E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Corvette Z06 vs 911 GT3 RS vs Viper ACR - Motor Trend "Head 2 Head" Video

01-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #67
eric_spt
Rep
Drives: 2014 S4, 2015 SQ5, 2014 C7

I did not watch the video(YT routing problem with Comcast) BUT, it looks like a Z06, not a Z07.

If they wanted to compare, why not compare the Z07?

Besides the brakes biggest difference is aero. The ACR and GT3 are Dodge's and Porsche's track cars, why not compare the Z07 which is the track package?

Carbon brakes, complete aero, different spring setup, etc. Plus Cup tires instead of PSS's that a stock Z06 will have.

Cup tires will be worth a second or two a lap by themselves.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #68
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfEightyM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Ya 6 seconds on the ring isn't a big deal.

Almost 5 seconds on a 1:30 track is.

History and prestige? So you want a Porsche because it's a Porsche. That's cool.
It was 3 seconds, and still a metric that I would put very little stock in.

As for the last bit, if that's you want to sum it up, sure.
3 seconds in that video but the ACR has posted a better lap than that. 1:28:xx
You're making apples vs oranges comparisons of times. A time where a factory team goes out is not the same as a head to head compare lap.
I'm sure porsche could go stick an even stickier tire on, send a bunch of engineers and laptops and run an even faster time for the 918 and RS...except that they have no interest.

Funny is no one has mentioned the fact that the RS crushed the previous record of the viper TA which is a car that has 140 more hp and only weighs slightly more. As far as that goes, shows just how fast the RS truly is. Not to mention the fact that the z06 can barely beat it with 150 hp and 300 tq more.
Umm Porsche did send a factory team out with the 918 when they did a head to head with the P1. Both McLaren and Porsche had factory support.

All done with the same driver.

How are you still talking about the RS times. It beat the viper by like .3 seconds and it got crushed by 3 seconds by the ACR... Fkn give it up man.

Kunir toxir ara

How many new usernames are you planning on making?
      01-10-2016, 02:53 PM   #69
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_spt
I did not watch the video(YT routing problem with Comcast) BUT, it looks like a Z06, not a Z07.

If they wanted to compare, why not compare the Z07?

Besides the brakes biggest difference is aero. The ACR and GT3 are Dodge's and Porsche's track cars, why not compare the Z07 which is the track package?

Carbon brakes, complete aero, different spring setup, etc. Plus Cup tires instead of PSS's that a stock Z06 will have.

Cup tires will be worth a second or two a lap by themselves.
If you do eventually watch it, they are using the Z06 with Z07 package.
      01-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #70
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

History and prestige? So you want a Porsche because it's a Porsche. That's cool.

You're making apples vs oranges comparisons of times. A time where a factory team goes out is not the same as a head to head compare lap.
I'm sure porsche could go stick an even stickier tire on, send a bunch of engineers and laptops and run an even faster time for the 918 and RS...except that they have no interest.

Funny is no one has mentioned the fact that the RS crushed the previous record of the viper TA which is a car that has 140 more hp and only weighs slightly more. As far as that goes, shows just how fast the RS truly is. Not to mention the fact that the z06 can barely beat it with 150 hp and 300 tq more.
Umm Porsche did send a factory team out with the 918 when they did a head to head with the P1. Both McLaren and Porsche had factory support.

How are you still talking about the RS times. It beat the viper by like .3 seconds and it got crushed by 3 seconds by the ACR... Fkn give it up man.

Kunir toxir ara

I don't think in the head to head with the P1 Porsche sent anyone. They just sent a car. You should recheck those facts.
The viper TA should be seconds faster than the RS given its making 140 hp more and has a far better power to weight ratio, but it loses.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #71
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfEightyM3 View Post
I don't think in the head to head with the P1 Porsche sent anyone. They just sent a car. You should recheck those facts.
The viper TA should be seconds faster than the RS given its making 140 hp more and has a far better power to weight ratio, but it loses.
hey efmyselfm3

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) Randy Pobst 1:33.29 500 / 1420
SRT Viper TA Randy Pobst 1:33.62 649 / 1520

0.3 seconds, and the Porsche is 100kg LIGHTER with a DCT, more than 2x the money. LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:22 PM   #72
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4
Quote:
hey efmyselfm3

0.3 seconds, and the Porsche is 100kg LIGHTER with a DCT, more than 2x the money. LOL
Don't forget the massive rear wing. Leave the RS the same only removing the wing, it won't be near the TA time.
      01-10-2016, 09:22 PM   #73
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4
Quote:
hey efmyselfm3

Funny you ignore that the TA also has nearly 30% more power too.
Price is dependent on supply and demand. Nothing to argue there.
PDK adds some advantage but not more than 140 more hp worth.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #74
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kunir toxir ara

Send over the facts let me check them.

Even if they didn't .. Porsches flagship hypercar is slower than a 120k 640hp car..
      01-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #75
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4
Quote:
hey efmyselfm3

Don't forget the massive rear wing. Leave the RS the same only removing the wing, it won't be near the TA time.
Except that the viper TA produces more downforce than the GT3 RS does. TA has 460 lbs at 150 mph and the GT3 RS 374 lbs at 186 mph.
So not valid to say remove the wing.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #76
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4
Quote:
hey efmyselfm3

Except that the viper TA produces more downforce than the GT3 RS does. TA has 460 lbs at 150 mph and the GT3 RS 374 lbs at 186 mph.
Still valid .. The wing helps the RS a lot. Remove it and it's losing a couple seconds.
      01-10-2016, 09:30 PM   #77
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4
Quote:
hey efmyselfm3

Still valid .. The wing helps the RS a lot. Remove it and it's losing a couple seconds.
LOL. The car was designed with a wing who cares. Might as well argue we should remove the wing from the ACR and it won't go very fast.
You argue some of the most pedantic things.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #78
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kunir toxir ara

Send over the facts let me check them.

Even if they didn't .. Porsches flagship hypercar is slower than a 120k 640hp car..
Read the article. It says Porsche simply supplied a car whereas mclaren send a team.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:35 PM   #79
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4
Quote:
hey efmyselfm3

LOL. The car was designed with a wing who cares. Might as well argue we should remove the wing from the ACR and it won't go very fast.
Loll .. So why do you always argue "if Porsche had this much power...." lol it wasn't designed that way.. It's designed with 500hp.. Lost by almost 5 seconds.. Get the fk over it. Stop making excuses.

I made the wing argument to show you how dumb you're arguments are about always wanting everything equal. They aren't designed to be equals. Each cars is designed a specific way, and Porsche just falls short in front of the ACR.. No matter how many excuses you make.. It doesn't change the facts.
      01-10-2016, 09:37 PM   #80
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4
Quote:
hey efmyselfm3

Loll .. So why do you always argue "if Porsche had this much power...." lol it wasn't designed that way.. It's designed with 500hp.. Lost by almost 5 seconds.. Get the fk over it. Stop making excuses.

I made the wing argument to show you how dumb you're arguments are about always wanting everything equal. They aren't designed to be equals. Each cars is designed a specific way, and Porsche just falls short in front of the ACR.. No matter how many excuses you make.. It doesn't change the facts.
Where are you getting 5 seconds. Do you understand the concept of similar comparisons?? Maybe we should compare how fast the viper is to a GT3 cup car. Not counting the factory effort the ACR is 3 seconds faster.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:40 PM   #81
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4
Quote:
hey efmyselfm3

Where are you getting 5 seconds. Do you understand the concept of similar comparisons?? Maybe we should compare how fast the viper is to a GT3 cup car. Not counting the factory effort the ACR is 3 seconds faster.
Except that both are street cars and the viper isn't a race car.

The ACR already has a official time so I'm using that one. When the RS gets a faster time, I'll compare that .. As of now it doesn't.

3 seconds on a 1:30 lap time lol

That's a bigger gap than Mercedes/McLaren F1 teams..

You say 3 seconds like its nothing but you brag about .3 seconds.
      01-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #82
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Even when the other car is half the price?
Absolutely. The car at the half the price comes with a lot of issues not related to fast lap times, see the video at 17:20. The 95% of the time I am not on the track (and if at the track 60% of the time just build a track car and be done with it) and having a car enjoyable to drive is enough for me. If the only thing that mattered was lap times we would open up a magazine review and look at the track time and be done.

Reality is this endless track time debate only happens on the internet, with people that don't have any of these cars or while they are at car get to togethers or in their living room. The track days I have been to had very fast cars (I was in a not fast GTI) medium cars and some really slow cars. I never saw any of the guys in fast cars bragging about lap times (no official timing in most classes) but were more than happy to discuss their cars if you asked. Similar to wearing a really expensive watch (which I am not into), if interested you ask the person about it or notice it but rarely does the owner just bring it up on his own. "Hey look at my really expensive watch".

On the same lines, there are videos posted here with a Civic R (I think Euro version) being as fast around a track as a M3 or M4. Doesn't change my opinion that I would still rather have the BMW at close to double the price.

Last edited by David70; 01-11-2016 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 08:58 AM   #83
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Is the GT3 Cup even road-worthy/compliant? At least we can compare the interior of the two:

GT3 Cup:

Your posts get more and more bizarre by the day...

Last edited by RM7; 01-11-2016 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #84
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes
Quote:
Is the GT3 Cup even road-worthy/compliant? At least we can compare the interior of the two:

GT3 Cup:

Your posts get more and more bizarre by the day...
That was the point.

ACR is about as close as you can get to a street car and makes massive compromises to driving on the street. The RS could be daily driven. Either way, dodge set out to make a one trick pony which it is very good. The RS is still a street car first.
Porsche will be able to easily beat the viper ACR when the GT2 RS comes out and has comparable power to weight.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #85
Topspeed
fast enough
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Cayman, GTR, M235, Boxster S,

Quote:
That was the point.

ACR is about as close as you can get to a street car and makes massive compromises to driving on the street. The RS could be daily driven. Either way, dodge set out to make a one trick pony which it is very good. The RS is still a street car first.
Porsche will be able to easily beat the viper ACR when the GT2 RS comes out and has comparable power to weight.
What is this GT2 RS that you keep mentioning. You have to compare the ACR to Porsches that arent even built yet. Even if Porsche builds this car im sure it will be at least 3 times the price of the ACR.

Get over it, Dodge builds just about the best track car in the world, and no regular production Porsche comes close to beating it.
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #86
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

I would be very careful comparing the 991 GT3 CUP to the ACR. I have a feeling the ACR would be faster, potentially by not an insignificant margin. The 997 CUP was slower than the c7 Z06, not by much though. In general the CUP is only marginally faster than the RS. The CUP R or RSR are completely different animals.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #87
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Do the think ACR will beat this?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcco...econd-barrier/
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #88
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
I would be very careful comparing the 991 GT3 CUP to the ACR. I have a feeling the ACR would be faster, potentially by not an insignificant margin. The 997 CUP was slower than the c7 Z06, not by much though. In general the CUP is only marginally faster than the RS. The CUP R or RSR are completely different animals.
Agree. The difference is the Cup can run the similar lap times for a couple of hours not just hero laps.
Appreciate 1