E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Audi TT-S revealed

06-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #89
Hampi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Alpina B4S

http://ttsfreunde.tt.funpic.de/AutoZeitung132008.pdf

German Test between TTS Roadster, Z4 Roadster and the new SLK. Winner is the TTS. SLK was doing also very well; very strong engine! On page 7, you will find performance test results. Even though the TTS Roadster weighs 300 Pounds more than the Z4, it ouperforms it quite well.
      06-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #90
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
By the looks of it this TTS with also a manual which in DSG form would knock about 0.5s off it's 0-100mph time and being a Roadster is adding about another 0.3s to this time. That means the stock TTS Coupe with DSG will be as quick as a stock 335i and almost as quick as a stock S5.

Very impressive if you ask me.

P.S.
What Handling track do they use?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #91
albeik
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Formula Red S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampi View Post
Well, its photoshopped, but Eibach and H&R will offer springs soon. Here is stock one:

OK. That is now on top of my list for my 3rd car!! Love it! Thanks for the pics.
I also found this link from audiworld by 353S. http://www.353S.fotki.com/ (looks like the site is down) he collected different pics of the car - interior + exterior.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 01:47 AM   #92
Hampi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
By the looks of it this TTS with also a manual which in DSG form would knock about 0.5s off it's 0-100mph time and being a Roadster is adding about another 0.3s to this time. That means the stock TTS Coupe with DSG will be as quick as a stock 335i and almost as quick as a stock S5.

Very impressive if you ask me.

P.S.
What Handling track do they use?

...dont know about the handling course.
Well, I also saw a test with a coupe, which was slower from 0-62 miles than this roadster. I guess those figures in the test are as good as it gets. I order to follow an S5, it sure needs a chip; add also an exhaust and you might be quicker.
      06-16-2008, 01:48 AM   #93
Hampi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeik View Post
OK. That is now on top of my list for my 3rd car!! Love it! Thanks for the pics.
I also found this link from audiworld by 353S. http://www.353S.fotki.com/ (looks like the site is down) he collected different pics of the car - interior + exterior.
...link doesnt work...
      06-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #94
albeik
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Formula Red S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampi View Post
...link doesnt work...
It's up now. http://www.353s.fotki.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #95
thedean786
A Herald of Doom
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Fancy Car

Audi seriously needs to sit down and think about the number of models they have out right now or will be coming out in the next few years. It's getting crazy stupid and to top things off unless you're driving a S-something your engine options are under powered and the car itself is overpriced.....definitely not worth it.....
      06-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #96
audiprotein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi a4

I wouldnt say 2.0T is that underpowered.
      06-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #97
DiscoZ
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991.1S, G05 X5 50i, LR Disco

Quote:
As you come from the US or Canada I will excuse your ignorance towards fwd technologies as they are alien to you. Unless it's a big block v8 with leaf springs it's useless, ain't that right.
That was a useless comment that only showcases your obvious ignorance of everything discusses thus far coupled with utter self-absorption when it comes to driving. Just because we don’t drive shitty little cars here and we don’t have to suffer through inefficient driving systems which we self-rationalise into something better doesn’t mean we all drive POS muscle cars.

Quote:
T-Bone, I know by the way you are describing the Z4M that the only driving you have done in this car is on either at a track or mill pond smooth roads, anything other than that the car is among the most nervous road cars I have driven. I think it's me who knows this car and not you.
I drive my Z4M on downtown Toronto’s pothole ridden streets all the time. No bent rims… and I am fine, as is my fiancée. Perhaps your delicate dierre is not quite used to the suspension and chassis of a proper sports car. As far as I recall, Top Gear and 5th gear both loved the Z4M. The Z4MR ran a very respectable time around the ring and the Z4MC is faster, according to BMW.

Quote:
Are you so stupid as to think that it wasn't Audi that developed the Gallardo as they had already owned the company for a few years by that time.
Yes, Audi developed the Gallardo on its own. It had no help from that company in Sant'Agata. Of course. Audi’s are great driving cars, but they are no BMW’s. I would know since I’ve had one Audi and 2 VW’s.