E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Spoiled kids!@

12-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #89
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

I got a crappy first car, a 2001 Volvo S60 2.4T. BoooHooooo!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #90
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

wtf the M3, S4 and C55 aren't on there. They aren't truely spoiled kids
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #91
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
If you've driven shitty cars before and pay for your E90 with your own money, you should be smug knowing that you appreciate what you have more than someone handed the same thing ever could.
You are absolutely right. Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that you earned your BMW. My parents easily could have bought me a BMW at 16 but thank God they had enough sense to make me earn it myself to truly appreciate it - that feeling is priceless.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #92
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW786
You are absolutely right. Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that you earned your BMW. My parents easily could have bought me a BMW at 16 but thank God they had enough sense to make me earn it myself to truly appreciate it - that feeling is priceless.
how old r you?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2005, 10:43 PM   #93
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

I just turned 23 recently. I didn't even have a car in college - well I sorta did, but I couldn't take it anywhere except from point A to point B. My friends would give me rides or I would take the shuttle. After I graduated and got a full-time job offer, the E90 came out two months after that - perfect timing.

I used to be so envious of my friends who had their parents buy them BMW's when we were in high school. I always wanted one, but my parents wouldn't buy me one - not b/c they couldn't but b/c they had their reasons. Now I know why...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2005, 11:22 PM   #94
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo
wtf the M3, S4 and C55 aren't on there. They aren't truely spoiled kids
I guess I'm spoiled. My parents gave me 15 K for my car, but this was with the agreement that I wont be modding it. I was completely happy boosting in my Integra, but they started to get concerned for my safety after their friends kept telling them how other people have gotten into accidents, others have their cars stolen, with the person still in the car, and the fact that my car was far from stock. It was also probably a bad idea to show my dad what the car was capable of, but I really dont think he did a large part of the petitioning for me getting a new car.
I have a loan for the other 30 K. Now that my Integra is sold, I can repay part of that loan. I cant complain because insurance for the E90 is $600 less than the teg.

This is hardcore spoiled: http://images12.fotki.com/v215/photo...MG_0510-vi.jpg

This kind of shopping spree for a 9 year old is spoiled. I cant wait to see what (and how many) he is getting for his 18th...

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2005, 12:12 AM   #95
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
i havent chimed in on this yet so why not---

im 20 and didnt get my license till senior year of high school. after i got my license i was driving around my dads 94 camry whenever i needed to get somewhere. after high school i got my first job and started saving some money i also opened up a crdit card as well to start building up my credit a bit. for the past 2 years i lucked into my car(04 honda pilot) becasue my dad got it for my mom but my mom did not want to drive it and my dad did not want to drive 90 miles a day in it commuting to work so they gave it to me. they paid for insurance and the payments but the gas, maintenace, etc. was all on me. then as you all know this past summer i went into the dealership and ordered my 330 no need for a co-sign or anything. proudest moment of my life so far. im paying for the car and parents are paying the insurence which is bout $1200/6 months. i still pay the gas in the pilot as well becasue i drive that to school and random litle errands around town.

i know i ahve been fortuante to even be able to save up that much money. my parents are your sterotypical asains all they cared about was me doing well in school and theyll take care of everything else. my parents have been paying for everything since i was young such as cell phone, clothes, lunch money, credit card...at the same time i have learned the value of a buck and have branched out from them so to speak.

as for the future. right now im a biochem/premed major and hopefully become an anesthesiologist. i know that by the time the kids are ready for their cars i will be somewhat comfortable financially...knock on wood...with that said they will be rewarded accordingly to what they have acheived up to that point. ie- havnet been defiant, troublesome, doing good in school...
      12-12-2005, 12:35 AM   #96
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Good for you puck. You seem like an above board kinda guy, my hat goes off to you.

As for me, a 20 yr old full time college kid who's a buisness/marketing major and works part time all at once, and I'm carrying quite a load myself. I won't buy my first BMW until school is over, as by that time i'll be more fiinancially comftarble taking on that kind of a purchase. I'm in no rush to be in the hotseat of a 3 @ 20, life has many rewards, some require work, time, the latter which means paitence.. and that's fine by me. I must say, even though my S60 is no 3 series, it's the perfect college kid car and is a more than satisfying drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2005, 01:03 AM   #97
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Pshhh, this is spoiled:
Quote:
Eh, I know a kid named Hani that owns a GT2 with about $120K in carbon fiber and body work modifications...that isn't a typo. This car replaced the F360 that he had....get this - his parents made him sell the Ferrari cause it was too impracticle.

His beater is a C4S.

Hani is a pre-med student at a university in the NYC area....must be nice when your parents can spoil you beyond your wildest dreams.

He recently hit a divot on the highway in the GT2, it caused around $15K in damage to the rims and body work......ouch (to his parent's wallet).
That was a from another forum (secret...)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #98
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
Good for you puck. You seem like an above board kinda guy, my hat goes off to you.

As for me, a 20 yr old full time college kid who's a buisness/marketing major and works part time all at once, and I'm carrying quite a load myself. I won't buy my first BMW until school is over, as by that time i'll be more fiinancially comftarble taking on that kind of a purchase. I'm in no rush to be in the hotseat of a 3 @ 20, life has many rewards, some require work, time, the latter which means paitence.. and that's fine by me. I must say, even though my S60 is no 3 series, it's the perfect college kid car and is a more than satisfying drive.
thanks buddy. as long as your happy and kosher, thats all that matters...
      12-12-2005, 08:42 AM   #99
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Jamie - you're an alien from another planet aren't you! I just hope I'm around the day you have something bad to say about someone. You're a good guy!

P.S. So, the pink shirt is some sort of otherworldly uniform then?
LOL - So you won't be voting for me as the most obnoxious poster then??

12-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #100
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
i havent chimed in on this yet so why not---

im 20 and didnt get my license till senior year of high school. after i got my license i was driving around my dads 94 camry whenever i needed to get somewhere. after high school i got my first job and started saving some money i also opened up a crdit card as well to start building up my credit a bit. for the past 2 years i lucked into my car(04 honda pilot) becasue my dad got it for my mom but my mom did not want to drive it and my dad did not want to drive 90 miles a day in it commuting to work so they gave it to me. they paid for insurance and the payments but the gas, maintenace, etc. was all on me. then as you all know this past summer i went into the dealership and ordered my 330 no need for a co-sign or anything. proudest moment of my life so far. im paying for the car and parents are paying the insurence which is bout $1200/6 months. i still pay the gas in the pilot as well becasue i drive that to school and random litle errands around town.

i know i ahve been fortuante to even be able to save up that much money. my parents are your sterotypical asains all they cared about was me doing well in school and theyll take care of everything else. my parents have been paying for everything since i was young such as cell phone, clothes, lunch money, credit card...at the same time i have learned the value of a buck and have branched out from them so to speak.

as for the future. right now im a biochem/premed major and hopefully become an anesthesiologist. i know that by the time the kids are ready for their cars i will be somewhat comfortable financially...knock on wood...with that said they will be rewarded accordingly to what they have acheived up to that point. ie- havnet been defiant, troublesome, doing good in school...
Great story! That's awesome - I like hearing stories like that...I read every one in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #101
LunaticFringe
But Officer, I can explain...
Rep
Drives: '06 330i / sparkling graphite

There was a news report a few months ago about a Seattle area teen who, with help from a friend, purposely had his new 330i stolen. Apparently, the friend stole the car, jacked everything he could, then torched it. Since most teenagers can't keep a secret, the details of the scam got around pretty quickly. I guess the story eventually got heard by someone who made some calls the the police, who then started thier own investigation. When confronted by the evidence the poilce had gathered, the teen broke down and confessed. He said that he was pissed off at his parents for not buying him the car he really deserved and wanted to get back at them.
The car he "deserved"? A Bentley Continental GT.

Sorta reminds me of something my father would say whenever he saw some spoiled rich kid acting like a jack-ass.
"All that kid needs is a good ass-whoopin'."

He was usually right.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2005, 09:47 AM   #102
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
There was a news report a few months ago about a Seattle area teen who, with help from a friend, purposely had his new 330i stolen. Apparently, the friend stole the car, jacked everything he could, then torched it. Since most teenagers can't keep a secret, the details of the scam got around pretty quickly. I guess the story eventually got heard by someone who made some calls the the police, who then started thier own investigation. When confronted by the evidence the poilce had gathered, the teen broke down and confessed. He said that he was pissed off at his parents for not buying him the car he really deserved and wanted to get back at them.
The car he "deserved"? A Bentley Continental GT.

Sorta reminds me of something my father would say whenever he saw some spoiled rich kid acting like a jack-ass.
"All that kid needs is a good ass-whoopin'."

He was usually right.
I remember that
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #103
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

most rediculous story i have and personally witnessed.

The bass guitarist for AC-DC has a son that went to my school. He is a pretty cool kid and is a pretty good friend of mine.

He got a new 325 for his 15the birthday. (not sure what the year of that e46 is) That is one full year away from getting his license. By the time his birthday came around and he could drive the car on his own he had it completly hooked up. He had it super-charged and body kited up.... he had wheels and everything. My personal estimation would put it at $20,000-15,000 in modds. After a couple months he didnt want the car anymore. He had maxed out the performance of his 2.5 liter and wanted something a bit more impressive.

His parents then purchased him a brand new m3... He put an absolutley rediculous amount of money into that car..... He had the car until the electronics started fucking up because it cant handle all the mods he had done to it...
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...1&d=1106885591
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...1&d=1106796088
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...1&d=1106177831
^^^^^ his is the dark blue one that looks black^^^^^

he decided he wanted a new car and decided to go with an evo. He traded his m3 in and they payed him money when he did that. Rumor has it hes hit a 10.95 in his evo at some track.

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)

Last edited by Arby 330; 12-13-2005 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #104
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby 330
most rediculous story i have and personally witnessed.

The bass guitarist for AC-DC has a son that went to my school. He is a pretty cool kid and is a pretty good friend of mine.

He got a new 325 for his 15the birthday. (not sure what the year of that e46 is) That is one full year away from getting his license. By the time his birthday came around and he could drive the car on his own he had it completly hooked up. He had it super-charged and body kited up.... he had wheels and everything. My personal estimation would put it at $20,000-15,000 in modds. After a couple months he didnt want the car anymore. He had maxed out the performance of his 2.5 liter and wanted something a bit more impressive.

His parents then purchased him a brand new m3... He put an absolutley rediculous amount of money into that car..... He had the car until the electronics started fucking up because it cant handle all the mods he had done to it...
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...1&d=1106885591
^^^^^ his is the dark blue one that looks black^^^^^

he decided he wanted a new car and decided to go with an evo. He traded his m3 in and they payed him money when he did that. Rumor has it hes hit a 10.95 in his evo at some track.
Um yeah, I'm kinda banned from that forum. Can you post the pictures here?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #105
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

idk how.... sorry dude

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #106
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby 330
idk how.... sorry dude
Save a picture on your desktop and upload it on www.imageshack.us

Simple
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 09:38 PM   #107
Compos Mentis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
if i drive a $35,000 325i, ppl think im spoiled or
I guess it's just hard to adjust to people that write "ppl" and "i", and talk about modifying an expensive car that was given to them, using someone else's money. I can't rationalize that at all.

"Let the flaming begin!"

CM
18000 miles...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 10:34 PM   #108
1er120i
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 (325i)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Um yeah, I'm kinda banned from that forum. Can you post the pictures here?
This is , but were you banned because of that stupid E90 vs E46 arguement?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 10:58 PM   #109
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1er120i
This is , but were you banned because of that stupid E90 vs E46 arguement?
Hell no, it was because I made an apology thread
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 02:06 AM   #110
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life

dang seems like lots of ppl here are 20's. Im also 20 and majoring in business/marketing also...even though i didnt buy the car, i hella appreciate my E90 (more and more everyday). Once i get this new job im hoping for, imma start earning my own car (335i) hehehe. I do agree that if u earn it, then u will appreciate it even more. But in life, there will be things u earn and things that will just come by...
Appreciate 0