E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > European trip help

04-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
WhereItsAt
Constantly Learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: Four Wheels

European trip help

I'm travelling to Itally and Germany this coming June and need help with accommodations. The first stay is in Milan, next is Germany and then back to Italy (Tuscany - Bologna, Pisa, Lucca). Any assistance is very appreciated. BTW, I have three kids (15, 14 and 3:eyebulge and a wife who will be joining me.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Cygnus X1
Rep
Drives:

Their star rating is somewhat higher than ours, our 3 star is like their 4 star. If you're renting a car in Europe consider getting AAA for all necessary maps and accommodations b4 you leave they helped us out immensely. Europe's train system is one of the best in the world, you can travel to several countries all under one pass.

The best word of advice is an old saying "When in Rome do what the Romans do" Try their way's of life and their choice's of foods and for pete sake when ordering an alcohol beverage (if you drink) enjoy one of their own, there's nothing more frustrating hearing a tourist in Europe asking for a Bud.

Enjoy your trip, your kids will have a blast....:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
WhereItsAt
Constantly Learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: Four Wheels

I travel often for work and occaisionally for pleasure. My wife and I always eat, drink and take in the local atmosphere. In fact, it's funny that you refer to beer as I always search for the local brew.

Anyway, it looks like it's just me going now. My older kids both have camps and they start the first week of July. The older they get the harder it is to travel for long periods. Thanks to all!
Appreciate 0