E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Ever wondered?

12-15-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Ever wondered?

Have you ever walked into a dealership thinking. Ok this guy's name is Jack and he doesn't know $h!t and this guy Larry looks more nervous than I was for senior prom. Ever wondered why a SA is such a moron and doesn't know much about BMW's in general? I have always thought soo much about this. I was thinking just the other day. Hot damn if I had a job at XYZ dealership I would be the dam the boss. It may just be me, but sometimes that entheusiast thinking gets ME thinking I could sell cars. Just wanted to throw that out there for you 1addicts. :biggrin:

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #2
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
It happens a lot.... means theyre not doing their homework... I sell Mazda and im not dun with my tests yet but I can say usually if 1 doesnt know about what theyre selling theyre not doing their homework (in this case tests) its a proven fact in the car sales bussines..

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 05:27 AM   #3
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

I feel the same way too. When I go into to test drive a car on my short list I have done a little research by that time and know about the car I am testing. 9 out of 10 times the SA starts talking BS about the car and I can tell he has no clue. In my career field there are no glossy brochures that are going to inform me about my job so I would expect someone in auto sales would be eager to learn with the information sitting in from of them.

When I bought my 135i my SA had another appointment so he put me with another SA. The guy was writing up my order for a 135i using the 128i vert options sheet. I noticed it and I was reading it upside down, the SA had no clue and looked very unprofessional fumbling around. He even went away and came back scratching his head looking over his order book trying to figure out why things did not match up. I finally showed him he was using the 128i vert options sheet to configure my 135i. What scares me is the same person that hired this clown most likely hired the mechanic that works on my car.

BTW we are going to bail out the US auto industry so these people can keep their jobs. How does that make you feel?:wink:
      12-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
UR2SLOW1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I feel the same way, it's very frustrating to deal with "salespeople" who know less, sometimes much less than I do about their product. However, I know I could never do that job because I have no interest in literally living at the dealership every day so I don't miss a sale. Since they live at the dealership why on earth don't they spend some of that down time researching their products ?? Very strange indeed.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
mine freely admitted that many of his clients know more about the cars than he does.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0