E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Blancpain Sprint Series @ Slovakiaring

08-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Blancpain Sprint Series @ Slovakiaring

BROADCAST: http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/live

SEASON STANDINGS
http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/standings

ENTRY LIST
http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/e...r_meeting_id=8

Slovakia Ring ends summer break for Blancpain Sprint SeriesNext weekend the drivers and teams of the 2014 Blancpain Sprint Series will come into action at the Slovakia Ring. Located 40km east of Bratislava, the Slovak Republic’s capital city, this modern and demanding racetrack was inaugurated in 2009 and has always produced exciting races.

TIMETABLE

THE TRACK
•Length of race track: 5 922 m
•Width of race track: 12 m.
•Length of race homestraight: 900 m
•Width of race homestraight: 20 m
•Length of acceleration testing track: 1 144 m
•Width of acceleration testing track: 20 m

Last edited by 954Stealth; 08-18-2014 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Alex Zanardi will be racing in this weekend's BSS Slovakiaring race.
Zanardi drives for BMW team ROAL Motorsport

That said, read this interesting article on the BMW brand ambassador and his triathalon efforts. Press release dated 08/18/204

BMW works driver Alessandro Zanardi takes up the triathlon challenge in Hawaii

Munich (DE), 18th August 2014. Alessandro Zanardi (IT) is preparing to tackle his next big challenge: On 11th October, the BMW works driver and Brand Ambassador will participate in his first ever long-distance triathlon, which will be held in Hawaii.

Forty seven-year-old BMW works driver Zanardi is not only a fast and successful racing driver. He is also one of the best para-cyclists in the world, a fact he has proven by winning two gold medals at the 2012 Paralympic Games in London (GB) and by being crowned a double para-cycling world champion in 2013. The triathlon on the Hawaiian Island of Big Island though will be another tough challenge for the Italian.

The competition consists of three parts: First, a 3.86 kilometre swim in the open ocean awaits the competitors. Zanardi, who has had both legs amputated, will be allowed to swim with a wet vest. Then the competitors have to cycle for 180.2 kilometres. Zanardi will tackle this stage with his handcycle, with which he won his Paralympic gold medals. The triathlon will be completed with a 42.195 kilometre marathon, which Zanardi will contest with an Olympic wheelchair. So in total, the 47-year-old will have to complete 226.255 kilometres – solely by the power of his arms.

Over the next weeks and months, Zanardi will regularly alternate between his handcycle, his Olympic wheelchair and his BMW Z4 GT3. From 22nd to 24th August, the BMW works driver will contest the next round of the 2014 Blancpain Sprint Series at Slovakia Ring near Bratislava (SK). From there, he will head directly to Greenville, South Carolina (US), where he aims to defend his titles at the Para-Cycling World Championships from 28th August to 1st September. Just one week later, he will race in the Blancpain Sprint Series in Portimao (PT) before he will go into the final preparations for the triathlon.

An interview with Alessandro Zanardi.

In October you will tackle the next big challenge in your career, in competing in a triathlon in Hawaii. What does that mean to you?

Alessandro Zanardi: “I have always been attracted by very tough challenges, and this triathlon is probably the toughest of all. To take part there is a dream come true for me. And I have to say, on top of that, I don’t have any triathlon experience, so to have the opportunity to make my debut in such a race makes me proud. We are talking about four kilometres of swimming, 180 kilometres with my handcycle and 42 kilometres with my Olympic wheelchair. So definitely it is going to be a very tough race.”

Can you talk us through the three parts of the race in detail?

Zanardi: “Technically speaking the disciplines are swimming first, then cycling and finally it is the running portion. I will be allowed to swim with a wet vest. It will help to keep my body in the right position, which will be a small advantage compensating for my disadvantage of not having legs. Then I will have to cover the cycling portion with my handcycle, and that will be tough. But at the end of the day it is basically my usual business and daily routine, so I am certainly trained for that part. Finally the last leg will be running and, of course, I cannot run, therefore I will be allowed to use what is called an Olympic wheelchair. This is a special racing wheelchair which allows you to go at a pretty high and respectable speed. I am looking at a time for this final leg of under 2 hours and 30 minutes. If I can reach that I am sure I will be able to recover a lot of positions compared to normal triathletes.”

What are the biggest challenges that will await you during this triathlon?

Zanardi: “It is very difficult now for me to say in advance what will be the toughest part in Hawaii. Because I have no experience; I can only guess. For sure the swimming part will be easy, because it is first and I will be fresh at the beginning of the race. Then, because the muscles involved in that exercise are pretty much the same as those I use when I push the cranks of my handcycle. if I do not overdo it, if I keep my pace, which I know is right, then I think I will finish that part quite comfortably, and I will be able to start the cycling relatively fresh. What will happen in the third part is a big question mark, because the Olympic wheelchair is completely different to the handcycle, although they look very similar. It is like comparing an aeroplane with a car. They are both vehicles, but one flies and the other goes on the road. So it is a different game, but once more it will be important to find the right pace, and to keep that pace without overdoing it in order to reach the finish in a condition that can relate to something human.”

What is your goal for Hawaii?

Zanardi: “Normally when you start a race you always say: ‘I want to finish knowing I have given it my all’. But Hawaii is a really tough challenge. I am sure you feel that you have given it your all long before you reach the finish. So what I want to do is enjoy myself, to cover the distance in a good time - and to get that finish picture that I will put in my ‘play room’. Every now and then I will go past it and say: ‘Wow! I did this as well in my life’. So this is mainly my goal: To do something that will go down in my memory as probably one of the best things I have done in my life.”

This 2014 season is very busy for you with your many different activities. How do you combine racing, para-cycling and preparing for the triathlon?

Zanardi: “Yes. I have my para-cycling commitment next to my driving commitment in the Blancpain Sprint Series with my BMW Z4 GT3. The preparation for the two sporting disciplines is quite difficult to combine and, on top of that, I have this third and very important challenge waiting for me October 11th in Hawaii. To prepare for the triathlon, I first adapted to the new vehicle, the wheelchair. At the same time, I worked on developing the right technique to be able to swim four kilometres. I cannot expect to prepare specifically for the three different disciplines in the time I have, I can only keep myself fit in favour of my activity as a para-cyclist. But at least for this year, my participation at this triathlon will be in order to reach the finish in a respectable time, which I know I am capable of, and not to set the world record for a para-athlete.”

You will also take part in the Para-Cycling World Championships in Greenville at the end of August. With a clear goal: to defend the world titles?

Zanardi: “I will be arriving in Greenville as the current world champion, both in the time trial and the road race. Therefore I will do my best to defend my titles. It will not be easy, as everybody is, of course, challenging you because you are the reference point. But this also makes me very proud. I do respect my opponents a lot, but I don’t fear facing them once more in the world championships. It is such an important event. I am actually very much looking forward to it because this is what keeps me going. Of course, I am aiming to come home with the gold medal, but if I don’t, it would also be okay.”

ROAL Motorsport:
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Just sayin'...

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

HTP Motorsport is entering 3 SLS AMG GT3s even though they were competing in the GT Masters race just last week.

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BMW entries:

BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert
Driver 1. Thomas Jäger
Driver 2. Dominik Baumann

Car: BMW Z4

Roal Motorsport

Car # 33 (BMW Z4)
Driver 1. Alex Zanardi

Car # 34 (BMW Z4)
Driver 1. David Fumanelli
Driver 2. Stefano Colombo

BMW Sports Trophy Team Brasil

Car # 20 (BMW Z4)
Driver 1. Sergio Jimenez
Driver 2. Caca Bueno

Car # 30 (BMW Z4)
Driver 1. Matheus Stumpf
Driver 2. Valdeno Brito Filho
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

For the second time within two weeks Schubert Motorsport takes on the Slovakia Ring. Following the highly successful appearance with the "Pixum Team Schubert" powered by Jochen Schweizer in the ADAC GT Masters, which ended with two pole positions, a double victory on Saturday as well as the lead in the drivers' and team standings, is this coming weekend for the BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert the second race weekend in the Blancpain Sprint Series on the program.

The BMW Z4 GT3 with start number 76 will take the qualifying race on Saturday and the main race on Sunday in attack Dominik Baumann and Thomas Jäger. The duo celebrated the debut of the team in the series at Zandvoort with second place in the feature race a sensational debut.

Stefan Wendl (Team Manager Schubert Motorsport):
"The entire team travels with a positive feeling back to the Slovakia Ring., We have here two weeks ago celebrated great success and are motivated to do, once again do well. Dominik Baumann can also ensure some benefit from his freshly collected 'experience on this route . the vehicle is even the same as in the ADAC GT Masters, but in terms of set-up we catch anyway to virtually zero. that is because we have a different and us still relatively foreign tire supplier in Pirelli. We are the training time need to gain more experience with the tires. Basically, we are still in this new for us series despite the good start in the learning phase. But we know that the Slovakia Ring BMW Z4 GT3 is ours, and go the weekend according to optimistic at. "
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BMW Team Brazil struggle to return to the podium in Slovakia

Bmwteambrasil.com.br

In the BMW Z4 # 0, the pair Caca Bueno / Sergio Jimenez wants new achievements. Already Matheus Stumpf will be joined by Valdeno Brito in car # 30 again. The 4th stage will be broadcast live from two races in SporTV ... The RedeTV! 2 displays the race on Sunday afternoon

The Brazilian team BMW Team Brazil returns this weekend, the Slovakia Ring circuit in Slovakia, with a special feeling to compete in the fourth stage of the Blancpain Sprint Series. It was at this track in the 2013 season, the mechanical team won first prize in the Pit Stop Challenge, a feat that was repeated this year, the race at Brands Hatch (England). The team sponsored by the Bank of Brazil expects that in one of the longest tracks on the calendar, torn happen to the cast in the standings. The fourth step will be broadcast live from the channel SporTV two races (one on Saturday, 23, and another on Sunday, 24). The RedeTV! will display the second race on Sunday at 14.30.

After the unfavorable results in the last step in Zandvoort (Hol), the Brazilian teams are excited to seek recovery and important championship points. At this stage, the BMW Team Brazil will, once again, with the presence of Valdeno Brito, in place of Nelson Piquet, forming double with gaucho Matheus Stumpf aboard the # 30 BMW Z4. Caca Bueno and Sergio Jimenez follow another car accelerating the Brazilian team (the BMW Z4 # 0).

Sergio Jimenez recalls that in 2013 the work started in Slovakia was complicated, but over the weekend, the reaction appeared. This time, he expects everything to start well and the result is even better. "Last year, we had a bad start, having car trouble. Trained not, and my first was back at the start of race 1 But we had an amazing recovery. Hopefully this time we can start and finish better than it was in 2013, "says São Paulo.

The companion Caca Bueno in BMW Z4 # 0 is optimistic, but recognizes that the BOP (balance of performance) of BMW model is not ideal. "Of course I hope our bad luck has stayed in Holland.'re Always optimistic. Staff has worked hard and we all want more of these two trophies. But we have to be realistic. Limit We are in the set-up. I Caca and we are riding on the limit all the time. seeking we will continue with the BMW and the SRO something to improve engine performance "believes.

Caca Bueno is also optimistic. And he believes that the proper knowledge about the track, and the natural improvement in the entire cast could contribute to the good results. "This weekend we have everything to do a good result. And the expectation is good. We are coming from a bad outcome in the Netherlands, where a number of details prevented us from having a good weekend. Slovakia The Ring is a circuit where we walk well because we already know the track. walked there last year, and despite my car having had a problem in step 2013, the next BMW Z4 team went well, fought for the podium and finished fourth (in the Pro Cup) . Moreover, we have this year, an improvement and a natural evolution of the team. Perhaps not the most favorable runway season for our car, as it was at Brands Hatch, but all these details can help us get back on the podium. it's what we want, "says the animated Rio, which side of the Jimenez has climbed the podium three times this year.

The gaucho Matheus Stumpf, who will again split the driving with your machine Valdeno Brito, bet on your constant learning and good relationship with the team. "The Slovakia Ring circuit is very technical by type of curves you have. Believe it will be an interesting challenge, and we have opportunities for a good result at the historic car on the track. Every race I've been learning, is the experience of the team, by car or track. Besides, I have a great relationship with both drivers (Nelson and Valdeno.) And I am confident a good step, "said the pilot of the Rio Grande do Sul.

For Paraiba, Valdeno Brito again is a pleasure to return to defend the colors of BMW Team Brazil. He wants to help the team win important championship points. "My expectations are good, although I have to adapt myself to the stroke because he is totally unknown to me. Slovakia The Ring is very long, with curved high, which is good for our car, but at the same time with long straights who end up in this sense, not being so good to us. anyway, my goal is to help the team to add as many points as possible, so that it continues to be a major event, "says Brito, who in his last appearance at Brands Hatch, contributed to the # 30 BMW Z4 pontuasse in both races and came to fight for the podium in the race last.

The SporTV channel will broadcast the two contests the fourth round of the Blancpain Sprint Series live (Saturday at 9:45 am in Brasilia and Sunday at 7:40 a.m.). While TV Network! displays at 14.30 on Sunday the second race of the weekend.

Programming the 4th stage in the Slovakia Ring (GMT):
Friday, 22
4:30 to 5:50 a.m.: 1 Free Training
9:30 to 10:50: Free Practice 2

Saturday, 23:
From 4:55 a.m. to 5:55 a.m.: Classification
9:45 am to 10:45 am: Qualifying Race (live broadcast SporTV)

Sunday, 24:
From 3:10 a.m. to 3:30 a.m.: Warm-up
From 7:40 a.m. to 8:40 a.m.: Main Race (live broadcast SporTV)

The standings (after three stages / six races - top-10):
Maximilian Buhk 1 / Maximilian Gotz (HTP Motorsport Mercedes SLS AMG GT3), 69 points
2 Hari Proczyk / Jeroen Bleekemolen (Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini FLii), 61
3 Enzo Ide / Rene Rast (Belgian Audi Club Team WRT Audi R8 LMS Ultra), 36
4 Caca Bueno / Sergio Jimenez (BMW Sports Trophy Team BMW Z4 Brazil), 33
5 Cesar Ramos / Laurens Vanthoor (Belgian Audi Club Team WRT Audi R8 LMS Ultra), 27
6 Mateusz Lisowski / Vicent April (Belgian Audi Club Team WRT Audi R8 LMS Ultra), 25
7 Gregory Guilvert / Stephane Ortelli (G-Drive Racing Audi R8 LMS Ultra), 21
8 Dominik Baumann / Thomas Jäger (BMW Sport Trophy Team Schubert BMW Z4) 20
9 Robert Renauer / Jaap van Lagen (Team Herberth Tonino Porsche 997 GT3 R) 16
10 Sergei Afanasiev / Stef Dusseldorp (HTP Motorsport Mercedes SLS AMG GT3), 13
11 Matheus Stumpf (BMW Sports Trophy Team BMW Z4 Brazil), 11
14 Valdeno Brito (BMW Sports Trophy Team BMW Z4 Brazil), 7
16 Nelson Piquet (BMW Sports Trophy Team BMW Z4 Brazil), 4
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

SPOILER

SPOILER
BIG CRASH WATCH THIS...HOLY CRAP

SPOILER

Blancpain GT: Vanthoor/Ramos win, Enge in big crash
Saturday, 23 August 2014

WRT Audi drivers Laurens Vanthoor and Cesar Ramos triumphed in an incident-packed and twice red-flagged Blancpain Sprint Series qualifying race at the Slovakia Ring.

Ramos brought his Audi R8 LMS ultra across the line on a wet track 3.6 seconds ahead of the Grasser Lamborghini Gallardo FLII driven by Hari Proczyk at the end of a 60-minute race that took more than two hours to complete courtesy of the stoppages. The Brazilian came from third after the second of the red flags, overtaking Proczyk's Grasser Lamborghini and then taking the lead after team-mate Enzo Ide spun with five minutes left to run.

"It was different fighting the Lambo for second because I was able to take risks,: Ramos said. "When I was behind Ide, I had to think about two WRT cars making it home, but I put him under pressure and fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, he spun."

Proczyk, who shares his Gallardo with Jeroen Bleekemolen, held off a challenge from Nico Verdonck's HTP Motorsport Mercedes in the final laps to take second.

Verdonck, a late stand-in for this event after Maximilian Buhk was prevented from taking part, and co-driver Maximilian Gotz finished just ahead of the Brazilian BMW Z4 shared by Matheus Stumpf and Valdeno Brito.

David Fumanelli and Stefano Colombo took Silver Cup honours for the ROAL BMW team with fifth place after Vincent Abril went off in the WRT Audi he shares with Mateusz Lisowski on the last lap.

The second BMW Team Brazil entry, shared by Caca Bueno and Sergio Jimenez, came through from the back after a post-qualifying engine change to take sixth place.

Pole winner Vanthoor dropped as low as fifth at a chaotic start, shortly after which the race was put under caution and then red-flagged following a major accident. Tomas Enge's Reiter Lamborghini was involved in a contact that sent him into the barriers before he rolled multiple times end over end (RIGHT). The Czech driver was able to extricate himself from the wreck unaided.

The race resumed in wet conditions after the necessary barrier repairs were completed.

Rene Rast, Ide's co-driver, was able to move up from third past Markus Winkelhock's Phoenix Audi and race leader Bleekemolen in the wet conditions.

Heavy rain during the window for the mandatory pit stops in the middle of the race subsequently caused a second red flag with 28 minutes left on the clock.

Winkelhock had yet to pit, which meant team-mate Niki Mayr-Melnhof lost track position when the Audi finally came in after the race resumed behind the safety car. They finished down the order in 15th.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 08-23-2014 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Just sayin'...

Indeed my friend ! Me too.....
BTW...not just sayin ...but just watching !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Indeed my friend ! Me too.....
BTW...not just sayin ...but just watching !

Wet day at the track, I think!

Here's a bmw-motorsport.com article about Mr. Zanardi

Zanardi back in action with his BMW Z4 GT3.
Alessandro Zanardi is back behind the wheel of his BMW Z4 GT3: this weekend the 47-year-old BMW works driver contests the fourth round of the 2014 Blancpain Sprint Series, which is held at Slovakia Ring near Bratislava.

Today, Saturday, the qualifying practice and the qualifying race were on the schedule for Zanardi and the ROAL Motorsport team that enters his car. He finished the hectic qualifying race, which had to be red flagged twice and was hit by torrential rain, in tenth, meaning he will start tomorrow’s main race from this position.
Zanardi was ninth on the grid for the qualifying race, which began at 14:45 local time. Just in time for the start, the first drops of rain were reported over the track. With a very good start, Zanardi improved to sixth as the lights went out. But on the first lap the safety car had to be deployed after a massive crash in the first corner. Soon afterwards the race was red flagged for the first time, as a safety barrier had to be repaired. In addition, torrential rain had started to pour down.
After a break of over 20 minutes, the race was re-started behind the safety car with conditions still very wet and tricky. On the slippery track, Zanardi spun his BMW Z4 GT3 and lost several positions, dropping down the order to 16th. Halfway through the race Zanardi completed his mandatory pit stop before the safety car came out again, as a car had stopped on track. During this safety car period it started to pour down again so, as there was too much water on the track making it impossible to drive, the race was red flagged for the second time. After another break of more than half an hour the race was re-started once more behind the safety car. The clock showed 28 more minutes to go. Zanardi was 12th at that time. Over the remaining time, he improved by two positions and brought his BMW Z4 GT3 home safely in tenth.
“It was a very tiring race because in these conditions it was easy to make a mistake”, Zanardi reported afterwards. “I have a lot of experience and I know it can’t get worse than this with the rain. Shortly before the second red flag I had just changed tyres, so I tried to catch up with the safety car. I was in second gear and almost lost the car four times. I shifted down to first gear and still the car was going all over the place. I’ve never experienced anything like this, it was just unreal. Besides that, I had a very good start, but then unfortunately someone hit me on my left side. After that the car had huge understeer when turning right, and most of the corners are right handers here. That certainly compromised my race. But tomorrow is the day that matters most and we managed to keep more or less the same starting position for tomorrow. We will fix the car and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for all of us without any rain.”
The qualifying race was won by Laurens Vanthoor and Cesar Ramos. Tomorrow’s main race will start at 12:40 local time.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 08-23-2014 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #11
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
It was a very good race. Zanardi I think had a DNF for something with a tire and suspension I think. Shuberth and the Brazil Z4 finished 1/2. With about 7 minutes remaining, Shuberth passed the Brazilian team Z4 to take 1st. 3rd was an Audi R8 LMS.
      08-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
It was a very good race. Zanardi I think had a DNF for something with a tire and suspension I think. Shuberth and the Brazil Z4 finished 1/2. With about 7 minutes remaining, Shuberth passed the Brazilian team Z4 to take 1st. 3rd was an Audi R8 LMS.

Very cool! It was a good race, glad to see BMW Team Schubert on top.

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Disappointing Sunday race for Zanardi.
Alessandro Zanardi was fully motivated heading onto the grid for Sunday's main race of the Blancpain Sprint Series at Slovakia Ring. However, lady luck was not on his side.

The BMW works driver had to retire after the first lap as his BMW Z4 GT3 was hit by an opponent in the first corner.

All looked well for Zanardi: he was tenth on the grid and ready to start a catch up towards the front, just as he did at his last outing in the series in Brands Hatch, where he raced to a sensational fifth place from the back of the grid in his BMW Z4 GT3. In addition, weather conditions today were much better than yesterday, when it had poured down during most of the qualifying race. Today, it was windy, but dry with some sun.

However, Zanardi’s main race was over before it began. His BMW Z4 GT3 was hit when several cars collided in the first corner after the rolling start. While other cars were stranded in the gravel, Zanardi was able to continue, but after the first lap he had to go to the pits with a puncture on the left rear as well as other damage to the car. The ROAL Motorsport team tried to fix the car in order to send the BMW Z4 GT3 back on track, but it turned out that the damage was too big and Zanardi had to retire.

“We had the weather we were hoping for and I strongly believed we had the car to get a good result. But unfortunately this is racing," Zanardi commented. “After a very good start I got trapped behind the accident and I tried to avoid it but, of course, many cars were coming behind me and I got pushed into the chaos. So basically I had nowhere to go and in all the chaos going on somebody damaged my left rear tyre. Towards the end of the lap I could feel the tyre losing pressure and I told my team over the radio that I would come in to change the tyre. Then we decided to retire because the damage to the car at the front was too bad. It would have been too dangerous to continue like that. It was a real pity because, for sure, the car would have been good enough to get a really strong result. So now we have to try next time.”

The main race was won by Thomas Jäger and Dominik Baumann from BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, Caca Bueno and Sergio Jimenez from BMW Sports Trophy Team Brasil finished second. The Slovakia Ring hosted the fourth round of the 2014 Blancpain Sprint Series. The next round will be held in two weeks’ time at Portimao in Portugal (5th to 7th September).

Quote from BMW:

1-2 for #BMW in the Blancpain Sprint Series at the SLOVAKIA RING – official site. Thomas Jäger and Dominik Baumann of BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert Motorsport came home first at the wheel of a BMW Z4 #GT3. In a thrilling finale, they finish ahead of Caca Bueno and Sergio Jimenez of BMW #SportsTrophyTeam #Brazil. /// Doppelsieg für BMW in der #BlancpainSprintSeries auf dem #SlovakiaRing. Thomas Jäger und Dominik Baumann Motorsport kamen mit dem BMW #Z4 GT3 vom BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert als Erste ins Ziel. In einem spannenden Finish setzten sie sich gegen Caca Bueno und Sergio Jimenez vom BMW Sports Trophy Team Brasil durch.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 08-24-2014 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0