E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Anyone heard of German Teile suspension component manufacturer?

10-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Anyone heard of German Teile suspension component manufacturer?

I'm looking for shocks and struts to replace.

Called a place called Precision Auto and they carry these struts made by German Teile. It translates to German Parts.

Guy is telling me that German Teile is a company that supplies Sachs with shocks and struts that get rebranded to Sachs.

Anybody every heard of this?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Sachs suck so stay away.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Sachs suck so stay away.
Could you elaborate?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #4
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Could you elaborate?
Of course, poor performance and short live span.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #5
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:

Called a place called Precision Auto and they carry these struts made by German Teile. It translates to German Parts.

Guy is telling me that German Teile is a company that supplies Sachs with shocks and struts that get rebranded to Sachs.

Bilstein or Koni.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 2
feuer4275.50
whyzee1251678.50
      06-19-2023, 09:28 AM   #6
cad1857
Registered
Rep
Drives: i330

German Teile Suspension

Quote:

Hello Wolf 335
Your post is #1 (and the only one) when searching Google for German Teile air suspension. I am in exact same circumstances as described in your post. 100% same! I was wondering if you decided to buy the German Teile suspension back then. If so, what was your experience with it.

Thanks much!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 12:52 PM   #7
bmw_solid
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 PreLCI 330d SE Coupe B.Red

Quote:
Of course, poor performance and short live span.
I object. Are yo trying to imply that the E90 had poor performance from factory? Because it was the SACHS shocks that they came with...

The 3er has always had excellent reviews when brand new.

Of course short live span is common but my E90 LCI 320d M Sport is on 116k miles and no leaks from front or back shocks. Performance is borderline but can't complain at that mileage.

The problem is, with BMWs people do too many things, eibach pros, Konis, Coilovers... solid subframe bushes...

The OEM feel is just perfect for normal driving, Yeah track days are a different thing.

I just replaced my rear springs with OEM SACHS D3, YES BMW STICKER ON THE BOX LIKE OEM, and I can already see the difference. Will be onto the rear B4 Sports (YES FOR M-SPORT) shocks next + Monroe mounts as I'm on non run flats.

Then Front is next, OE Lemfdr or OEM TRW arms, SACHS springs D4 OEM with B4 Sports shocks again, and that's basically how BMW wanted their car to drive! Will use BMW bump stops and Lemforder upper mounts.

to the OP...No, sorry, not heard of them. But SACHS are not that expensive, so why not go for SACHS instead?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 09:44 PM   #8
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_solid View Post
I object. Are yo trying to imply that the E90 had poor performance from factory? Because it was the SACHS shocks that they came with...

The 3er has always had excellent reviews when brand new.

Of course short live span is common but my E90 LCI 320d M Sport is on 116k miles and no leaks from front or back shocks. Performance is borderline but can't complain at that mileage.

The problem is, with BMWs people do too many things, eibach pros, Konis, Coilovers... solid subframe bushes...

The OEM feel is just perfect for normal driving, Yeah track days are a different thing.

I just replaced my rear springs with OEM SACHS D3, YES BMW STICKER ON THE BOX LIKE OEM, and I can already see the difference. Will be onto the rear B4 Sports (YES FOR M-SPORT) shocks next + Monroe mounts as I'm on non run flats.

Then Front is next, OE Lemfdr or OEM TRW arms, SACHS springs D4 OEM with B4 Sports shocks again, and that's basically how BMW wanted their car to drive! Will use BMW bump stops and Lemforder upper mounts.

to the OP...No, sorry, not heard of them. But SACHS are not that expensive, so why not go for SACHS instead?
So how is 116k miles determining factor for life span? You could have covered double that and if it is on good roads, moderate loads and decent weather then Sachs would have been ok. However if they need to actually perform they would not last. I have had few e90 throughout the last 15 years with various suspensions and know first hand which brand last long or doesn’t. Also, company test these, on a shock dyno, and competitive brands do better than Sachs.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 11:04 AM   #9
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad1857 View Post
Hello Wolf 335
Your post is #1 (and the only one) when searching Google for German Teile air suspension. I am in exact same circumstances as described in your post. 100% same! I was wondering if you decided to buy the German Teile suspension back then. If so, what was your experience with it.

Thanks much!
I ended up going with Sachs struts in March of 2017.

They lasted 6 years with driver side developing quite a bit of a leak in the past month (Aug 2023).
I just replaced them again with Sachs from FCP as my previous order was from them as well.

Car is a daily driver, with a mix of highway and road usage.
I was also sitting on lowering Supreme Power spring perches, which gave me about half an inch drop in the front.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 10:25 PM   #10
jackjohnsonpo
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Sachs suck so stay away.
The plant is Teknia's first in Germany, adding a factory in a market where it has operated since 2007 from offices in Stuttgart.
Appreciate 0