E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Police raid Car meet to generate revenue.

04-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Police raid Car meet to generate revenue.

This shit pisses me off. Sorry if it's a Repost.

http://thenewspaper.com/news/23/2302.asp

Last edited by Jonmartin; 04-06-2008 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: Wrong title
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

1) Repost.
2) "Car meet" at 11pm? I think not.
3) Stolen parts on that many cars? Seems like this was justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
1) Repost.
2) "Car meet" at 11pm? I think not.
3) Stolen parts on that many cars? Seems like this was justified.
I think this whole raid was stupid. The $500k they spent on this should have went to better things like the teachers that are getting laid off and getting pay cuts. Or helping the people losing their jobs on a daily basis this shit is pointless. If they want to catch violators they could do that a different way this doesnt send a powerfull message to me about how "street racing won't be tolerated" it shows how stupid the people in charge of our budget is.Because no matter how many times they do this the problem will never stop people will do whatever they want anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #4
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
I think this whole raid was stupid. The $500k they spent on this should have went to better things like the teachers that are getting laid off and getting pay cuts. Or helping the people losing their jobs on a daily basis this shit is pointless. If they want to catch violators they could do that a different way this doesnt send a powerfull message to me about how "street racing won't be tolerated" it shows how stupid the people in charge of our budget is.Because no matter how many times they do this the problem will never stop people will do whatever they want anyway.
+100 true story WTF are the police just this bored??? I mean for get drug deals, murders, etc... oh hell no go snag that tricked up car instead that is waaaay higher on the agenda LOLOLOL
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #5
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Because no matter how many times they do this the problem will never stop people will do whatever they want anyway.
So I guess we should stop prosecuting murderers as well and just let them kill? Just let people rob houses because even if we catch some other will continue? Are you really that stupid?

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 01:46 AM   #6
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
So I guess we should stop prosecuting murderers as well and just let them kill? Just let people rob houses because even if we catch some other will continue? Are you really that stupid?
Your the stupid one no one is talking about that alright, screwing up car meets isn't going to stop street racing is the point. Stay on topic. Your really stupid if you support that kind of waste of $500k theres a million better things to do other then that. No one is talking about murders or thieves. I wonder about some of the people on this board.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
grymattr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

There isn't a ny $$ in capturing killers, drug dealers, etc. Unless the police can make a buck at it - odds are it's not a priority. Sad but true...

What really gets me is when an officer gets all uppity about going 15 over the limit on the highway like you've personally offended knowing full well the city/county/region they represent DEPENDS on that revenue to survive. IF everyone obeyed all the posted laws and limits the revenue disappeared there would be a serious fiscal problem for that area.

I agree - this was a waste of time and just another way to create a feeling of distrust and seperation between police and civilians.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

While I have a problem with the federal government underwriting this operation, I see nothing wrong with what the police did.

The article is a bit biased, using loaded language like, "warrantless search and interrogation operation" and "no evidence that any street racing actually took place" when in reality, the police do not need a warrant to ask questions or to cite you for what is in plain sight. Also, if no one was charged with street racing, why would they offer evidence of it.

Sounds to me like they got there before the racing started.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #9
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

Quote:
According to your logic, we should raid, arrest, and execute every person at an NRA meet, since they can potentially be murderers. What the cops did was stupid. And yes, the article is hella biased, apparently the journalist is just as incompetent as the PD in question.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #10
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
According to your logic, we should raid, arrest, and execute every person at an NRA meet, since they can potentially be murderers. What the cops did was stupid. And yes, the article is hella biased, apparently the journalist is just as incompetent as the PD in question.
I can say with confidence if a group of gun owners congregated in the parking lot of a mall after 11pm, they would attract the attention of the police. It would most likely include SWAT teams rather than just patrolmen.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #11
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Not much to say. Stolen parts equals justifiable actions by the PD imo.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #12
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
Fail.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #13
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Check out what just happend this past weekend in Toronto, Canada:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=560580

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
borsalino
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 328i

The cops in Vancouver sometimes stand on robson street in downtown and look for cars without front license plates. That shit pisses me off so much because they could be using their time better by walking around the eastside trying to arrest crackheads buying and selling drugs. If you ever drive through the eastside of Vancouver on hastings street you can always see junkies using or buying drugs.