E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > A farewell to my Little Dodgy :(

01-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Unhappy A farewell to my Little Dodgy :(

Well, This Car got us through some rough 14" Snow days up In Massachusetts, Bought Brand New Once I started college and once I got married it became My wife’s car (Since I betrayed it for the 335 , sorry Dodgy) we were able to put 115000 Miles on it in 6 years......What a Reliable car, 5spd MT, Mitsubishi V6 (Chryslers version of the Eclipse) in the 6 years and well over 100K ALL I have ever done was to Replace pads @ 75K and Regular Oil Changes (and…..Cold Air “Injen” Intake, H&R Coil Over, B&M Short Shift, Flywheel, Pulleys ) I took it in to replace the timing belt and I was advised that it still has some life on it...Its like they knew I wouldn't needed anyways..

The Accident
Well, She was coming back home from work while Raining hard, Took the Exit and skid on the Rail causing the damage as shown on the Pictures, She was able to keep on driving back home and Park the car @ the Driveway, we Drove back to the scene, wanted to understand how it had happened, She got panicked and Hit the Brakes hard and entered a Skid....GRRRRRRRRRRR...........I Spent the Whole Weekend w' her explaining how Hitting the brakes in rain can do more harm than good most of the time......

Anyways, We decided NOT to fix my lil Dodgy and rather Donate it for free, We had a Near by Body shop come by for a quote and said it will cost $4800.00 to get it done , that's more than its current value...

Her Mind…!
Now, She REALY needs a car due to her commute to work (30 min from home) however, she never cared what she drove, actualy her opinion was that the dodge was as good as my 07' 335 However, after 2 days of Going from used car lot to car lot and seeing all the so called "slightly used" Junk we could have asked for we realized that buying a brand new car was the best choice.....

The new addition
After a bit of Debate on my side to get her in a Honda Or Toyota she came back asking to go by and see the BMW lot....??? Okay, so off we go....I call the sales guy that I got my car from and he tell me, "Its your lucky day, I got the perfect car for her" We got to the dealership and well, I was Very pleased with what he had for her, a 2006 Z4 3.0i Conv Right off a Lease w' 19000 Miles ...he said they will let it go for 22.5K but to make a long story short after 2hrs, we struck a deal for 19K Cash/Check.....The wife has been ecstatic about the Z, telling me how much BETTER it is than my 335 ..."Yes, My Love you got the better car, enjoy it and don't crash it".....
The Dodgy is parked and awaits to be picked by the Donation Group...

So Long Friend, Thanks for the Awesome Mitsubishi Reliability you Offered me all these Years, And for keeping us safe.

I will Never forget you.
Attached Images

Last edited by GreekMaverick; 01-02-2008 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

I think she did that on purpose so she can get a bmw

glad all worked out in the end and no one is seriously hurt.
      01-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Hmmm, I would have to agree with her. Her car is more fun to drive
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Damn from the first pic and glancing at ur title i thought you backed up into your doggie or something...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

The Z4 is so much more fun and you don't have to drive it fast
      01-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
The Z4 is so much more fun and you don't have to drive it fast
Yeah, its a Little fast toy.....I Bet the M Roadster is a BLAST OF FUN to drive...Hmmmmm, Once her extended warranty runs out i will try to convince her to trade it in for an M Roadster, Wait.....I Purchased the D@mn thing, i shouldn't even ask, Oh well She drives it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Question...

Will My Stock SP package wheels from the 335 (18") Fit the Z4 ?

My 19" LM's are couple weeks away and I was thinking that they will make the Z look more muscular ?
Appreciate 0