E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Farewell Conan...

01-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #23
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
not everything is about money man. didn't u listen to Conan through out this ordeal. It was his dream to host the tonight show. Conan already has more than enough money, but NBC fucked him out of his dream. And he worked damn hard and deserved every bit of it.

My prediction tho, Leno has gotta retire at some point and NBC will ask conan to come back...wherever he is to host the Tonight Show cuz the falcon kid ain't guna cut it and we will see if Conan will come back.
+1. I'm pretty sure Conan stayed with NBC for 20 years with the hopes and dreams to one day host the Tonight Show. No amount of money can repay crushed life long dreams. But as Conan said, he's happy to have had the opportunity to do it for at least the 7 or so months and we shouldn't feel sorry for him.

I've always loved his show, but gained a new found respect for him from the way he handled everything and his attitude throughout. I don't think there's anyone in show business that could handle this situation like he did. It's a very rare thing, especially being a celebrity.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #24
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

I don't understand the Leno hate. NBC owns his contract and they are making the decisions. Leno was number 1 when they took him off, and Conan has not done that well in the ratings.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #25
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
I don't understand the Leno hate. NBC owns his contract and they are making the decisions. Leno was number 1 when they took him off, and Conan has not done that well in the ratings.
here's another way to look at it...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #26
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
That still doesn't/shouldn't point hate at Leno.

The Tonight Show has always been a more 'mature' persons show, people like my mom watch The Tonight show. I don't think Conan was a good fit for The Tonight show, people who live on the coasts (like most of us) forget that a large portion of the network tv watching population is older and more conservative...they don't like the masturbating bear.

NBC should have picked their horse seven months ago and released either Leno or Conan.

Conan should be on Fox and do a show for the younger audience.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #27
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
That still doesn't/shouldn't point hate at Leno.

The Tonight Show has always been a more 'mature' persons show, people like my mom watch The Tonight show. I don't think Conan was a good fit for The Tonight show, people who live on the coasts (like most of us) forget that a large portion of the network tv watching population is older and more conservative...they don't like the masturbating bear.

NBC should have picked their horse seven months ago and released either Leno or Conan.

Conan should be on Fox and do a show for the younger audience.
As much as I prefer Conan to Leno, I do agree with you there completely.

Also the younger generation is watching less and less broadcast television. Hell, I have cable tv in all rooms of the house and I still only watch Conan on Hulu. I just skip to segments I'm interested in watching.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0