E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Im done with LOST

04-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Im done with LOST

Ok... I have given the show enough time to redeem itself.

So what is the whole point of the show??? People are stuck on an island. And what happens on this island? Well, its not like Giligan's Island like things happen... Just a bunch of nothing. They make one attempt to get off of the island last season, and relatively nothing has happened this season.

Im going to boycott the show for a while. Ill be interested again when you say '5 new things happen this week.' All the other weeks, nothing new happens... What a waste of my life...

rant over...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

hahaha I feel you man. I heard a lot of things about it so I checked it out (over a year ago). I watched one episode and that was it. Havent even glanced at it since.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

Last week was a good episode. I was frustrated too, until last week. Def Season 1 though was lots better.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
matt0528
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

i think they are getting a chance to redeem themselves..... like a second chance to continue life because of what they have done wrong

2006 BMW 330i // Spark. Graphite // Black Interior w/ Alum.// 15mm Spacers

Sport Package // 162 18" rims // JL 12w6v2 sub // JL 500/1 amp// PMB Hyperwhite Angels
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 05:27 AM   #5
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt0528
i think they are getting a chance to redeem themselves..... like a second chance to continue life because of what they have done wrong

With the exception of last weeks episode, nothing has happened.

Im starting to lose interest in the show...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
I decided season 2 sucked a long time ago... yet still I keep watching.
Last weeks episode wasn't too bad though.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #7
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I was hoping it would end with Hurley waking up, and the island being a dream. Talk about a wasted season.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Who watches Lost just to see how they get off the island? That's boring.

You have to focus on the deeper aspects of the show - all about the foibles of humanity and how they are being transformed (by the island) for the better (or not).

In fact, half of the shows are flashbacks - does that not tell you something that you don't watch the show purely for the island's sake?

It's like watching Jarhead with the expectations of the horrors of war.

Or watching Signs with the expectations of massive alien invasions.

If you catch my fly on where I am getting at, perhaps you can actually read out of context and finally immerse yourself in a whole new world where you don't simply watch objects move on the television screen but analyse things they can't even express to you through the video camera.

Amen. Time for another shot of 151.
      04-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #9
huchung
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

watch 24. There are so many subplots in one season, its ridiculous! sadly enough, I have planned my entire week around 24...=(
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #10
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I refuse to watch either of those shows.
      04-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #11
mava330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupe

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
If you catch my fly on where I am getting at, perhaps you can actually read out of context and finally immerse yourself in a whole new world where you don't simply watch objects move on the television screen but analyse things they can't even express to you through the video camera..
You've just now entered.... The Twilight Zone! (cue the music)

Speak to us brotha Kevin!
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #12
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mava330
You've just now entered.... The Twilight Zone! (cue the music)

Speak to us brotha Kevin!
Hahah! Ok, I gotta lay back off the cush and angel dust you keep throwing at me! You're a bad influence! But I can never be a true poet like you, Mac!
      04-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #13
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huchung
watch 24. There are so many subplots in one season, its ridiculous! sadly enough, I have planned my entire week around 24...=(

I am the same way... 24 is my life. I honestly dont watch much TV (dont have the time for it)... but I make plenty of time for 24!!!

I actually have a little get together at my place on mondya nights for 24... we have a small cult going
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #14
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Who watches Lost just to see how they get off the island? That's boring.

You have to focus on the deeper aspects of the show - all about the foibles of humanity and how they are being transformed (by the island) for the better (or not).

In fact, half of the shows are flashbacks - does that not tell you something that you don't watch the show purely for the island's sake?

It's like watching Jarhead with the expectations of the horrors of war.

Or watching Signs with the expectations of massive alien invasions.

If you catch my fly on where I am getting at, perhaps you can actually read out of context and finally immerse yourself in a whole new world where you don't simply watch objects move on the television screen but analyse things they can't even express to you through the video camera.

Amen. Time for another shot of 151.

Who watches a show about people stranded on an island to learn about the people there??? You would think that their top priority would be getting home to families and friends.

I am not expecting an action movie sequence out of the show... But if you do read into the show, what has happened this season? Recap it for me... My summary is that nothing has happened... because it hasnt...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
Squawks
United_States
Rep

So if I make a show where people are trapped on an island and they escape by the end of the first season, it's a good show? Maybe I can throw in some intense shark scenes and make the kid die brutally and slowly. Will the show be good? No! It's the end of the show once they're home-free-home - otherwise they'd have to change their series title from LOST to FOUND.

But that's not my point. My point is that the writers behind the show isn't just writing about some idiots trying to escape an island. Food for thought - maybe the title LOST has another implication other than being simply lost on a mysterious island at sea...but rather LOST directly applies to each survivor on the island due to the simple fact (is it a coincidence?) that every single one of these survivors happened to have a serious problem in life...so serious they became "lost" in such misery/problems.

Don't ask me, I'm being shallow on the topic. Go to any sociology professor and he/she can ramble on for hours about Lost on things you probably would never have considered the entire time you watched the two seasons thus far.

Perhaps some things are simply too deep for the average Joe to comprehend. Take The Matrix, for example. Do you know how seriously deep that movie is? You can, in fact, Google The Matrix and read written reviews of the movie by literature/writer/sociology freaks and they will reveal to you a million things you never knew about The Matrix - a relatively plain and simple movie about some dude beating up some crazy ass machines and computers.

The poet is leaving the house.
      04-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
mava330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupe

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [6.00]
A dated "analytical" review of the importance of the Lost numbers.... This isn't my assessment so I don't take credit for it. Thowing it out there.

"4-8-15-16-23-42. Here is a cheat sheet:

# OF YEARS LOCKE WAS IN HIS WHEELCHAIR.

- # OF GUNS IN THE MARSHAL'S CASE.

- # OF ACES ON BOONE'S T-SHIRT.

- # of years since Hurley's grandfather got his pacemaker.

- # of years since Sam Toome killed himself.

- # of years since Sawyer made his "birthday wish".

- # of people that will fit on Michael's raft.

- # of months Michelangelo stared at marble "working" in Locke's story.

- # of months Boone asks if they're going to stare at the hatch.

- # of miles due west back to camp from where Locke ties up Boone.

- # of people Micheal needed to help did Jack out of the cave-in.

- # of refills of Shannon's inhaler Boone brought with him.

- # of days that pass before Jack decides to burn the fuselage & bodies for a signal.

- # of kids the nurse taking care of Micheal has.

- # of traps Locke sets up around camp to get Ethan.

- # of times Hurley says Charlie shot Ethan.

- # of months the psychic tried to convince Claire to raise her baby alone before giving her money and telling her of the couple in LA.

- # of Oceanic planes on the mobile in Claire's dream.

- # of dotted dice in a backgammon game.

- # of weeks ago Locke says he wouldn't have believed his crazy talk either (while talking to Boone).

- # of times Boone repeats Theresa falls up the stairs, Theresa falls down the stairs.

- # of times Locke bangs on his car roof at the end of Deus Ex Machina.

- # of shots that are fired by the male bank robbers in Whatever The Case May Be.

- # of the machine that Locke has while waking up in the hospital after the kidney transplant in Deus Ex Machina.

- # of times Locke bangs on the hatch before it lights up.

- # of 4's that appear on Sarah's t-shirt in Do No Harm.

- # of people Jack wonders if Charlie asked about their bloodtype.

- # of times Jin hits the raft with the axe before running off to help Kate.

- # that appears on Boone's shirt with the Chinese symbols.

- # appears after Arista in the jukebox on the Driveshaft song.

- Jack's dad's watch had the minute hand on 4.

- Jack plays the key B4 on the piano.

- Shannon asks Boone what him and Locke have been doing in the jungle for the past 4 days.

- Sayid said the French signal could be a SAT 4.

- Leonard was playing the game Connect 4.

- Walt says he needs a 4 & a 3 in the backgammon game.

- Plane hit turbulence at 40,000 feet.

- Charlie jokes about Locke bringing 400 knives.

- The guy with the beans was running that scam for 40 years.

- "Adam and Eve" have been in the caves for 40 years.

- Driveshaft is #234 on the jukebox (23 and 4).

- A column appears on the papers about Locke's Mother. 555-0121. 0 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 4.

- # of black dots that appear on Walt's ceiling in Special. [Thank you Ana]

- # of letters Michael flips through when handed the box of letters by Walt's nanny.

- There is a poster on the wall of the pool hall in Confidence Man, the date is January (1st month) 3rd. 1 + 3 = 4.

- The pool ball 14 is on the pool table in Confidence Man.

- The price on Walt's comic book in Argentina is $4.XX

- # of stars in the DC logo on Walt's comic book.

- LOST has 4 letters. [Thank you Mikael]

- In White Rabbit, Locke's watch's minute hand is set to 4.

- # of times Shannon touches Boone's hair before the camera cuts to Sayid and he goes over to console her in The Greater Good.

- # on the explosives inside the boxes of the truck.

- # of times Hurley says the word "good" while singing James Brown to the baby.

- The types of explosives stolen were C4.

- The license plate on the second truck Sayid and Essam get into is MRL 724. 7 + 2 + 4 = 13. 1 + 3 = 4.

- The magazine description Sawyer reads says the car has 400 horsepower.

- The magazine description says the car has a 4.4 liter power plant under the hood.

- # of months Mr. Arzt says is the next time they can launch the raft.

- Tom says his son Connor will be 22 months old. 2 + 2 = 4.

- # of bottles of water Hurley filled for his hike to see Danielle. [Thank you Daniel]

- Hurley rides past a boy giving 2 peace signs to a camera while getting his picture taken. He's holding up 4 fingers.

- # of times the girl in the hotel room with Charlie tells him to let the heroin go before he knocks her to the floor. [Thank you Daniel]

- Shannon asks Boone what a 4 letter word for "I don't care" is. [Thank you Mark]

- # of scratches on Danielle's arm from Claire. [Thank you Patty]

- # of people who kidnap Walt. [Thank you Sven]

- # of explosions that happen in Exodus. Arzt blowing up, Kate throwing the dynamite in the hole, the hatch being opened, and the raft exploding. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- # of bracelets the girl in the hotel room with Charlie was wearing. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- # of scratches on Jack's face in The Pilot. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- # of time Jack shouts "Come on!" at Rose in The Pilot before she revives. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- In The Pilot the clock inside of the cockpit displays 4:00. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- # of stripes on the pilot's shirt in The Pilot. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- # of family members Hurley introduces to the media after he wins the lottery. [Thank you Perrie]

- Jack says it has to be almost 4:00 when Kate, Locke and Boone are out look for Claire. [Thank you Blake]

- # of fingers Charlie taped. [Thank you Liquid Flash]

- # of people who died in a car bomb in Sayid's story to Charlie. The wife and three kids. [Thank you Knife Cut]

- # on the dice in Deus Ex Machina when the camera focuses on the Mouse Trap board. [Thank you David]

- On the radar, when Sawyer and Michael first see the ship, it appears on the 4th ring out from the center. [Thank you Mike]

- # of times we hear Sayid chop a piece of wood in House Of The Rising Sun before Jack and Kate come up to him with water. [Thank you David]

- # of people at the black smoke in Exodus Part 2. [Thank you Jessi]

- # of people at the hatch when it is opened in Exodus Part 2. [Thank you Jessi]

- # of times Charlie turns on the flashlight before he goes into the caves to attempt to rescue Jack in The Moth. [Thank you Leewick]

- # of scratches that appear on Ethan's cheek in Homecoming. [Thank you Amos]

- # of times Locke blows the dog whistle before Vincent comes out of the jungle in Tabula Rasa. [Thank you Orly]

- # of years that pass after Theresa dies, to when Boone and Shannon's parents get married. [Thank you Amos]

- # of times Hurley shouts "The numbers are bad!" before the hatch blows up in Exodus Part 2.

- # of bamboo logs that Jin brings to Michael as a sign of friendship at the end of ...In Translation. [Thank you Orly]

- # of windows on the broken piece of plane in Sawyer's compound in Outlaws. [Thank you Amos]

- # of times that Locke says "get out" to Boone before the plane crashes. [Thank you Orly]

- # of times Jin kisses Sun's shoulder in ...In Translation. [Thank you Gal]

- Sydney, the Australian city where the airport for Oceanic is located has 4 million inhabitants. [Thank you Orly]

- Los Angeles, the city where the plane was scheduled to land, was incorporated as a city of California on April 4. [Thank you Orly]

- # of months Claire was pregnant when they crashed.

- # of kilometers the hitman tells Jin to drive.

- # of people that die in Hurley's shoe factory fire.

- # of whiskey shots between Sawyer and Christian Shepherd.

- # of hours Kate would spend in the woods with her father tracking deer.

- # of years since Michael got hit by car.

- # of years Michael's been writing Walt.

- # of months Locke and Helen have been talking.

- # of days since Charlie went without his guitar.

- # of weeks Driveshaft was going to tour.

- # of days after the crash Jack & the other survivors moved to the caves.

- # of years Michael worked in construction.

- # of months since farmer's wife died when he met Kate.

- # that appears on Boone's shirt with the Chinese symbols.

- # of times Jin punches the guy he was "giving the message" to for Sun's father.

- # of beers Jack's best man says he should have before giving the speech.

- Sawyer's age when his dad killed himself and his wife.

- Shannon's age when her dad married Boone's mom.

- News station at Hurley's Lotto interview was channel 8.

- Walt born in August (8th month).

- Claire was missing for 8 days since Ethan took her.

- In the Pilot Part 2 when Charlie takes off his shoe, inside it says size 8.

- # appears after Arista in the jukebox on the Driveshaft song.

- A column appears on the papers about Locke's Mother. 555-0170. 1 + 7 = 8.

- 323 is the area code of Locke's Mom's telephone number. 3 + 2 + 3 = 8.

- 8 appears in Locke's license plate.

- Charlie hits the jukebox keys 1 3 and 4 in Homecoming. 1 + 3 + 4 = 8.

- The license plate on the detective's car who catches Kate in Tabula Rasa is ALK-125. 1 + 2 + 5 = 8.

- # of sections in Walt's ceiling in Special. [Thank you Ana]

- The 8 ball is on the pool table in Confidence Man.

- The pool balls 2 and 6 are shown on the pool table in Confidence Man. 2 + 6 = 8.

- The price on Walt's comic book in Spain is $800.00

- # of people kneeling in the second row of the mosque.

- Sayid was kept for 18 hours in the holding cell.

- In The Greater Good when it shows Boone's driving license we can see he was born in 1981.

- The license plate on the truck Sayid and Essam were in was ALK 125. 1 + 2 + 5 = 8.

- The magazine description Sawyer reads says the car has a V8 engine.

- When reading the magazine description Sawyer says the car delivers a 350 pound rear-wheel torque. 3 + 5 + 0 = 8. - Sawyer says the car has a 32 valve V8 engine. V = 22nd letter of the alphabet. 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 8 = 17. 1 + 7 = 8.

- The magazine description says the car has a 4.4 liter power plant under the hood. 4 + 4 = 8.

- A news reporter is holding a microphone in front of Hurley and it's from station 17. 1 + 7 = 8.

- In Numbers when Hurley is flipping through the TV channels it goes to a hockey game and it shows the player with jersey number 17. 1 + 7 = 8. [Thank you Daniel]

- In Exodus when Danielle arrives at camp she says a series of numbers. She mentions it was 16 years ago they arrived, there were 6 of them, then says she was 7 months pregnant, she said the baby were together 1 week, and the black smoke was 5 kilometers inland. 16 + 6 + 7 + 1 + 5 = 35. 3 + 5 = 8.

- Jack and Ana's seat numbers were 23B and 42F. B = 2nd letter of the alphabet, F = 6th letter of the alphabet. 2 + 6 = 8.

- Hurley says Twinkies stay fresh for 8,000 years.

- The guy on the scooter that Hurley approaches has crazy 8's written on his hat.

- Hurley looks up at a sign in the airport that says gates 14 thru 23. There are 8 numbers between 14 and 23.

- Hurley's license plate in Exodus was TX 327. T = 20th letter. X = 24th. 2 + 0 + 2 + 4 = 8.

- While Jin is on the raft in Exodus, his watch appears to display 5:30. 5 + 3 = 8. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- When Charlie runs to get Sayid, he passes 7 redshirt characters. Sayid is the 8th person. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- # of times in The Pilot that Jack hits the airplane's cockpit door before it opens. [Thank you Laura]

- # of windows on the broken piece of plane that Jack runs by in The Pilot. [Thank you Jaap]

- # of questions Sun asks Jin once she steps into the bathroom in House Of The Rising Sun. [Thank you David]

- In the airport scene of House Of The Rising Sun, we can hear over the intercom that they are boarding Oceanic flight 125 nonstop to Singapore. 1 + 2 + 5 = 8. [Thank you David]

- # of weeks long that Drive Shaft's comeback tour was.

- Kate's mom's room was number 208. [Thank you Tracy]

- # of deaths that occurred on the island in the first season. [Thank you Kirsty]

- In Born To Run, there is a license plate in Kate's trunk from Michigan. Michigan is ranked the 8th most populated state.

- In Born To Run, Kate has a license plate from Colorado. Colorado is ranked the 8th largest state by area.

- In Born To Run, Kate has a license plate from Nebraska. Nebraska has a total density of 8.6 km's squared.

- # of people in the elevator in Exodus Part 2.

- In Exodus Part 2, a voice on the intercom says flight to gate 143 has been changed. 1 + 4 + 3 = 8.

- # of times Hurley says pee after he steps on the sea urchin in Hearts And Minds. [Thank you Orly]

- In Exodus Part 2, Sawyer sings Redemption Song by Bob Marley and the Wailer's while he's on the raft. The song is from their 8th CD, Uprising. [Thank you Orly]

- # of golf clubs Jin is playing with in ...In Translation. [Thank you Amos]

- # on the bottle of hair dye that Kate uses in Born To Run. [Thank you Amos]

- # of monitors in the Oceanic computer display in the airport. [Thank you Rodrigo]

- # of pieces you see in the finale, when the Australian cop holds up his mug to show sawyer he broke it. [Thank you Dude]

- # of members on Danielle's research team.

- # on whiskey bottle that Sawyer and Christian drink from.

- # of hours Boone flew to rescue his sister "15 hours, I just spent 15 hours on a plane".

- # of kilometers to nearest town from the Australian farm.

- Sun was supposed to leave the airport at 11:15.

- Hurley won 156 million dollars.

- Locke's Mom's weight was 115 pounds.

- 15347 Ocean Avenue is an address on the papers about Locke's Mother.

- 584-243-15 appears on the papers about Locke's Mother.

- The papers on Locke's Mother show that she was born on the 15th of October.

- The numbers 12015 appear on one of the plane's meters.

- 31803-A appears on the papers about Locke's Mother. 3 + 1 + 8 + 0 + 3 = 15.

- The number 555 appears multiple times on the papers about Locke's Mother. 5 + 5 + 5 = 15.

- The number sequence 4065434-87 appear on the papers about Locke's Mother. 8 + 7 = 15.

- The last 2 digits of Locke's license plate is 8 and 7. 8 + 7 = 15.

- Sawyer buys a compact 357 handgun from a man in Australia. 3 + 5 + 7 = 15.

- Randy tells Locke he needs the reports in by noon, not 12:15.

- In Special it shows a triangle on Danielle's maps. There are 3 degrees for the angles. 36º, 38º and 41º, when added = 115º.

- While Locke is telling Boone the Michelangelo story, he says "3 years later that block of marble was the statue of David." 365 days a year x 3 = 1095. 1 + 0 + 9 + 5 = 15.

- Sawyer had to be at the meeting for 3:30. The woman says it's 3:28. 3 + 2 + 8 = 13. 2 minutes left, 13 + 2 = 15.

- In the Pilot Jack tells Kate he was only going to give the fear 5 seconds to take over. Later on, Kate is shown counting to 5 while hiding from the "Monster". 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 15.

- Kate's license plate was DPN 924A. 9 + 2 + 4 = 15.

- Kate's license plate was 7 - C153M. 15 appears.

- When Kate and Tom are in the kitchen there is a clock in the background showing 1:50 AM.

- Hurley said his Grampa Tito worked 3 jobs, for 52 years, and he's 70 years old. 70 - 52 - 3 = 15. [Thank you Daniel]

- Jack asks Ana why she's drinking tequila and tonics at 10 to noon. 11:50 AM.

- The marshal said he was chasing Kate for 3 years. 3 x 365 = 1095 days. 1 + 0 + 9 + 5 = 15.

- Shannon says she doesn't want to sit near a crying baby for the next 15 hours.

- Hurley jokingly says he thinks TV dinners from the 1950's are in inside the hatch. 1 + 9 + 5 + 0 = 15.

- The lady at the desk in the airport looks up the information for Hurley's flight. On the computer screen it says the departure time is 14:15.

- Michael tells Sawyer the raft is 15 miles offshore.

- In Exodus when Sun is eating lunch with Jin the time on her watch appears to be 11:15 [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- In The Pilot, the pilot's watch says 11:50 [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- # of times Michael chops the piece of wood in House Of The Rising Sun while Sun is watching him in the jungle. [Thank you David]

- In Confidence Man, Sawyer had a bicentennial stamp on his letter commemorating America's declaration of independence. It was from Knoxville Tennessee. Knoxville was founded in 1791, 15 years after America's independence in 1776. [Thank you Knife Cut]

- Rose mentions she is from the Bronx, New York. According to the United States Census Bureau, the Bronx has 15.4 square miles of water.

- Scott said he worked in Santa Cruz, California. According to the United States Census Bureau, Santa Cruz has a total area of 15.6 square miles.

- # of people on the beach when Kate confesses to being a fugitive in Born To Run.

- The Colorado license plate in Kate's trunk, shown in Born To Run, was NUR-153.

- In Special, Walt says they should be studying birds of Egypt. Egypt is ranked the 15th most populated country.

- In Born To Run, there is a license plate in Kate's trunk from Michigan. Michigan is ranked the 15th state by density.

- In Born To Run, Kate has a license plate from Colorado. Colorado's average rainfall is 15 inches per year.

- Sayid's watch reads 10:15 when he gives Michael the plane's radar emitter in Exodus Part 1.

- Sun's watch reads 11:15 when giving Jin the list of English words spelled out phonetically in Exodus Part 1.

- In Walkabout, Locke says that the boar's weight is 100-150 pounds. [Thank you Orly]

- Los Angeles, the city where the plane was scheduled to land, is governed by a 15 member city council. [Thank you Orly]

- # of years Danielle's distress signal has been looping.

- # of weeks since someone won the lottery before Hurley.

- # of years since Sam and Lenny heard the numbers.

- # on the numerical die in the backgammon game.

- Jack, Kate, and Charlie found the pilot 16 hours after the crash.

- Age of patient of Jack's first solo procedure.

- Jack told the lady at the airport desk he had to land in LAX in 16 hours to bury his father & flight was 16 hours.

- The 4 dotted dice in backgammon game are on 4, 6, 2, 4. When added = 16.

- Sawyer got $160,000 from the girls husband as part of the scam.

- Locke's Mom lives at 2248 Greenwood Avenue. 2 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 16.

- The address 1258 Bendix Avenue appears on the papers about Locke's Mother. 1 + 2 + 5 + 8 = 16.

- Locke's license plate is 2ABM487. If you take just the letters ABM, and give them a numerical value for where they stand in the alphabet, A = 1 B = 2 M = 13, 1 + 2 + 13 = 16.

- Four 4's on Sarah's t-shirt. 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 16.

- The taxi cab a woman gets out of in Do No Harm is numbered 691. 6 + 9 + 1 = 16.

- There is a poster on the wall of the pool hall in Confidence Man, the date is June 16th.

- The price on Walt's comic book in Chile is $1,600.00

- The CIA woman tells Sayid it's been 7 years since he's left Iraq. "6 months here, 3 months there". 7 + 6 + 3 = 16.

- The license plate on the truck Sayid and Essam were in was ALK 125. A = 1 L = 12 K = 11. Then the 1 2 5. The total for the letters' side is 24. The total for the numbers' side (1 + 2 + 5) is 8. And 24 - 8 = 16.

- The license plate on the second truck that Sayid and Essam get into was MRL 724. M = 13 R = 18 L = 12. 1 + 3 + 1 + 8 + 1 + 2 = 16.

- Kate's license plate was 7 - C153M. 7 + 1 + 5 + 3 = 16.

- Tom's license plate was 394 - GC2. 3 + 9 + 4 = 16.

- # of years since Kate and Tom buried the time capsule until she took the flight.

- Kate's license plate was 7 - C153M. If you take just the letters. C & M. C = 3 M = 13. 3 + 13 = 16.

- Danielle says the black smoke appeared 5 kilometers inland. 1 kilometer = 3280 feet. 3280 x 5 = 16,400 feet.

- The Black Rock ship in the jungle has the city Portsmouth written on the back. Portsmouth New Hampshire was founded in 1623. 1623 is in the direct order from the number sequence 4 8 15 16 23 42.

- Sawyer was reading Hurley's letter to home and said he left his mom 160 million dollars.

- Hurley gives the guy on the scooter $1,600 dollars for it.

- Sun's sandwich in the airport is $3.49. 3 + 4 + 9 = 16. [Thank you Dingy Diva]

- They were 1,000 miles off course. 1,000 miles = 1,609.44 kilometers. [Thank you Knife Cut]

- Walt's birthday is August 24th. 24 - 8 = 16. [Thank you David]

- Hurley owned a sneaker company. The term sneaker was first used in 1916 by the US Rubber Company for the Keds brand, because rubber soles made the shoes quiet.

- # of pictures on the hospital wall in Special when Susan tells Michael that Brian wants to adopt Walt. [Thank you Amos]

- In Born To Run, Kate has a license plate from Colorado. Colorado has a total density of 16.01 km's squared.

- In Born To Run, Kate has a license plate from Ohio. Ohio has a total area of 116,096 km's squared.

- In Born To Run, Kate has a license plate from Nebraska. Nebraska is the 16th ranked state by area.

- # of volume bars on the television when Michael asks Walt to turn it down in Exodus Part 1.

- # of times Walt shouts "Dad!" before the raft explodes in Exodus Part 2.

- # of times Mark Silverman gets hit on the school grounds before Jack gets up to help in White Rabbit. [Thank you Orly]

- In Born To Run, the car that Kate crashes into has the license plate 614-GJ5. 6 + 1 + 4 + 5 = 16. [Thank you Amos]

- # of times Jack hits Charlie on the chest while performing CPR before Kate tells him to stop.

- # of times we hear Jin hit the axe on the raft.

- # that appears on the waist measure that the tuxedo guy has around his neck.

- The reward for turning Kate in is $23,000.

- The digits 23 appear as part of a pin number on one of the crates found inside the drug plane.

- The digits 23 appear on the license plate that hit Locke in Deus Ex Machina.

- When Michael gives Jin the watch back in House Of The Rising Sun, the minute hand is on 23.

- The letter that Sawyer wrote has a seal on the back titled America's Bicentennial Knoxville Tennessee 1976. 1976 when added = 23.

- The watch on Jack's wrist when signaturing the papers his Dad gave him in All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues has the minute hand on 23.

- The watch on Sun's father's wrist when signing a paper in ...In Translation has the minute hand on 23.

- Driveshaft is # 234 on the jukebox.

- A column appears on the papers about Locke's Mother. 555-0170. When added = 23.

- Locke's Dad said he wasn't supposed to be there until 12. Locke said "I thought you said 11" 11 + 12 = 23.

- The transceiver from the plane's model number is ABT-520. A = 1 B = 2 T = 20. 1 + 2 + 20 = 23.

- There is a poster of the wall at the pool hall in Confidence Man, the date is May 23rd.

- Kate's license plate was 7 - C153M. C = 3rd letter in the alphabet, M = 13th. 7 + 3 + 1 + 5 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 23.

- When Michael looks at the clock in the hotel room it displays 5:23 AM.

- Jack's seat number was 23B.

- The Black Rock ship in the jungle has the city Portsmouth written on the back. Portsmouth New Hampshire was founded in 1623. 1623 is in the direct order from the number sequence 4 8 15 16 23 42.

- The Black Rock ship in the jungle has the city Portsmouth written on the back. Portsmouth New Hampshire has a population of 23,100 people.

- Right after Claire's baby is taken Charlie covers his mouth in shock. The time on his watch when he does this is 7:23 PM.

- Hurley's hotel room was on floor 23.

- Hurley looks up at a sign in the airport that says gates 14 thru 23.

- Hurley's flight took off from gate 23.

- Michael and Walt were sitting in row 23 on the airplane.

- When they are at the caves Jack says 46 people need to drink about 1/2 a gallon of water everyday. 46 x .5 = 23 gallons of water everyday needed. [Thank you Adam]

- In The Moth when Charlie shows up at Liam's house he is wearing a ring with the letters DS. D = 4th letter of the alphabet. S = 19th. 4 + 19 = 23.

- In Deus Ex Machina when the camera focuses on the Mouse Trap game, at the moment the mouse is being caught you can see the numbers 23 on two different sides of the board. [Thank you David]

- # of weeks into the 16th year that the french signal has been repeating. The math is involved and intricate but amazing. Sayid said 1-7-2-9-4-5-3-3 was the number of interations. He said it was roughly 30 seconds long. The interation can repeat 2 times per minute, and there have been 17,294,533 of them. So divide the number of interations by 2 for minutes. = 8647266.5 Divide by 60 for hours. = 144121.1083 Divide by 24 for days. = 6005.0461805 Divide by 365 for years. = 16.4521813 etc. So 16 years. Now subtract the 16 years and you get: = .4521813 Multiply by 365 you get: = 165.046 days. Subtract four days for the four leap years that weren't covered when you divided by 365. (2004, 2000, 1996, 1992) you get: = 161 days. 161.046 days divided by 7. you get: = 23.00 weeks. [Thank you Knife Cut]

- In ...In Translation Michael mentions the Flatiron Building that is in New York to Walt. He says it inspired him. The Flatiron Building was built on 23rd Street, Fifth Avenue, and Broadway. Because it was built on 23rd Street it is also responsible for creating the phrase "23 skidoo". [Thank you Knife Cut]

- Locke says he worked in Tustin, California. Tustin, California is located at 33°44'23" North.

- Walt's mom, Susan, moved to Amsterdam to study international law. Amsterdam is located in the Netherlands. The Netherlands declared their independence from Spain on May 23, 1568.

- In Born To Run, we can see a license plate in Kate's trunk that is from Wisconsin. Wisconsin is the 23rd largest state by area.

- In Special, Susan tells Michael she is moving to Italy with Brian. Italy is ranked the 23rd most populated country.

- In Special, Susan tells Michael she is moving to Italy with Brian. Italy has a total area of 301,230 km's squared. - In Walkabout, when Claire is holding the memorial service she mentions someone and says they were sitting in seat 23C. - In Born To Run, Kate has a license plate from Ohio. Ohio has a total area of 116,096 km's squared. The total sum of all the numbers in 116,096 equals 23. [Thank you NinjaDude]

- # of spaces on a game of Connect 4.

- # of numbers on the papers from Danielle. There were 7 rows of 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42.

- # that appears on the waist measure that the tuxedo guy has around his neck.

- Claire was 6 weeks late when she found out she was pregnant 6 weeks = 42 days.

- The book number 742 appears behind the husband looking to adopt Claire's baby in Raised By Another.

- The nurse who talks to Michael in Special is wearing a watch, the minute hand is on 42.

- Jack's watch had the minute hand set on 42.

- Sayid's watch in the Pilot Part 2 has it's minute hand set on 42.

- There are two dice in the backgammon game. The highest number on a die is 6. 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 = 21. 21 x 2 = 42.

- The license plate on the farmer's car had the letters VHL. V = 22 H = 8 L = 12. 22 + 8 + 12 = 42.

- There are 5 balls shown on the pool table in Confidence Man. 2, 6, 8, 12 and 14. When added 2 + 6 + 8 + 12 + 14 = 42.

- Ana's seat number was 42F.

- The lady at the desk in the airport looks up in the information for Hurley's flight. On the computer screen it says the arrival time in Los Angeles will be 10:42.

- Hurley's license plate in Exodus was TX 327. 3 x 2 x 7 = 42. [Thank you Amol]

- Four, eight, fifteen, sixteen, twenty-three, forty-two. If you count the letters in each spelled out number, it's 4 + 5 + 7 + 7 + 11 + 8 = 42. [Thank you Lyle]

- In Solitary, Danielle tells Sayid her and the science team were 3 days out from Tahiti. In 1842 the kingdom of Tahiti was declared a French protectorate.

- Rose mentions she is from the Bronx, New York. According to the United States Census Bureau, the Bronx has 42.0 square miles of land.

- In Born To Run we can see a license plate in Kate's trunk that is from Wisconsin. Wisconsin is located at 42°30'N.

- In Born To Run, Kate has a license plate from Nebraska. Nebraska is the 42nd ranked state by density.

- Sawyer is seen reading the book Watership Down. In 2003, Watership Down was voted the 42nd greatest book of all time. [Thank you Orly]

- # of seating rows on the plane. [Thank you Orly]

- In Born To Run when the camera focuses on Joanna's passport we see 42. [Thank you Amos]

- # of the safety deposit box that Kate wanted to get into.

- # of the issue for Entertainment Weekly that LOST is on the cover of.

- Oceanic flight # 815.

- The copier's Charlie was trying to sell were model # C-815.

- When Claire had her dream about the baby being taken, the flight number of the plane hanging from the mobile was 815.

- The airdate for Numbers was 3/2. When added = 5. 5, and episode 18. 815.

- Hurley's lottery ticket contained the sequence 815.

- The hatch has 815 in it's sequence of numbers.

- 8 & 15 were the aisle numbers for the regulation & Nerf footballs.

- 564815 appears on the papers about Locke's Mom.

- Jack's watch when flipped and mirrored has the time 8:15.

- The boots that Kate takes from the dead person in the Pilot Part 1 has 815 on them. [Thank you Jo Jaalla]

- Sayid is walking by a building in The Greater Good. The building has the numbers 815 on the door.

- Kate and Tom buried the time capsule on August 15 1989. (8/15).

- When the cop in the police station lays down Sawyer's plane ticket, we can see on Sawyer's file it says ID No. 248-15 with some more numbers after the 815.

- Charlie has a tattoo on his shoulder with the lyrics "living is easy with eyes closed". This is from The Beatles song Strawberry Fields Forever. The song Strawberry Fields Forever was released on The Beatles' 15th US CD and was track number 8. 8/15. [Thank you Elise]

- There were Virgin Mary statues inside the drug plane found by Locke and Boone. Virgin Mary's Feast Of Assumption is celebrated on August 15th. 8/15. [Thank you Anne]

- Walt's mom, Susan, moved to Amsterdam to study international law. Amsterdam is located in the Netherlands. The Kingdom of the Netherlands was formed in 1815, consisting of the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.

- Sun and Jin are Korean. South Korea's independence day is August 15th (8/15), 1945.

- In Born To Run, after Tom is shot the camera focuses in on the toy plane. Near the toy plane we can see a baseball with the numbers 815 written on it.

- Sun and Jin are Korean. The Republic of Korea was established on August 15th (815), 1948."
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #17
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

0 - The number of times I will be watching this show in the future...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #18
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Well, if you say the show would be over by them escaping then so be it. It would be more of a reality. If I were stranded on an island, I would be making every attempt possible to get off the island.

The show needs to be more realistic... Thats all I ask...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #19
huchung
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

man, i just hope LOST doesnt drag out like prison break. Last week on prison break, they did some character development.... something they should've done in SEASON 1!!!!! UGH~ I use it as a buffer show (to make sure i dont miss the first minute of 24) hahahaha

bavarian19, have you tried to watch a whole season of 24 in one day? after i wrecked my z, I watched a couple seasons of 24 straight...its soooo much more intense than watching one show per week. Try it sometime. Oh yea, they film a lot of those scenes around my area...was there for the sunny hill mall (Northridge mall) filming and saw Curtis =D
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 12:53 AM   #20
Squawks
United_States
Rep

24 is insanity! Hey, huchung - funny you mentioned the 'character development' in Prison Break because I totally agree! Should've done that since day 1. They did too much development on the main guy, but not much on the others.

I watch Desperate Housewives as well since my g/f forces me by gunpoint. But, I gotta admit, that show - hands down - has the best writers working behind it...the plots are always cleverly written.
      04-07-2006, 05:39 AM   #21
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huchung
man, i just hope LOST doesnt drag out like prison break. Last week on prison break, they did some character development.... something they should've done in SEASON 1!!!!! UGH~ I use it as a buffer show (to make sure i dont miss the first minute of 24) hahahaha

bavarian19, have you tried to watch a whole season of 24 in one day? after i wrecked my z, I watched a couple seasons of 24 straight...its soooo much more intense than watching one show per week. Try it sometime. Oh yea, they film a lot of those scenes around my area...was there for the sunny hill mall (Northridge mall) filming and saw Curtis =D
Thats actually how I got into the show. I was recovering from a surgery, and I watched the first two seasons on DVD in 3 days

I will admit it. I am addicted to 24.
Appreciate 0