BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 e92 X6M F86

New Upgrades

What's up guys!

Just got finished with upgrading my car a bit from the guys at European Auto Source. First of all, I have to say Kevin and the rest of the guys there were really chill and great with helping me find what I want for my car. They took the time to actually ask and figure out what I wanted and also gave me input and their opinions on all the parts. Just all around great service.

I got a few upgrades from Macht-Schnell. (pulleys, race x-pipe, wheel spacers, Stage-2 Intake). 6000k Angel eyes and black gloss grill and side markers. Also Swift Sport Springs

I am still deciding on whether or not to get the ESS tune on my car and also trying to choose a set of rims. I also am looking into cosmetic parts such as trunk, either splitter or bumper and rear diffuser. Also maybe some interior stuff.

**Update (10/18/14)**: Got 18 inch TE37SL Black Edition rims with Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires. Running 255 fronts and 275 rears. Going to take off the spacers soon. Also got on the Arkym Carbon Fiber lip and also a BMW M performance spoiler. Going to Race Precision Motorsports in Van Nuys to get the BPM tune, remove my wheel spacers and get smaller ones, new locking bolts/nuts, OSS lights. Will post pics soon.

**Update (11/4/14)** http://raceprecisionmotorsport.com/b...ded-correction

Jeff

TE37SL Black Edition, Akrapovic GT4 Titanium Exhaust, BPM Stage-II, Exotics Tuning CF Lip & Side Skirts, BMW Performance Spoiler, Macht-Schnell pulleys, wheel spacers, stage 2 intake, JRZ RS Two Coilovers, LUX V5 Adjustable Angel Eyes

Last edited by jjzheng115; 12-04-2014 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: Added video link
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 06:16 AM   #2
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

do you still recommend EAS? you should make this your build thread!! update it!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
AWAirFlow
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

why are EAS reviews so bipolar? I've heard some great things, and awful things...Yelp, for example, overall good rating, but some reviews are horrific, especially regarding their business practice?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
nicksm3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 Competition

still retained the cats? sounds good.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #5
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Progress Update:
Got 18inch TE37SL Black Edition
Stud Conversion
Wheel Locks
Arkym Carbon Front Lip
BMW M Performance Spoiler
Attached Images

TE37SL Black Edition, Akrapovic GT4 Titanium Exhaust, BPM Stage-II, Exotics Tuning CF Lip & Side Skirts, BMW Performance Spoiler, Macht-Schnell pulleys, wheel spacers, stage 2 intake, JRZ RS Two Coilovers, LUX V5 Adjustable Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
grantmax
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

6-spokes!!!

How does the car sound on the daily? Post more sound clips!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #7
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Nice, car looks awesome! Clean, tasteful, aggressive
      10-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Just got the BPM Engine and DCT tune. Honestly, changed the car in a very good way. Opens up the car a lot more and feels so good.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzheng115 View Post
Just got the BPM Engine and DCT tune. Honestly, changed the car in a very good way. Opens up the car a lot more and feels so good.
Spot on ! Same thing here with BPM
Seeing you are living in LA....so how's Mike ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #10
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWAirFlow View Post
why are EAS reviews so bipolar? I've heard some great things, and awful things...Yelp, for example, overall good rating, but some reviews are horrific, especially regarding their business practice?
I'm beginning to think EAS business practice is lacking in a BIG way. I personally will not be doing any business with them.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #11
hpapad01
BMW CCA member and you should be too!
Rep
Drives: DYII E93 M3,540 M-Sport,911C2S

I'm interested to read your reviews on the Swift Sport Springs if any! Did you put front and rear? Did you ever considered the KW Sleeve Kit?
      10-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Is that blue smoke I see coming out there? Chill with the free standing revs.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #13
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Spot on ! Same thing here with BPM
Seeing you are living in LA....so how's Mike ?
BPM is honestly just incredible. I did a bit of research on several different tunes such as Dinan, ESS, Accessport, and also BPM. My friend introduced me to another forum member with the BPM tune and he convinced me to get it. Met up with Mike yesterday and got it done in under an hour. He told me he sold his F80 M3 because he wasn't having as much fun as he was owning a E90. The guy really knows how to tune a car.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 01:46 AM   #14
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
I'm beginning to think EAS business practice is lacking in a BIG way. I personally will not be doing any business with them.
To be honest, me too. EAS is the closest to my house but I would rather spend the extra gas money and get better care for my car.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 01:56 AM   #15
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapad01 View Post
I'm interested to read your reviews on the Swift Sport Springs if any! Did you put front and rear? Did you ever considered the KW Sleeve Kit?
I got both front and rear springs. Here is my take and review on the springs, so if anyone else who is running these springs and has a different result I would also like to hear it. When I first got them installed there was a noticeable difference in ride comfort. It was a bit softer than the stock springs and made ride a lot smoother. After a week of having them I took it to the canyon for a drive and they felt really balanced. You feel the car dive into the turns a lot better and just in general feels a lot more stable. Pushing the car and springs to the best of my ability and it really didn't seem to give and stayed really tight. I would suggest getting it if 1. you do not want to lower your car dramatically 2. do not want a full coil-over set. I did consider the sleeve kit but the guys at EAS said if you want to keep more of the driving comfort and daily practicality than getting just a set of springs would do just fine.

I have only had these springs for a month but I plan on pushing my car a bit more and getting it dialed in to my driving style so I am considering getting a full KW V3 kit.

I hope this review helped a bit. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 02:01 AM   #16
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmax View Post
6-spokes!!!

How does the car sound on the daily? Post more sound clips!
Thanks! The car sounds great daily. It isn't stupid or obnoxiously loud which is good. But with a nice push on the throttle it sounds really mean.

Without a tune though, it kind of sounded muffled or stuffed up a bit. The back fires and the gear changes make it sound really nice though. Like it feels like the exhaust isn't able to push out all of the gas. But after getting the tune, the exhaust just sounds a lot better because it kind of cleared up.

I would suggest, if getting the Macht-Schnell race pipe, that you also get a tune and I would specifically suggest the BPM tune. Just my opinion

I will try to get some more sound clips in and also probably a fly-by in the near future.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #17
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
BPM is honestly just incredible. I did a bit of research on several different tunes such as Dinan, ESS, Accessport, and also BPM. My friend introduced me to another forum member with the BPM tune and he convinced me to get it. Met up with Mike yesterday and got it done in under an hour. He told me he sold his F80 M3 because he wasn't having as much fun as he was owning a E90. The guy really knows how to tune a car.
100 % agreed with the knowledge of Mike ,engine tune and DCT software upgrade was done of course with the remote cables .
And not to forget the outstanding customer service of BPM !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #18
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Never understand why people choose to opt to pay those exorbitant prices for a DCT flash. But to each his own, enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #19
Girl Stig
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Looks great, especially with those te37s! are you getting the dtm lights from OSS?

2008 E92 M3 Coupe | DCT | AW | Black Novillo | Carbon Leather
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #20
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Stig View Post
Looks great, especially with those te37s! are you getting the dtm lights from OSS?
Thanks! Still thinking about whether or not to get them yet. Kind of pricey but I know it will look real nice. Still thinking about getting KW V3 kit and also Brembo Big Brake Kit.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #21
hpapad01
BMW CCA member and you should be too!
Rep
Drives: DYII E93 M3,540 M-Sport,911C2S

Quote:
I got both front and rear springs. Here is my take and review on the springs, so if anyone else who is running these springs and has a different result I would also like to hear it. When I first got them installed there was a noticeable difference in ride comfort. It was a bit softer than the stock springs and made ride a lot smoother. After a week of having them I took it to the canyon for a drive and they felt really balanced. You feel the car dive into the turns a lot better and just in general feels a lot more stable. Pushing the car and springs to the best of my ability and it really didn't seem to give and stayed really tight. I would suggest getting it if 1. you do not want to lower your car dramatically 2. do not want a full coil-over set. I did consider the sleeve kit but the guys at EAS said if you want to keep more of the driving comfort and daily practicality than getting just a set of springs would do just fine.

I have only had these springs for a month but I plan on pushing my car a bit more and getting it dialed in to my driving style so I am considering getting a full KW V3 kit.

I hope this review helped a bit. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
Thank you for taking the time to respond! Your review is spot-on, at least for me.

My objective is to improve the stance but retain some comfort level as I don't intent to track this car. You defenetly helped in making up my mind and I appreciate all your help.

BTW - Your car is very, very nice! You have done a great job in choice of colour and mods! Enjoy it in good health!
      10-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #22
jjzheng115
Just Another Car Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapad01 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to respond! Your review is spot-on, at least for me.

My objective is to improve the stance but retain some comfort level as I don't intent to track this car. You defenetly helped in making up my mind and I appreciate all your help.

BTW - Your car is very, very nice! You have done a great job in choice of colour and mods! Enjoy it in good health!
With a set of the Swift Sport Springs and some wheel spacers, your car will have a nice aggressive look to it in my opinion. The springs only lower the car by about 0.5 inch which for me is a practical drop for daily use.

I appreciate the compliments on the car. If you do get the springs, enjoy them!

Appreciate 0