E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How to take care of this issue?! NOW?!

12-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A stolen one

How to take care of this issue?! NOW?!

My girlfriend and her friend live in a college housing apartment complex. The lease says that a person can stay 2 consecutive nights and all that bla bla. I live with her however, I contribute but I am not on the lease. There is a maintenance guy, another guy and a lady that works in the office. They have seen me quite a bit and think my GF's Jeep is mine and that I am hear all the time.

They have asked my GF's roomate about me and she says shes never here and doesn't know. He sees me all the time and waves to me, and they have never really mentioned anything to my GF about me.

The complex has RA's, resident assistants or whatever to keep order. This one particular one has it in for us and there is a problem...

This hippie bitch cunt is fucking with our lives...

Issue #1:

This bitch has a key to the place, she is authorized apparently to come IN TO THE FUCKING APARTMENT for a disturbance if her knock is not responded to. I.E. fight, emergency etc etc...

-She has come down, knocked on the door and told me to tell the other girl to keep her music down (at 11am)!

-She has come down before and told us to keep it down (We're not loud, walls are thin and she lives above us, we've never thrown parties and theres never been significant noise above laughing or talking loud

-She in fact at 9:30 pm when no one but my GF and I were in the apartment, knocked (we did NOT hear shit we were just watching TV) my girlfriend went to the door and she was unlocking the deadbolt and door lock to LET HER FUCKING SELF IN to tell us to be quiet

-She came in mid day last week, walked into my gf's roomates room to tell her to put her music down!

ISSUE #2!

-THE BITCH SMOKES LIKE A CHIMNEY! WE CAN SMELL IT IN THE VENTS EVERY DAY ALL DAY, AND WEED TOO!

ISSUE #3!

-The bitch left a not on the door that said and I quote:

"Dear Tenants and NON-Tenant,

It has come to my conclusion that you won't concur to take proper action towards seizing to be disruptive. You have been cautioned many times. I would take sincere care in how you conduct yourselves. Take heed,

Sincerely,

An annoyed tenant (who also pays $500 dollars a month to live here. Sorry no FREE rides)"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What can we do about this to get this taken care of? What grounds we have to do what? She is abusing her privilage and my GF and her roomate are NOT comfortable with her or the shit she is pulling... They feel threatened by her letter and her entering whenever she feels like it.

What do you think?
gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

hire a guy to PIITB
      12-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Why not just narc on her for the weed? haha.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
Why not just narc on her for the weed? haha.
do this
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

haha you posted this on E46F also, i responded in that thread (under a different username)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 04:30 AM   #6
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Take it up with upper management. Send an anonymous complaint form if you must, for christ sake the lady smokes weed in the building shes hired to run? Sounds like someone needs a reality check.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #7
Searcher821
I find stuff
Rep
Drives: Jet pack

I can't believe she has a key to your apartment!
Where I live that would be illegal.

I'd report her for using the key to your apartment at times when she's not allowed to do so even by the regulation (that's a serious offence) + for the weed smoking.

Make it sound like she's high as a kite most of the time, and she's using the key in situations where she's not allowed to do so.
She probably saying you're noisy all the time anyway ...

F*#¤%& hippies!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

Sound like something is amiss. No stranger should be allowed to come into your apartment unless there was smoke billowing out of a window!

Ask you parents for help. Get some letterhead from one of thier lawyer friends to push back a little. Or write her a letter and CC a lawyer (even if you dont actually copy them).
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

I wouldn't make a big stink about it. I would try and deal with it. She has you by the balls. You are in violation of a legally binding contract and should she feel like reporting you all your girlfriend could be kicked out of college housing. Sucks but that is the way it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Go to home depot or something and get a new deadbolt, or just make a big stink about it, I doubt she has proof that you're breaking the 2 night rule. Or setup a hidden camera in the apartment; if she is crossing the line and abusing her super duper RA powers and entering your residence for no reason, then your camera will catch her, and you will have proof of her harassment. I still say you should narc on her to campus police or the local pd and get her removed from the area.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

Fuck with her. Get as creative as you can...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Sounds like more of a Dormitory than an apartment. That being the case, the RA having a key to your place is standard regulation.

You clearly state that your breaking the rules. While I don't condone the way that your girlfriends' RA is handling you, probably since she can't really prove that your living there, it's not a good idea for you to have no residency other than your gf's school's dormitory. Thats just a bad situation for you should things get fucked, which they will.

The easy solution is for you to show them proof of residency somewhere else, and ask them (with your GF present as it's her RA's) to kindly refrain from invading your privacy. Be civil about it, and perhaps drop a line that you can hear her as well at times but understand that the walls are thin. (you might have to embellish or elaborate on that last part.)
      12-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #13
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Fuck your g/f in front of the door, make sure to make a shit ton of noise when she knocks dont answer let her come in, she might be so embarrassed she wont come back. Problem solved
      12-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #14
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

I had a similar problem when the Jehovah witnesses kept coming to my home. I was kind at first and listened to what they had to say and eventually told them I an Christian and I go to church regularly. They tried to convince me to join their beliefs and their "way of life." I told them no thank you and closed the door. The very next day they brought someone my age to talk to me. I was polite and listened to what he had to say again for 10 mins. I repeated what I had said the previous day and closed the door. The very next day I was out doing yard work and tried again. This time I was clearly annoyed and asked them to not come again. Not surprised the very next day they rang the door bell and brought a very attractive korean woman with them. I opened the door completely naked. They never came back again.

Maybe you should start walking around naked. Sure worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

I would respond by mentioning that if she calls y'all out for "being too noisy" that you'll call her out for smoking in the apartment. That includes informing the staff on the front desk for cigarettes and the POLICE for the weed. Have dirt on her and her dirt on you won't do much.

*Edited as you're in a dorm, not an apartment*

Thirdly, if that doesn't work and it bothers you that much, have your GF request to move apartments a couple doors down.

-That kind of stuff is exactly why I have a house and not an apartment. Each and every time I live in a combined unit of sorts I have to lay down some law on the neighbors. Generally the intimidation factor works after they see you'll follow through.

Last edited by Spec 1; 12-14-2009 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
hhkim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335d

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
narc her and then mail me her green
      12-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #17
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
I had a similar problem when the Jehovah witnesses... I opened the door completely naked. They never came back again.
Maybe you should start walking around naked. Sure worked for me.

my brother did that... they would drop by constantly, so one day he got donuts, put them on the "one-eye monster" and opened the door completely naked with the donuts on
      12-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #18
MrAdams
do a wheelie!!!
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - '72 2002 - '65 Impala

Garage List
put one of those chain locks from the inside so she can't come in at least

12-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

this thread is full of great answers. cant go wrong with either one OP lol

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Sounds like more of a Dormitory than an apartment. That being the case, the RA having a key to your place is standard regulation.

You clearly state that your breaking the rules. While I don't condone the way that your girlfriends' RA is handling you, probably since she can't really prove that your living there, it's not a good idea for you to have no residency other than your gf's school's dormitory. Thats just a bad situation for you should things get fucked, which they will.
+1000, get your own place.
And on top of that, living with your girlfriend while in college is the wrong way to experience your college years. These are the best years of your life, get out there and get your hands on some strange!
Appreciate 0