E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Wittnessed something horrible at work today...not funny....

06-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Unhappy Wittnessed something horrible at work today...not funny....

I was at work today and they asked my co-worker and I to go to the storage facility to take files out for destruction. Ok weve dont it alot so we gladly agree so we can get outa the office and listen to music. We pull in (after i almost miss the entrance haha) and get out of the car to a woman screaming. We look over and a man is in the backseat of the womans car and the woman is screaming NO STOP DONT. We continue to look and then begin to hear a baby crying. The man takes the baby and runs off to a get away car that quickly pulled up. The get away car quickly drove away with the baby crying and the woman screaming quickly following. I wasnt sure what had happend at the time so didnt call the police but another bystander did and I gave him my number and told him to have the police contact me when they arrived if they needed another wittness. They never contacted me and to be honest its left me in a really weird mood. I feel really sad and sort of depressed like there was something I could've done. I mean I wanted to do something at the time but my fear of the guy having a gun led me from not doing anything...that and being in shock. It was the first time I ever wittnessed a crime let alone a kidnapping so i was also a little confused. Now i just feel sad and its a weird feeling. I want to contact the PD tomarrow and ask if they need my statement or what ever just to maybe gimme some closure but I dont know what to do.
      06-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Dude, make an anonimous hpone call to the police. I dont want thos criminals to come after you and try to harm you.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Domestic dispute, maybe? Child custody issues? That sucks, man.
      06-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
You're honestly fucked up in the head to say something like that. Im a 17 year old kid, theres not alot I can do when im over 200+ feet away. Ya running towards the guy can do alot? You have some serious issues.
      06-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hmm how bout you read the explination of the story. I believe i said another bystander called and explained all of this. Your right i am no US MARINE or US soldier and im sorry but i never will be. I commend you for what you do and think it is very honorable. In another sense thats what you signed up to do and are getting paid for; to put your life on the line and defend your country and the people who live in it. So for you to come out and tell me that I should live my life in fear and agony over this is not only uncalled for but truthfully disgusting. Not to mention comparing me to one of those sick twisted mind freaks is even more disgusting. I have never said a bad thing about my countries milatary and never will. I know numerous men who serve or have served over there and not one of them has ever come off as arrogant and rude as you sir.
      06-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
milehigh5000
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BS 328i coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
Hmm how bout you read the explination of the story. I believe i said another bystander called and explained all of this. Your right am i no US MARINE or US soldier and im sorry but i never will be. I commend you for what you do and think it is very honorable. In another sense thats what you signed up to do and are getting paid for; to put your life on the line and defend your country and the people who live it. So for you to come out and tell me that I should live my life in fear and agony over this is not only uncalled for but truthfully disgusting. Not to mention comparing me to one of those sick twisted mind freaks is even more disgusting. I have never said a bad thing about my countries milatary and never will. I know numerous men who serve or have served over there and not one of them has ever come off as arrogant and rude as you sir.
+1 i got your back
      06-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #7
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Thank you milehigh, I dont like putting people down but for him to say stuff like that when i already feel horrible is truthfully uncalled for. I decided im going to call the PD tomarrow and find out if they need another wittness's testimony. If they do thank god maybe then I can feel somewhat better, if they have all the info they feel they need then I trust that they do.
      06-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #8
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

That's what you're bimmer is for. Chasing down bad guys. Man, you missed a great opportunity to haul some ass. J/k . In all seriousness, that sucks.
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #9
RKP-M6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Coupe

how about both of you just shut up, ya? no big deal you couldn't have done anything other then call 911, and the other bystander did that so it was already taken care of. i guess you could have chased the guy, but that would just put more people in harms way. You did the right thing by giving that bystander your number, so the PD could contact you or whatever. so get over it no big deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #10
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
If i was in my bimmer I woulda chased the man down haha but it puts to many miles on my lease, 58 total a day, so i had to take our other car, 01 CLK 320.
      06-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #11
AK
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 320d

Garage List
2007 320d Sedan  [0.00]
It´s a normal reaction every sound human being would have after witnessing something like that. The Police will contact you if your witness statement is needed. I would guess it was a domestic dispute as Rick Hunter said. Though that´s bad, we often imagine things as much worse than they actually are.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #12
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

you drive a BMW, you coulda followed the guy. I cant tell you how many times ive chased theives outta my neighborhood. Onetime one pulled over and flashed a gun at me
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #13
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
you drive a BMW, you coulda followed the guy. I cant tell you how many times ive chased theives outta my neighborhood. Onetime one pulled over and flashed a gun at me
LOL I bet its fun!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #14
Juggs
Bavarian Motor Werks Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i sport

thats friggin horrible man. Did you know the lady? Any idea what the deal was or why the kid was being kidnapped?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #15
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
thats friggin horrible man. Did you know the lady? Any idea what the deal was or why the kid was being kidnapped?

No clue who the lady is, i assume it was a fight between the lady and her husband/boyfriend that caused the kidnapping. It was traumatising for me so i cant even begin to imagine what was going through that ladys mind.
      06-21-2007, 07:44 PM   #16
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
I have issues? I guess so but ill tell you what buddy... I will gladly DIE for you, your mom, your dad and even a little iraqi kid thats throwing rocks at me in a split second, I m a US Soldier. Do I expect the same from some one whos not trained and not afraid to die? Absolutely not but a little common sense would have been useful here.. maybe call 911 and give a detailed discription of the getaway car? hmmm, you tell me.
Thats pretty depressing that some one as sorry as you is out there defending our country. You have the shittiest set of morals of anyone I know, 325 baller could have done nothing...please explain to me what your sorry combat trained ass would have done. I really wonder if you are actually a solider 1. Because your grammar sucks and 2. Because thats not the morals of any solider I know. I personally think your just some 16 year old punk poser that wants to be in the army one day, and with your attitude i can guarantee you that you wont make it to far. If you actually are in the Army, then thats a true shame because its people like you that that give the armed forces a bad name.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #17
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
Domestic dispute, maybe? Child custody issues? That sucks, man.

Kinda what i was thinking....

Just to random for somebody to take a random ladies baby.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #18
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
You feel wierd?? dude, you should feel alot more than that, you really f**ked up! you watched a baby
get torn from a screaming mothers arms and didnt even call the police (the least you couldve done)!
i hope you hear those screams when u sleep and remember you let him get away. sorry, buddy, i really dispise
rappist, molestors and kidnappers and you have just proven youre one of those people who allow this to
happen by not taking appripriate actions after witnesssing something like this!
youre not getting any comfort here for your actions! and yes, there was something you couldve done!
That's going a bit overboard.
      06-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #19
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hey man, whatever helps you sleep at night, hopefully the lil baby doesnt end
up decaying in a dumpster though. youre right, you shouldnt feel bad. you
did all you could have, man. real good job!
Why dont you just go fuck one of your army buddies....and cut the shit he did what about 98% of the people on the board would do....the other 2% being LEO's and People in the Armed Forces mabey would have recated different. So just let it go...

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #20
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
hey man, whatever helps you sleep at night, hopefully the lil baby doesnt end
up decaying in a dumpster though. youre right, you shouldnt feel bad. you
did all you could have, man. real good job!
ok, so before going off on 325 baller did you ever consider this....since he didn't have a clue what was going on, what if the man in this story was actually trying to get a baby away from some crack head, or maybe she was abusing the child, or something like that. The fact that it was a woman crying and holding a baby does not garuntee she was actually an innocent victim. Without knowing what's going on, calling the police is about the only thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #21
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Wow that's horrible. Where did it happen, in Boca?

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #22
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Thank you all for your support but I dont know if bashing him will accomplish anything? As I stated before if he is indeed a Soldier for this country (USA) then I would never talk badly about his job or what he does because that is very admirable and takes a man of integrity. So with that I ask for we all to stop bashing him. I understand that some people might have done more but I TRUELY believe that 99% (with that one percent being a soldier or veteren or police office..ect) would have done exactly as I did. I was just trying to look for or find out how to find a little comfort with the emotions im feeling right now.