E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > turning 30 and looking back

04-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

turning 30 and looking back

Last year was probably the worst year of my life, everything went the opposite way than I had hoped. Financially, pretty much all my investments took huge hits, well, except in properties. Physically, I was hit but a heart attack at the age of 29 which was ultra rare. Being non-smoking, non-drinking, non-drugging my whole life, my doctor was also wondering how it happened and yet the answer remains unknown.

The process to recover hasn't been easy, the harshness of my daily medication caused the health of my stomach. 2 most passionate things in my life has always been food and cars. As my health goes down, there are many food I love but had to avoid now. This fact makes me depressed for sure.

Ever since late January this year, I am experiencing some mystery illness. At first, they thought it was related to my heart, due to my history, because the symptoms are somehow similar but different. I felt lightheaded sometimes and my body happens to feel very weak in a sudden. My doctor had sent me to the lab and had many exams which still can't find out the cause of my illness.

A few days ago, at night, my left arm went numb and I was alerted. At a point, I was going to dial 911 for another ER visit but the numbness went away in a couple hours. Next morning, I went to my doctor as their office opened the door; they had me sent to the lab and done blood test, ECG, X-Ray(chest/neck/arm), at the end of the day the result came back and nothing was wrong according to the exams they put me through. I am frustrated as the numbness of my left arm and the weakness feeling keeps come and go. Well, I have to go back to my clinic for a followup visit and see what kind of test they are going to put me through this time. (my blood pressure has been carefully monitored since the heart attack incident and has always be kept at 130/80 range)

This afternoon, while the weather turns incredibly nice, I went for a walk and saw many people who are much older than me out there enjoying their beautiful rides in a sunny afternoon. I just wish that my health will allow me to enjoy that for the years to come. Also, I like to wish the best of everything for my family, my friends, and of course, everyone of you.

Cheers and stay healthy,
      04-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

ohh man, sorry to hear that. i really hope you get well soon!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

hey man, I wish you all the best It will get better!

You treated your body well, it should do the same to you. Maybe the heart-attack was a one-off thing? I'm no doctor, just trying to help you feel better
      04-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
Last year was probably the worst year of my life, everything went the opposite way than I had hoped. Financially, pretty much all my investments took huge hits, well, except in properties. Physically, I was hit but a heart attack at the age of 29 which was ultra rare. Being non-smoking, non-drinking, non-drugging my whole life, my doctor was also wondering how it happened and yet the answer remains unknown.

The process to recover hasn't been easy, the harshness of my daily medication caused the health of my stomach. 2 most passionate things in my life has always been food and cars. As my health goes down, there are many food I love but had to avoid now. This fact makes me depressed for sure.

Ever since late January this year, I am experiencing some mystery illness. At first, they thought it was related to my heart, due to my history, because the symptoms are somehow similar but different. I felt lightheaded sometimes and my body happens to feel very weak in a sudden. My doctor had sent me to the lab and had many exams which still can't find out the cause of my illness.

A few days ago, at night, my left arm went numb and I was alerted. At a point, I was going to dial 911 for another ER visit but the numbness went away in a couple hours. Next morning, I went to my doctor as their office opened the door; they had me sent to the lab and done blood test, ECG, X-Ray(chest/neck/arm), at the end of the day the result came back and nothing was wrong according to the exams they put me through. I am frustrated as the numbness of my left arm and the weakness feeling keeps come and go. Well, I have to go back to my clinic for a followup visit and see what kind of test they are going to put me through this time. (my blood pressure has been carefully monitored since the heart attack incident and has always be kept at 130/80 range)

This afternoon, while the weather turns incredibly nice, I went for a walk and saw many people who are much older than me out there enjoying their beautiful rides in a sunny afternoon. I just wish that my health will allow me to enjoy that for the years to come. Also, I like to wish the best of everything for my family, my friends, and of course, everyone of you.

Cheers and stay healthy,
I would really recommend a second opinion. If you have never had any markers for heart issues and have never had anything outside of healthy test results, it would seem to me that something may have been wrong with the initial diagnosis of the heart attack, it is possible that it presented as a "heart attack". Im not a doctor and dont know anything more than what you have told me but i know enough to know that something is amiss. Its very likely that there is a mental aspect to the current random issues you may be having. Again get a second opinion, this may just be a case of a self fulfilling prophecy at this point. The mind is a very powerful thing. Best of luck to you, and i wish you only the best.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

this is unfortunate to hear. things that come to mind might be a metabolic cause or hormonal issue. beyond this I'm guessing they have obtained a CT and MRI of your head to look for any abnormalities. Have you seen a neurologist? This appears neurogenic. I am an orthopedic surgeon so my insight is limited.

2011.75 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|FR|EVOLVE 600 SUPERCHARGER|DINAN|BBS|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #6
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

best of luck.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #7
XDEEDUBBX
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 535I

Hope the best for you bro! Enjoy life!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
JohnTeigh
Registered
Rep
Drives: black

I hope you stay strong and keep well. A close friend of mine was an Olympic Ice skater he was very fit and one day we were playing a football match and he collapsed because of a heart attack and died on the field. It seemed he had an underlying heart condition that he didn't know anything about, it really can happen to anyone.
      04-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
ede92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Cab 7MT

Thoughts and prayers go out to you man. We are hoping for the best possible outcome.
      04-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #10
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep

I like to thank you all for the blessing, kind words, suggestions. I am and will always stay positive and be cooperated with the doctors. Hopefully, they can find the cause and at least I will know what I am dealing with.
      04-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Good luck OP. you should research online a little some of your symptoms and maybe find others (blogs?) who go through similar things. Then maybe you can get some references for other doctors who have dealt with these symptoms/issues and get a better second opinion.

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

That sucks to hear man. Hope everything turns out ok for you. Optimism!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
J!M
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

That sounds like a rough year. Best of luck going forward.

I have a daughter with a rare disorder. One thing it has taught me is to visit many doctors until you find the right one. There are a lot of doctors that will project that they are experts, when they may have no clue about your particular situation. When you find the right one, it can by eye opening how big the difference is.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #14
Maconer98
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i AW/CORAL RED MT

I hope this year you can find out what is causing these problems. Stay positive and upbeat.
Cold Weather Pkg / Sport Pkg / Active Steering / Comfort Access / Prem Hi-Fi / Bluetooth / Rear PDC / BMW Perf 313s wrapped with Michelin PSSs / Dunlop Winter Sport 3D (winter) on 17'' Motegis / Blacked Out 135i badge / BMW Performance Grills / BMW Performance Power Kit Stage 1 / BMW Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

I hope you get better and never lose faith. Be as healthy, and make all the right choices while you can. I also hope that they can diagnose whats going on with your body, because i know how frustrating it is getting so many tests done and coming up with nothing. GL brother!!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep

Big thanks to everyone again. I went to see doctor again this afternoon and this time they recommend me to see a neurologist since they can't relate my problem/illness to any heart/blood pressure issue. Also a MRI was mentioned but they want to me see my cardiologist this upcoming Friday. Will keep update later.
      06-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #17
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

most of our health problems result from daily stress
next time, if you ever get another numb left arm, don't wait, act immediately. 1 minute could decide your life.
take a vacation go to europe or something
I think you're just overwhelmed with work and the usual dilemma
      06-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #18
TwinTuning
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335I

/\ He is right, stress cause my friend to have a stroke. Take care.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Buddy, stay strong. Don't give up! He that made you, can heal you; and I'm talking about GOD.
You, having a heart-attack at 29 can only be translated as a familial thing.
My cousin's husband had a mild heart-attack at 45; it runs in the family. He had to change his diet to only vegetarian, with some fish, and lots of walking. He is living a good health now.

IN regards to the numbness, and the lightheadedness, does it come with other symptoms: such as chest pain (feels like crushing, or even like someone took a belt and tighten it up around your chest), pain that radiates up to the jaw, and the back. Those two symptoms has to be related to the output of the heart. Something is going on with your heart.

Do this, once that happens, check your pulse. If you have a blood pressure reading machine, check it. Write those numbers down. Pulse should be between 60 to 80, and blood pressure 125ish/75ish (ideally). Get one of those Pulse oximeter reading machine and check your o2 sat. If you see any abnormal numbers, notify the MD. Furthermore, It could be one of the medications is causing the blood pressure to drop substantially. Some of the medications act on the heart; thus causing the heart to slow down. If you noticed a drop in blood pressure, something like 96/56, drink some gatorade, and elevate your feet. This may equate to the fact that the medications are too strong and need to be readjusted, and the timing of them too.

Let us know. All the blessings to you buddy. Keep the faith
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #20
fidelcashflow
Rep
Drives: M3

dont worry man, its all uphill from here. things'll get better
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #21
unknownjay
Rep
Drives: 328xi