E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > TO bad MicroSucks = (

02-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

TO bad MicroSucks = (

Well so far i've seen a video of someone purchased microsucks vista and it's not compatible with his new Computer, so he shredded his copy online. LOl, then this morning driving home i was listening to Z100 (100.3fm) and they were talking about how bad vista is.

I'm extremely happy i made my switch to mac before microsucks came out with their mac wanna be operating system.

Goooooooo MAC!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
BrianJA
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 Audi RS4

the person who shredded the CD online was Anthony from Opie & Anthony. (or at least it looked EXACTLY like him).
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Vista works perfectly fine on my computer
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
Vista works perfectly fine on my computer
how's the improvements?... Anything worth wild?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #5
BrianJA
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 Audi RS4

I have no problems with it as well.

If you have a machine that can handle it properly, then I think it is nice.

Visually, it is a big improvement. Some of the new features are nice too, such as the search bar.

While my upgrade went smoothly a lot of people seem to be having issues with drivers, etc. I would check tomake sure all of your drivers are available for vista first (vid. card, sound card, printers, wireless, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

http://www.apple.com/getamac/

security oh noes! I do like the mac for everyday use but i'd use my PC for gaming which works out nicely
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

I think the vast majority of the population is too stupid to install any software by themselves let alone installing an OS. Resorting to a prepackaged-presetup computer is a better bet for most.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
First off, let me start by saying I'm a Mac guy. 3 out of the last 4 computers I've bought have been Macs and it's because I'm a huge fan of OS X stability (I reboot once every couple months if that) and the fact that things just work as they should. That said I still own a Windows box and use Windows at work. Disclaimer out of the way then...

To knock Vista is silly. It's a huge improvement over XP in so many ways. I've been running the beta for several months now. The initial experience is underwhelming - it feels like XP service pack 3. BUT, give it time and you find that overall the system is safer, more stable and just dang prettier than XP. Desktop search is hard to live without and the built-in search is better than any 3rd-party solutions under XP. Taskbar previews are great. Aero glass is beautiful - OS X feels ordinary by comparison.

Will Vista make me switch back to Windows? Hell no. OS X is proven and I can't live without Expose. But to say Vista sucks is just nonsense. It's delayed, it doesn't contain everything that they said they would put in when they started out, but it IS a solid release and truly a next-gen Windows.

No wonder they call us Apple fanboys. Be objective please!
      02-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

it doesnt really matter what they put out anyway, they could put out an OS made by a three year old and still sell, they have to much control through compatibility

the day mac offers a COMPLETE solution to this is the day they take control
      02-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #10
joebaggg
E60
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Attack

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
as with everything... the first few versions will be flawed, creating an endless supply of patches!
      02-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #11
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
vista has been working fine on my comp ever since the first beta release almost a year ago
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #12
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

I personally own a mac. I have used Pc all my life. I've studied them and gotten my A+ certifications and went for my MCSE. I used to hav to install my families computer when they purchased it. Now install meaning. Get all the plugs in the right place, turn on and install all the drivers, then reboot, then install the anti-virus, then reboot, then install spyware stopper, then reboot, then UNinstall all the added Shit Microsucks puts into its Os, then it will be ready for use. About 40 minutes to get everything just right. What a hassle?.. Guys we are not living in the past, it really is time to get up to date. Everyone seems to complain about, idrive to slow to load up, to many options to go thru to get to this and that.... Then if that's how you feel about idrive why do you own a PC???... PC you have to worry about virus, spyware, drivers, etc.... I mean the the list goes on. Now the famouse and waited upon "vista" has come out now people are saying "wow it looks so cool, wow you get a search button tha's helpfull."... LOl are you seriouse??? REally are you seriouse?... Mac has had that "Search" function quite a while now, and the way it looks? real time weather etc... Mac has had the Expose and the widgets,etc... It just seems as if most were left in the stone age when they see the new search function and everyone is now like "wwwooowww"...I think it's really funny. It's obvious and have been said before in the reviews and in this board, vista is nothing but mac with a microsucks sticker. Most people don't want to switch due to fear. Fear = Unknown. People fear what they do not know. And people who know and used apple and prefer windows, i don't know?

I've never used apple. EVER. I didn't even try to use apple, i heard the reviews and said F@#$ it. I went to the apple store and picked up an imac. NEVER will i have to put up with Microsucks Shit again. It's like the matrix. Everyone is sucked in to knowing only window's and since the world does it, hey i will do it to. I've always been a leader in the things i do. Anything weather it's decided to switch to the left lane when 20 cars are going slow due to one car, or decided to change my look because everyone around me dressed the same, or switched my hair style to someting different that looks good also due to everyone and their mothers having the same style, to finding better routes to places. I've never liked following people. Ever.

Now i know it's personal preference, and mac vs pc is not a matter of which one is better, it's a matter of which one is better for me. I see many downfalls for pc. and it seems as if their looking at mac as a goal to achieve or follow. If you look at mac. Is has it's own unique ways. I love the way i do'nt have to reboot, and worry about the viruses, and the ichat video conference, and the email program, and everything else how easy and modern it is. I'm actually happy that windows came out with their vista, or is it their beta version?.. It's obvious their scared or the new comming thoughts of apple. Well now with the new Mac OS Leapard.... It's pretty much going to be over. Everyone notices how windows tries to be secret about their vista before it came out. didn't want anyone to know it's new changes.. Seems to me their were waiting to make it like mac but with "modern" look and features. When it turned out to be modern 2000. Mac worked on their leapard OS and once good enough they showed it on their apple.com... Nothing to hide.. Why should they? THey set standards and surpass at it. Their it is. With the timemachine how to can bring back contacts or pictures or documents without haveing to rist your wallpaper or installed programs or having problems later on. I mean it's obvious we are in the 21 century, why still look for something the hard way and slow when everything could be simple?.. The new Os for mac will AGAIN set standards, and Ms will have to again follow and come out with a second edition to catch up. post your opinions. Many will state the obviouse. "I use my computer for games" "Mac doesn't have many games"... Games?.... i mean, isn't that why thier is Playstations and Gamecubes, and Nintendo's, and Xbox, and wii, and.... Are you seriouse?...I do'nt mind playing games on my computer. Heck i'm looking to buy the Doom3 that i never played before but loved doom2. So i'm going to get that. But if i'm concerned about games, i'll buy myself a GAMEconsole. After all that is what they are their for. People sometiems expect the computer games to be extremely perfect... it's a computer?.. that is why they have gameconsoles. THeir you will have MANY choices of games to choose from because... IT'S A GAME CONSOLE... made for video games. My computer is used to internet, music, mail, documents, pictures, videos, and editing... After all i wouldn't bash the xbox that i can't see mydocuments on it, becuase it's a game console not a computer. I wouldn't want to edit my pictures on a playstation because it's a game console. My computer does more than what i want. And now since Microsucks is taking mac ideas, what happend to windows media player and how popular it was... Seems itunes is taken over. Now itunes is popular for Pc. Due to demand on ipod and pc users mac allowed pc to have itunes installed. I'm a mac lover. Does everything i want and more and better. Doesn't take up space, and i do'nt have to install drivers or reboot. 3 cables, mouse ->keyboard->imac->to wall outlet. Press on button, i can start USING my computer.

PS-People who love PC, i'm not bashing, that is my ideas and opinion. My preference and points of views.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

HOly shit this wall of text is more humongous than the Great Wall of CHina!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmister View Post
I personally own a mac. I have used Pc all my life. I've studied them and gotten my A+ certifications and went for my MCSE. I used to hav to install my families computer when they purchased it. Now install meaning. Get all the plugs in the right place, turn on and install all the drivers, then reboot, then install the anti-virus, then reboot, then install spyware stopper, then reboot, then UNinstall all the added Shit Microsucks puts into its Os, then it will be ready for use. About 40 minutes to get everything just right. What a hassle?.. Guys we are not living in the past, it really is time to get up to date. Everyone seems to complain about, idrive to slow to load up, to many options to go thru to get to this and that.... Then if that's how you feel about idrive why do you own a PC???... PC you have to worry about virus, spyware, drivers, etc.... I mean the the list goes on. Now the famouse and waited upon "vista" has come out now people are saying "wow it looks so cool, wow you get a search button tha's helpfull."... LOl are you seriouse??? REally are you seriouse?... Mac has had that "Search" function quite a while now, and the way it looks? real time weather etc... Mac has had the Expose and the widgets,etc... It just seems as if most were left in the stone age when they see the new search function and everyone is now like "wwwooowww"...I think it's really funny. It's obvious and have been said before in the reviews and in this board, vista is nothing but mac with a microsucks sticker. Most people don't want to switch due to fear. Fear = Unknown. People fear what they do not know. And people who know and used apple and prefer windows, i don't know?

I've never used apple. EVER. I didn't even try to use apple, i heard the reviews and said F@#$ it. I went to the apple store and picked up an imac. NEVER will i have to put up with Microsucks Shit again. It's like the matrix. Everyone is sucked in to knowing only window's and since the world does it, hey i will do it to. I've always been a leader in the things i do. Anything weather it's decided to switch to the left lane when 20 cars are going slow due to one car, or decided to change my look because everyone around me dressed the same, or switched my hair style to someting different that looks good also due to everyone and their mothers having the same style, to finding better routes to places. I've never liked following people. Ever.

Now i know it's personal preference, and mac vs pc is not a matter of which one is better, it's a matter of which one is better for me. I see many downfalls for pc. and it seems as if their looking at mac as a goal to achieve or follow. If you look at mac. Is has it's own unique ways. I love the way i do'nt have to reboot, and worry about the viruses, and the ichat video conference, and the email program, and everything else how easy and modern it is. I'm actually happy that windows came out with their vista, or is it their beta version?.. It's obvious their scared or the new comming thoughts of apple. Well now with the new Mac OS Leapard.... It's pretty much going to be over. Everyone notices how windows tries to be secret about their vista before it came out. didn't want anyone to know it's new changes.. Seems to me their were waiting to make it like mac but with "modern" look and features. When it turned out to be modern 2000. Mac worked on their leapard OS and once good enough they showed it on their apple.com... Nothing to hide.. Why should they? THey set standards and surpass at it. Their it is. With the timemachine how to can bring back contacts or pictures or documents without haveing to rist your wallpaper or installed programs or having problems later on. I mean it's obvious we are in the 21 century, why still look for something the hard way and slow when everything could be simple?.. The new Os for mac will AGAIN set standards, and Ms will have to again follow and come out with a second edition to catch up. post your opinions. Many will state the obviouse. "I use my computer for games" "Mac doesn't have many games"... Games?.... i mean, isn't that why thier is Playstations and Gamecubes, and Nintendo's, and Xbox, and wii, and.... Are you seriouse?...I do'nt mind playing games on my computer. Heck i'm looking to buy the Doom3 that i never played before but loved doom2. So i'm going to get that. But if i'm concerned about games, i'll buy myself a GAMEconsole. After all that is what they are their for. People sometiems expect the computer games to be extremely perfect... it's a computer?.. that is why they have gameconsoles. THeir you will have MANY choices of games to choose from because... IT'S A GAME CONSOLE... made for video games. My computer is used to internet, music, mail, documents, pictures, videos, and editing... After all i wouldn't bash the xbox that i can't see mydocuments on it, becuase it's a game console not a computer. I wouldn't want to edit my pictures on a playstation because it's a game console. My computer does more than what i want. And now since Microsucks is taking mac ideas, what happend to windows media player and how popular it was... Seems itunes is taken over. Now itunes is popular for Pc. Due to demand on ipod and pc users mac allowed pc to have itunes installed. I'm a mac lover. Does everything i want and more and better. Doesn't take up space, and i do'nt have to install drivers or reboot. 3 cables, mouse ->keyboard->imac->to wall outlet. Press on button, i can start USING my computer.

PS-People who love PC, i'm not bashing, that is my ideas and opinion. My preference and points of views.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #14
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Thats a fair analysis. Thats exactly how I was 4 years ago when OS X came out. I got the then-new Imac and a couple years later got a powerbook g2. Unfortunately, I use my computer as much for doing work as I do for personal use. Trying to use excel on a mac, whether on my imac or my powerbook with 1gb of ram, to do page after page of data analysis was so painful, it drove me insane. It seemed to me, that when I first got my Mac and just used it for personal enjoyment (mail, internet, music, a little iMovie action here and there), it was amazing. But as I spent more time working on engineering data, complex logorithms, etc. A PC was the only way to go. I'm planning to return to Mac soon enough, but I currenlty can't beat the speed and dependability (as weird as that sounds in the same sentence with PC) of my windows desktop/laptop.

But I promise you one thing... I will NOT be making the Vista upgrade anytime soon. That's a promise. If I wanted Vista, I'd just get a Mac.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #15
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
HOly shit this wall of text is more humongous than the Great Wall of CHina!!

LMAO.. yeah dude at work bored so i had to vent and let it all out... fast typing before the boss gets near you know.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #16
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Thats a fair analysis. Thats exactly how I was 4 years ago when OS X came out. I got the then-new Imac and a couple years later got a powerbook g2. Unfortunately, I use my computer as much for doing work as I do for personal use. Trying to use excel on a mac, whether on my imac or my powerbook with 1gb of ram, to do page after page of data analysis was so painful, it drove me insane. It seemed to me, that when I first got my Mac and just used it for personal enjoyment (mail, internet, music, a little iMovie action here and there), it was amazing. But as I spent more time working on engineering data, complex logorithms, etc. A PC was the only way to go. I'm planning to return to Mac soon enough, but I currenlty can't beat the speed and dependability (as weird as that sounds in the same sentence with PC) of my windows desktop/laptop.

But I promise you one thing... I will NOT be making the Vista upgrade anytime soon. That's a promise. If I wanted Vista, I'd just get a Mac.
That's so true. Excel on a Mac is a horrible experience. I'm not sure why. I only do heavy duty Excel stuff at work (Windows).

For the curious, I saw this on Digg. Might be worth a shot if you don't already have a Mac. http://www.digg.com/apple/Install_OS...l_AMD_computer
      02-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #17
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

wht's change w/ microsuckshard

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

You know, as much times as i see info on vista it just reminds me of a mac wannabe, and with all it's uncompatabilities and ... Man i'm soo happy i'm home with a reliable mac.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #19
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

I dont like Vista , I prefer XP
Appreciate 0