E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Show off your woman's rock!

05-30-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Show off your woman's rock!

I recently got my woman's rock reset onto a Tiffany classic setting - she's going to be drooling all over the new setting! At the same time, my wallet is hurting pretty damn bad (along with my future E92).

Diamond specs:

Basic Info: 1.554 J/SI1 (AGSL report from 01/2006) with HCA of 1.2 (EX, EX, EX, VG)
Crown angle/%: 34.4/14.9%
Pavillion angle/%: 40.8/43.1%
Table %: 56.5%
Depth %: 61.1%
Girdle: thin to slightly thick, faceted, 1.2 - 4.0%
Culet: pointed
Dimensions: 7.43 x 7.51 x 4.56 mm
Fluorescence: None...unfortunately

I was also wondering - you married ladies (to the guys - your wives) still sport their engagement ring/rock? With a rock this pretty I don't see how my woman can put it down in place of a simple, dull wedding band!!!
      05-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Eh someday. But I'll be happy if it's even a real diamond. That is a beautiful ring, I'm sure she loves it.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Havent found the right finger to put it on yet... but here it will be...

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19

Man, Bavarian - just look at the size of that rock! You can land any woman with that! Plus it's edible!
      05-30-2006, 04:10 PM   #5
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Nice. My woman is wearing a 1.6 carat solitaire with diamond baquets. Size is important, but quality is clear. Her's is VVS1. Don't ask how much.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
javajaws
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i AW/Saddle/msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19

At last...the first wedding ring that won't outlast the marriage its intended for!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
Nice. My woman is wearing a 1.6 carat solitaire with diamond baquets. Size is important, but quality is clear. Her's is VVS1. Don't ask how much.
VVS1? Nice! Too pricey for me, though - plus, ladies today can't even tell an SI1 clarity from IF unless they're diamond aficionados or wield loupes with them in their purses. Mine's eye-clean, fortunately, as you can see from the pic.
      05-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #8
javajaws
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i AW/Saddle/msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
I was also wondering - you married ladies (to the guys - your wives) still sport their engagement ring/rock? With a rock this pretty I don't see how my woman can put it down in place of a simple, dull wedding band!!!
Don't worry...in a few years neither will fit her fingers anymore! j/k!

But seriously, the large rock will go nicely with her larger fingers after a few years of marriage...and the nice and thick band will be easily resized a few times before having to be replaced. not kidding!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by javajaws
But seriously, the large rock will go nicely with her larger fingers after a few years of marriage...and the nice and thick band will be easily resized a few times before having to be replaced. not kidding!
Just like how my TV grows bigger every couple years, I have a feeling the same will be happening to her diamond!
      05-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #10
tl_boy
Major
Rep

As luck would have it...

My wife is a jewellery designer. I'm not kidding. . $$$ . Anyways, I actually took her with me to verify any spots on table, pavillion, etc. or whatever all that stuff is, she took out a lens, and chose the solitaire. I wanted it perfect, and its near perfect. Its a G color though, I wanted a D, but heard thats like very rare.

Then I 'designed' the ring, basically i told them what kind of setting (basket. Doesn't look as good as fountain, but the rock was kind of pricey, i didn't want it falling out at all), what kind and location of baguets, etc.

She designed my ring too, totally from scratch, like drew it on paper, rendered it in 3D, and then had them make it for me. I have a 1.5 carat solitaire myself (i know its girly, but my wife designed it so i'm wearing it).

I can posts pics later tonight.

We hope she can start selling jewellery in the next year or so, first a website and get togethers at friends houses, then, if all goes well a boutique. I'm gonna be coming here and bugging all of you (or your significant others) to buy, so start saving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
VVS1? Nice! Too pricey for me, though - plus, ladies today can't even tell an SI1 clarity from IF unless they're diamond aficionados or wield loupes with them in their purses. Mine's eye-clean, fortunately, as you can see from the pic.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #11
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
thats purty. ive always like the tiffany rings. elegant. the cartier rings are snazzy too...
      05-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
Foo's Girl
E90 Baking in the oven...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Yes, I wear mine everyday! My wedding band is a band of diamonds that match the ones on the side of my engagement ring. On the inside of both of our bands, is " I love thee D+K"

05-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #13
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

hey that ring looks familiar
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 06:08 PM   #14
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
When I was shopping for a ring, I learned a nice trick from an appraiser. Take a white business card with you while looking for a stone. Put that next to the stone and it will cancel out the effects of the store lighting and give you a better impression of the stone's actual color.

If you plan on using a platinum or white gold setting, you should shoot for a stone in the range of D-F. Anything lower and you will begin to see the yellow tone of the stone. If its a gold setting it doesn't matter nearly as much.

In the end, I went for a smaller, but higher quality stone (GIA certified) 1ct, D color, VS2. I was a med student at the time, so my funds were VERY limited. Eventually I will upgrade it. Thank goodness she has very small hands (people always think its larger than it really is).
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 06:08 PM   #15
bmwhomosapien
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: COOL

has anyone ever been to nasr jewelers...they have a couple stores in dallas area..the best ive ever been to..they treat me like a king...like im a multi billionair or something...i would never trust anyone else but that store..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #16
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhomosapien
has anyone ever been to nasr jewelers...they have a couple stores in dallas area..the best ive ever been to..they treat me like a king...like im a multi billionair or something...i would never trust anyone else but that store..
how long have you worked there?

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #17
tl_boy
Major
Rep

1st ten callers get a free coozie! That post wasn't even on the down low, that was about as obvious as michael jackson's white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer
how long have you worked there?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #18
tl_boy
Major
Rep

ours is also gia certified. I agree with the quality aspect. But its the 3 c's: color, cut, and clarity. She has a G color, but its still white. It was hard finding 1.6 carats in D that cost less than a car. I wanted supreme clarity though, and got it. She couldn't find a spot anywhere. But i prefer the smaller ones too, i dont' know how i see these old lady's walking around with 4 carats. i bet if they were scrutinized, they'd probably have imperfections like crazy.

And those little "ice boy" hip hopsters: i wonder if they are even real, and if they are, i bet the quality sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD
When I was shopping for a ring, I learned a nice trick from an appraiser. Take a white business card with you while looking for a stone. Put that next to the stone and it will cancel out the effects of the store lighting and give you a better impression of the stone's actual color.

If you plan on using a platinum or white gold setting, you should shoot for a stone in the range of D-F. Anything lower and you will begin to see the yellow tone of the stone. If its a gold setting it doesn't matter nearly as much.

In the end, I went for a smaller, but higher quality stone (GIA certified) 1ct, D color, VS2. I was a med student at the time, so my funds were VERY limited. Eventually I will upgrade it. Thank goodness she has very small hands (people always think its larger than it really is).
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #19
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Hey, Cnote - G-J considered near-colorless but they still fare pretty well in being colorless especially if they're ideally cut and set in platinum. In my first post you can barely tell the hint of yellow and that's only if you had the ring in an all-white setting...which probably never happens much in real life; or if you compared to another diamond of higher color grade.

If you look at the pic looking down into the table of the diamond, you can't even tell that it's a J-color!
      05-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #20
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M

Here's my wife's ring. The stone is just under 2ct., and the mounting has another 1.3. She got me a Hearts On Fire with .60 ct. weight in diamonds.

I also got her the ladies Datejust on the right as a wedding gift.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #21
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

My moms is 5...no joke its big
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #22
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
wow. all of them rings shown in this thread are beautiful. Great husbands you guys are.

As for bavarian19 ring though, is that like 50 carat? How did you get orange coat over it?
Now you got me an idea. When I propose to a girl, Im going to get one of those and show 'em. I wonder what her reaction will be like.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0