E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Audi Arrogance?

04-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #23
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

What it really comes down to is the salesman.. not the dealership, or the brand.

Some of them judge a book by it's cover, which is one of the worst things to do as a salesman. Treat everyone the same no matter age, color, or gender, and you will do better then the ones who discriminate. It's often the person who least looks the type with the fattest pocket. Whether it's a 23 year old, or a 50 something who doesn't exactly fit the profile of a cookie cutter rich guy.

Small example, a family friend I know in his 50's owns a quickly growing crystal business. He recently purchased an SL 65 AMG.. He also dresses with large sized old T shirts, and sometimes sweat pants. Doesn't mean he can't afford what he wants
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #24
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Audi is terrible in terms of customer service at dealers from what I've experienced. BMW and Benz usually aren't much better, but there are a few good dealers in my area.

Porsche is consistantly the best, in my experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #25
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
No offense bro but prolly every 1 of 5 of your posts always points out that BMW owners are either pricks, dicks, assholes, snobs, elitist or like to us 3 series owners shouldn't think were all that cuz the 3 is nothing special. Just give it up. Every time I see you post all I think is your thought process of BMW owners and your one of them

Can you not make a post in this kind of thread or others like it w/o bringing your thoughts and opinions at all times? It gets old. Either way you'll do what you want and prolly spew some garbage at me but no reason to keep hitting the same note over and over again.

BTW, Audi was nice but I didn't spend much time there. Lexus was nice but tried to bend me over the table thinking they could take complete advantage of a 23y/o(age I was when looking). BMW was the best and actually surprised me that they were. I didn't step foot in Merc. cuz they weren't my cup of tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
That's exactly what I thought. I didn't mean my post to be offensive or arrogant, nor do I think I came across as such, and yet he decided to make it a point to tell me that it was.
No offense taken, I won't spout "Garbage" at you however I will say that the reason I am continually bringing up the "asshole in BMW" is that I hope in some small way shinning a bright light on it will help some folks realize that nobody really gives a shit about you and your BMW. I bought a BMW despite the Roundel, but I was also kind of figuring that there was NO WAY that BMW owners could really be the collection of uptight assholes that the public paints them to be...

Ho HO, all it took was a couple of meets here and there, some time on this forum, and holy shit a few issues of Roundel to come to the realization that BMW owners to a great extent really are full of themselves, materialistic, assholes. Certain that they are superior somehow because they are driving a German Buick.

Now certainly this is a broad stroke fair enough. I've actually ran into a great number of local BMW drivers that are actual driving enthusiasts and they are fantastic people. I am not saying that being a fan of the brand is bad, no no, It's just that there are so many out there (Both young and old) that seem to have forgotten WHY we are excited about BMW. Not because of some pathetic American obsession where Money=Respect, No. But because BMWs are fantastic cars to drive, they are rewarding, safe, fun, and present a decent value.

So maybe I am beating a tired old drum, I'll give you that, sorry to be boring, but every time I get cut off, or otherwise messed with on the highway and I haven't done anything more than have the gall to drive a BMW??? I think of all the arrogance and bullshit I see here and there on the forums and when I watch the asshole in the 5 series tailgating a family in a Toyota Highlander in the carpool lane I am reminded WHY BMW owners have such a shitty reputation. It's frustrating.

So instead of bitching about all the other stuff folks here bitch about... "My I-pod sucks" or "why is my wheel squeaking" and "has anyone had their fuel pump replaced?"

I bitch about owners propagating the shitty BMW Stereotypes and making us all look worse out in the world...

Go figure... I also post about boobs, and lots of other useful stuff as well. I can be quite helpful and I am... I just when it comes to the Beamerweasels....
      04-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #26
22witha335
Rep
Drives: A6 3.0TDI S-Line

[QUOTE=Revlis;2560358]You've taken one Audi experiance and extrapolated that out to cover Audi in general??? Makes no sense.

Besides, we all know there are no greater pricks than BMW Owners, dealers, mechanics... Besides that small minority that actually bought a BMW for the drive that is.

You didn't buy an Audi/Porsche/Mercedes did you, you had no intention of buying one either did you? Sales folks can smell bullshit and tire kickers from a mile away.

Ok,
Yes, i had every intention on buying a car from one of the dealerships i visited. Did i say that ALL Audi dealerships are Arrogant? there is a question mark at the end of my post, so that means i am questioning my experience, and am wanting to know others experiences.

I would think (my opinion).. if the economy is in the shitter, salesmen would be over-friendly and try to make more sales because of lack of business.
I explained that i am a professional athlete living in Europe, but didnt feel i need to throw my bank roll at him to get him to take me serious. Yeah, i am young, and i am sure he gets 20 people a week that come in with no intnetion on buying...but if you treat people like that, you are gonna miss out on sales.
matt
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #27
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

[QUOTE=22witha335;2564514]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
You've taken one Audi experiance and extrapolated that out to cover Audi in general??? Makes no sense.

Besides, we all know there are no greater pricks than BMW Owners, dealers, mechanics... Besides that small minority that actually bought a BMW for the drive that is.

You didn't buy an Audi/Porsche/Mercedes did you, you had no intention of buying one either did you? Sales folks can smell bullshit and tire kickers from a mile away.

Ok,
Yes, i had every intention on buying a car from one of the dealerships i visited. Did i say that ALL Audi dealerships are Arrogant? there is a question mark at the end of my post, so that means i am questioning my experience, and am wanting to know others experiences.

I would think (my opinion).. if the economy is in the shitter, salesmen would be over-friendly and try to make more sales because of lack of business.
I explained that i am a professional athlete living in Europe, but didnt feel i need to throw my bank roll at him to get him to take me serious. Yeah, i am young, and i am sure he gets 20 people a week that come in with no intnetion on buying...but if you treat people like that, you are gonna miss out on sales.
matt
You are correct... And I remember it being frustrating as hell being 20 something looking for car. Pulling up to the Infiniti dealership in Tampa and having NOBODY want to deal with me... I remember their attitudes clearly.

What I did though is just take my business elsewhere and just down the road I found an Infiniti salesperson who was thrilled to spend some time and sell me a car.

We all make broad sweeping generalizations, and I wasn't attacking you, just pointing out that saying "Audi Arrogance" makes it sound as though Audi was being arrogant, not some toolshed salesman who was doing it wrong.

Be patient though, eventually you'll get old enough that salesmen leap at the chance to help you... Not sure if that's good or bad though...
      04-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #28
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22witha335 View Post
Anyone ever get a major attitude problem when dealing with Audi?
Granted i am 23 years old, but when i was in the states, checking on which car i wanted to buy, i found that between Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche.....Audi was the all around WORST when it came to helping me and showing me any sort of respect. The salesman bluntly asked me, "are you actually considering this car, or are you just hoping to get it someday?"
I just got the distinct impression that they felt they were the superior German brand, and i was just wasting their time.
Maybe i just got some bad luck and dealt with some D-Bag salesmen at the dealership, but wanted to hear if anyone has had any of the same feelings?

Matt
Are you talking about Sunset Audi/ Porsche?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:11 AM   #29
22witha335
Rep

yup. that was them
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:28 AM   #30
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22witha335 View Post
yup. that was them
Haven't been into the Audi portion of Sunset, but one of the salespeople in the Porsche section is rather pompous.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #31
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Good experience buying from Audi the first time around. The second time around, offered me SH deals, were way too passive and just diddnt really care. End of lease is an opportunity for repeat biz. They lost my biz. This is one of the reasons I went with BMW.

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:20 AM   #32
22witha335
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger///M3 View Post
Haven't been into the Audi portion of Sunset, but one of the salespeople in the Porsche section is rather pompous.
Yeah, at the same time i was looking at the car, i let him know that my family was also looking to get an S4 for my sister, and he acted like he couldnt be bothered with me. This guy literally lost out on 2 possible sales....forgot his name. But my parents went to a different dealership to get my sisters car, and that guy really didnt give me a good feel for dealing with them.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #33
Icedog_16
No Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
Good experience buying from Audi the first time around. The second time around, offered me SH deals, were way too passive and just diddnt really care. End of lease is an opportunity for repeat biz. They lost my biz. This is one of the reasons I went with BMW.
The problem is that they don't have any control over the lease programs at the time. I was really interested in getting an S5, but the lease was ridiculous! $980/mo for a ~$55K car?!? I'd just buy it at that rate. Even the TT (I had one before) was on the high side. From what I understand, they didn't structure their lease programs right, unlike BMW, but they are working on it. But the fact that the leases just weren't there may have played a part in your experience, especially when you know that they know you may be cross-shopping BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #34
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
The problem is that they don't have any control over the lease programs at the time. I was really interested in getting an S5, but the lease was ridiculous! $980/mo for a ~$55K car?!? I'd just buy it at that rate. Even the TT (I had one before) was on the high side. From what I understand, they didn't structure their lease programs right, unlike BMW, but they are working on it. But the fact that the leases just weren't there may have played a part in your experience, especially when you know that they know you may be cross-shopping BMW.
That's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I was thinking it was over $1K a month based on the numbers they released.

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #35
Icedog_16
No Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
That's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I was thinking it was over $1K a month based on the numbers they released.
That was originally with $5K down, but I made that go away. It still was kind of a surprise. Before I got my Elise (just over three years ago) I had been seriously looking at an S4 and that was coming in at around the $650 range. I figured it would probably be a bit more than the S4, but not over $300 more; so it was hard to justify. I really wanted one, but not that badly.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #36
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

dealer dependent.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0