E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Austin f1

11-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #67
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

Great race, great circuit. Looked too easy for Vettel. Webbo almost had Grosjean at the end.

Congrats on getting married by the way E90 Slam.

Was wondering where the official thread was.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #68
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
NBC is a joke. They screw up qualifying coverage (curling???) and then dumb down the race broadcast for 4 year olds. It's a joke. They bring nothing to the table. Fox/Speed did a better job and that's not saying a lot.

Race was fairly boring too. Hope next year is more interesting.
      11-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #69
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

The broadcast team can definitely make quite a different to the enjoyment.
If you are "downloading" the races maybe try the BBC broadcast.
I watch races on the BBC and the current lot are really excellent.
Along with lead commentator Ben Edwards we have David Coulthard and ex F1 designer Gary Anderson.
Can you get live timing in the USA? from say http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/
Following the lap and split times can really add interest when the race is a little dull.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #70
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
How many times do we have to plug the fact that this race is in America? Almost makes me think the support for F1 here isn't what they expected and they're trying to boost it more. I can't stand Leigh Diffey and his hysterics. Accept the fact that yes, pit stops are under 3 seconds and may possibly, maybe, one day break the 2 second mark. Get used to it and move on.
Who's the one who keeps saying "McLaren International"? Like if he just said McLaren, we'd have no idea what he's talking about?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #71
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
NBC is a joke. They screw up qualifying coverage (curling???) and then dumb down the race broadcast for 4 year olds. It's a joke. They bring nothing to the table. Fox/Speed did a better job and that's not saying a lot.

What race? All I got to watch and DVR was the weather due to the outbreak here in the Midwest. If it was on a non-local channel, it woudn't have been a problem! Instead, I got to watch the hot weather woman for 4 hours!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #72
Handozizle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post

Qualifying was aired live on CNBC. The race had to be dumb down because it was on national TV and not cable. Most Americans don't really understand F1. It was the same thing when the races came on FOX instead of Speed.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #73
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handozizle View Post
Qualifying was aired live on CNBC. The race had to be dumb down because it was on national TV and not cable. Most Americans don't really understand F1. It was the same thing when the races came on FOX instead of Speed.
CNBC?! I didn't think to check that channel.

Yeah, when they televise F1 on the networks, you hear a lot of things like "bright red Ferraris", how each team has 2 drivers, "drag reduction system", and how F1 is the "pinnacle of motorsport".

Frankly, I don't think network broadcast really gets any more long-term viewers. Most people just think it's another one of those Indycar races that no one cares about.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #74
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
How many times do we have to plug the fact that this race is in America? Almost makes me think the support for F1 here isn't what they expected and they're trying to boost it more. I can't stand Leigh Diffey and his hysterics. Accept the fact that yes, pit stops are under 3 seconds and may possibly, maybe, one day break the 2 second mark. Get used to it and move on.
Who's the one who keeps saying "McLaren International"? Like if he just said McLaren, we'd have no idea what he's talking about?
The same ass-hat who says 'Sahara Force India'. As if he's getting royalties for naming each sponsor EVERY time he opens his mouth
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #75
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
What race? All I got to watch and DVR was the weather due to the outbreak here in the Midwest. If it was on a non-local channel, it woudn't have been a problem! Instead, I got to watch the hot weather woman for 4 hours!
Same here. Missed half the race. Not that I think I missed much. The first few laps of races since the break have been exciting, but then it settles down to the same old drill.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #76
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I was at the track in T12. and although almost all "exciting stuff" happened in my corner, but honestly, the race was boring. It looked like noone seemed to try hard for anything. It was my perception. Battle at the back of field between Marussia and Catterhams was more exciting than things happening in the first 10.

That collision and spin on the last lap was fun to watch other than that and very few other moments it was meh.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #77
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I'm back briefly!!!

Apologize I didn't get to start the USGP coverage. Because I just got married last weekend and it was hectic the week before and after!!! I should return to cover the final race in Interlagos.

Nonetheless, enjoy the race, all I know is Kimi will miss the next two races, and Perez will be dumped.
congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
I was at the track in T12. and although almost all "exciting stuff" happened in my corner, but honestly, the race was boring. It looked like noone seemed to try hard for anything. It was my perception. Battle at the back of field between Marussia and Catterhams was more exciting than things happening in the first 10.

That collision and spin on the last lap was fun to watch other than that and very few other moments it was meh.
I was at T12 also, I agree w/ them not really trying that hard for the most part but I still had a great time although it was too damn hot!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #78
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
Same guy who got stuck in F1 30 years ago where McLaren did officially called McLaren International.....

If he had to make the announcement right (like press conference), might as well call Vodafone McLaren Mercedes?
      11-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #79
Deezulbeem
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 35d

I was there also, in the cheap seats of turn 9! agreed that it was way to easy for vettel
Appreciate 0