E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Do you beep at people who are sleeping at green lights?

03-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #45
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
When you lay on the horn, to me it feels like you're saying, "You're a f*ckin idiot, move." That's why I use it.
Sometimes it's other way around.

I was on my way to work the other day, running late, and I had to drop off my kid at school first. I get out from my alley onto the main street. One lane is jam packed with cars and barely moving, but the other one is fine. I change the lane and drive minding my own business. Suddenly this Hyundai changes the lane in front of me and goes barely over 10mph. (Speed limit is 45). I follow that car for about 2-3 minutes, but realize that it is not going to go any faster, while holding me up and about 10 cars behind me. So i manage to get around and end up in front of her (it was a lady in her 50's or so) and speed up to about 40. I definitely did not cut her off, because she was going way too fucking slow to be cut off to begin with. Suddenly she flips her shit, starts tailgating me and laying on the horn. Me and my kid are like "WTF is wrong with her?"

She is riding my ass for about a mile on that street and i get onto highway on-ramp hoping she would fuck off. Fat chance! Morning traffic. 2 cars per light and about 20 cars in front of me. That bitch is right behing me, STILL honking. I get on the highway, hoping to get rid of her, but the traffic is dense and there is nowhere for me to go, but in the lane i am in, with that bitch on my ass. Still fucking honking at me!!!

That went for 8 MORE MILES until i was able to finally lose her behind.

What a fucking douche. I hope she gets 4 flat tires at the same damn time.
      03-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #46
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Sometimes it's other way around.

I was on my way to work the other day, running late, and I had to drop off my kid at school first. I get out from my alley onto the main street. One lane is jam packed with cars and barely moving, but the other one is fine. I change the lane and drive minding my own business. Suddenly this Hyundai changes the lane in front of me and goes barely over 10mph. (Speed limit is 45). I follow that car for about 2-3 minutes, but realize that it is not going to go any faster, while holding me up and about 10 cars behind me. So i manage to get around and end up in front of her (it was a lady in her 50's or so) and speed up to about 40. I definitely did not cut her off, because she was going way too fucking slow to be cut off to begin with. Suddenly she flips her shit, starts tailgating me and laying on the horn. Me and my kid are like "WTF is wrong with her?"

She is riding my ass for about a mile on that street and i get onto highway on-ramp hoping she would fuck off. Fat chance! Morning traffic. 2 cars per light and about 20 cars in front of me. That bitch is right behing me, STILL honking. I get on the highway, hoping to get rid of her, but the traffic is dense and there is nowhere for me to go, but in the lane i am in, with that bitch on my ass. Still fucking honking at me!!!

That went for 8 MORE MILES until i was able to finally lose her behind.

What a fucking douche. I hope she gets 4 flat tires at the same damn time.
Some people are just plain dumb. From your story, I didn't see anything that you did wrong. I don't know what her problem was. I love how everyone thinks that they are always right when they're behind the wheel. Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #47
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
Downshift, lay on the horn and pass. When you lay on the horn, to me it feels like you're saying, "You're a f*ckin idiot, move." That's why I use it. Other than that, I rarely ever use the horn. I don't get road rage but that one thing just gets to me.
yea i rarely use the horn either. there was this one time on my way home from school, i was moving in the left lane and there was a huge backup of cars going so slow. one by one all the cars in the left lane start passing on the right (both from in front of me and behind me). im just stuck there, i didnt want to cut anyone off, no one would let me pass. finally i get behind some lady in an suv moving at like 40 mph. i honk in a way that lets them know "hey wtf, speed up or move"...she doesnt even make an attempt to signal to switch over or anything

i honk again because by now i figure someone else in front of her is causing this so i want them to hear it as well. finally she switches over and i find the real culprit just chilling there like nothings wrong. cars are still flying by in the middle lane. at this time, my patience is out the window. i start blaring my horn at this person over and over and over until they finally switched over and i floored the hell outta the car past him. the asshole went on like nothing was wrong. im usually not the person to be so aggressive like that but holy shit dude wtf are you doing 40 in the left lane on a major state highway!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #48
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Some people are just plain dumb. From your story, I didn't see anything that you did wrong. I don't know what her problem was. I love how everyone thinks that they are always right when they're behind the wheel. Lol
My only thought is that her horn pulled a "Prius accelerator pedal" on her. hahah
      03-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #49
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
yea i rarely use the horn either. there was this one time on my way home from school, i was moving in the left lane and there was a huge backup of cars going so slow. one by one all the cars in the left lane start passing on the right (both from in front of me and behind me). im just stuck there, i didnt want to cut anyone off, no one would let me pass. finally i get behind some lady in an suv moving at like 40 mph. i honk in a way that lets them know "hey wtf, speed up or move"...she doesnt even make an attempt to signal to switch over or anything

i honk again because by now i figure someone else in front of her is causing this so i want them to hear it as well. finally she switches over and i find the real culprit just chilling there like nothings wrong. cars are still flying by in the middle lane. at this time, my patience is out the window. i start blaring my horn at this person over and over and over until they finally switched over and i floored the hell outta the car past him. the asshole went on like nothing was wrong. im usually not the person to be so aggressive like that but holy shit dude wtf are you doing 40 in the left lane on a major state highway!
I know! I don't understand why people think it's ok to be in someone's way. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
My only thought is that her horn pulled a "Prius accelerator pedal" on her. hahah
Hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #50
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Usually just flash high beams.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #51
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

my dad just told me this fucking hilarious thing he did on his way to work this morning. some guy was tailgating and honking at him so when the guy went to pass him, my dad rolled down his window and goes "hey Jack! how are you?? hows the family and the kids??" and the guy goes "what? how do you know me? im not Jack!". then my dad goes "yeah you are. youre Jackass!" LMFAO!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #52
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

there are a lot of driverless cars around here. i use my horn quite frequently.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #53
my92
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Don't try to be tough guys =/ you never know who you're dealing with. True story, I was rolling with my friend and his friend who Ive never met before. He was about 23-25. He honks because this guy in a ford pick up doesn't move on a left green. The guy eventually moves, the friend driver glares, the pick up rolls down his windows and gives him the finger. The friend rolls down his window and calls him a fker and gives him the finger. The ford cuts us off, gets out and approaches the window. The friend driver reaches into the glove department and grabs his glock and taps his head with it. I was scared shitless in the backseat the entire time but the guy got back into his car and drove off like nothing happened.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #54
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR View Post
I usually high beam.
I throw stuff out of my sunroof. Normally a Vitamin Water Bottle (there addicting)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #55
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
my dad just told me this fucking hilarious thing he did on his way to work this morning. some guy was tailgating and honking at him so when the guy went to pass him, my dad rolled down his window and goes "hey Jack! how are you?? hows the family and the kids??" and the guy goes "what? how do you know me? im not Jack!". then my dad goes "yeah you are. youre Jackass!" LMFAO!!!
your dad sounds like a badass. that's awesome
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #56
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
The ones that get me are the people that want to ride my rear end light to light in stop and go traffic. I had a guy doing it last week in a Ford when I had my M out and really pissed me off, he almost hit me 5 TIMES. At the next light after about 8 miles of this, I got out fuming mad and he would even look at me, while I went off. Then on my way into work the next morning guess who was behind me. Needless to say if I chewed in my car he would've had a big dip spit at him.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #57
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

I don't beep.....

I PHUCKING HONK THE SHIET OUT OF MY HORN
      03-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #58
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I have to admit that today I was guilty of not seeing the light turn green. But to my credit it was only about 2 seconds before I caught it, but apparently that was too long as the Prius behind me beeped his horn. At least give people five or so seconds to see it! My God! Needless to say I watched him disappear in my rear view mirror afterwards...

And in case anyone is wondering, I was looking at another E92 going the other way.
      03-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #59
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I have to say I have never run across this situation.

Perhaps I should put my gorilla mask in the car just in case. Go up and give a tap on the glass.
PERFECT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeclueless View Post
i have ran into this multiple times and sometimes people doesn't even notice that i am honking at them
Appreciate 0