E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus IS coupe coming soon?

04-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #45
cryptkeeper
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lexus GS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
I find it funny how if BMW comes out with something everyone would be like "OMFG it looks hot! ZOMSOMGOAIUJSDA!" and if Lexus comes out with a car everyone here would be like "IS-Fail; it's fugly, lsakjfdk, etc."
It seems like most of the Lexus hating comes from people with entry-level BMWs. You're kidding yourself if you think just because you bought a 335i over a 328 that you're not in an entry level BMW. Just the same, an IS350 is no further up the luxury ladder than an IS250. These are all entry-level luxury cars. Please do not think any differently. Seems like there aren't very many true car enthusiasts here. What happened to the classic car enthusiast that could appreciate any car for something?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #46
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 빠른차

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
it will never be like us
i am not a lexus hater, my mom has one
just the fact that the IS coupe most definitely will be trying to compete with E92 and i think the BM will always be on top for this one
      04-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #47
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35 View Post
Nobody would spend so much money to buy a car that they found ugly, especially when there are so many other brands for them to choose from in the market. There are many reasons they do not choose BMW vehicles besides the extremely obvious Lexus' advantages such as reliability and dealer service that you probably choose to completely ignore. Yes you mentioned sportiness as your most important value in a car, but I think you wouldn't buy BMW if it looks ugly to you. Same as Lexus owners, if their vehicles are not super stylish in their eyes they wouldn't buy them. You were describing the Lexus vehicles in general, not any individual model, which I found unacceptable and very very biased. Sure I agree that some BMW models, such as 3 coupe and X5 and X6 and 5 are very very good looking cars, but so are Lexus LS, IS, and RX. And I found 3 sedan, Z4, 6, 7 and X3 not that attractive, as well as Lexus SC, GS and GX. Every car company has something good looking but some failures as well.
You don't have to tell me something I already know.

First of all, I did say that in my opinion, I think all current Lexus models (and yes, I do mean all) look like molded bars of soap to me. I'm not saying that they're ugly, I'm just saying that I don't like their overall design language.

You're right, I probably wouldn't buy a car that I found ugly. You can't place a tangible value on how you feel about the looks of a car. I happen to like Bangle/Adrian van Hooydonk's styling. Yes, there have been failures failures, like the X3 and the pre-facelift 5/7 and the new 1er, but I love the rest of the models.

Now, in my opinion, I don't find a single current Lexus model all that appealing, except I do find the rear of the LS better than the rest.

I never said that everyone has to buy a BMW. I hardly have any brand loyalty whatsoever. Read my past posts if you want. If a manufacturer happens to make a car I like, then hell, I'd love to see it and maybe want to buy it. I just happen to like BMW cars for their qualities: a demeanor that's sportier than most of its competitors, their spartan interiors, their styling, and the overall experience I enjoy driving them. Many people don't like those things, and good for them. They can buy another make.

And in regards to the part of my quoting you that has been boldened, where did that come from? Of course I place reliability and dealer service as a top priority as well, but you don't know me so don't make any assumptions. It's an ignorant thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #48
Shinchan
LED Rules
Rep
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe

is it me or that coupe looks like Scion tC?
      04-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #49
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Bimmer Loyalist has been one of the very few that's been fair and honest about his opinions on Lexus and particurly the IS-F. Him not liking the ISF styling doesn't necessarily means he's "hating" on the ISF or Lexus.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #50
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Thankyou.^

That's what I'm trying to say.
Appreciate 0