E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Bought a 3.46, got a 3.08..

01-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #23
4doorbmwpower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i

im surprised paypal doesnt just refund you and go after him themselves. Buyers protection is AWESOME! if you dont get what you asked for contact them and they will credit you and suck up the money from him thru the bank.
cp-e GTX3071R TT kit, cp-e quad exhaust, cp-e fuelbar, Stage 3 LPFP+lines, AEM EFI, Custom Meth kit, Apex EC7 18s w/R888 295s, Stoptech, M3 front, m-sport rear, cp-e difuser, Custom Headlights, CFS Radiator, Custom OC, 1000hp Lvl10 trans, DSS Axles, MFactory LSD, DEFIV lockdown kit, M3 refresh kit, KWv2's, cp-e project "4doorbmwpower"
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:28 PM   #24
whosdady
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahcole92
bump to update.

JMARS has not given me a refund, as he says he doens't have the funds. Although he has posted his 15k build thread on another bmw forum to brag.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY.
I bought and paid for DSS axles from this guy. (He has been around for a long time and seemed safe to buy from.) Unfortunately without warning he decided to sell them to someone else he claimed wanted to buy the lsd and axles together locally. (Which according to him, means it was you) I'm guessing you didn't buy axles and I wonder if you are local?

He did refund my money the next day but that is pretty shady business practices in my opinion. Good luck getting your money back. I would have your bank/PayPal cancel/refund payment if it hasn't been too long. There is nothing you can do with that lsd but sell it at a potential loss.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #25
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Taking everything you said at face value, you've waited long enough.

Open claim with PayPal or CC company. If unsuccessful, small claims court.

Hopefully you're getting some benefit from LSD function. Now that I've experienced it, I could never go back to an open diff.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #26
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Not sure if he paid by Paypal using bank wire or CC, but in either case it has been too long and paypal will not do anything (more than 45 days).

CC might do something if he paid by CC through paypal, but highly unlikely after this much time. Although, that is your best bet if you want to go that route and paid by CC, as CC can place funds on hold in which paypal will become very interested in resolving the issue as otherwise they are left with the loss.

Not sure what you agreed or didn't privately, but working something out would work best, or just sell it.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #27
elijahcole92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 97 Supra

I still have all the texts from him regarding the sale, and discussion afterwards. I paid through Paypal on August 29th, got the diff around sept. 18, got married on the 20th and went to Cancun for two weeks, by the time i got back, got settled in, and installed it, it had been too long for Paypal to do anything. But now they offer 180days buyer protection!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #28
elijahcole92
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosdady View Post
I bought and paid for DSS axles from this guy. (He has been around for a long time and seemed safe to buy from.) Unfortunately without warning he decided to sell them to someone else he claimed wanted to buy the lsd and axles together locally. (Which according to him, means it was you) I'm guessing you didn't buy axles and I wonder if you are local?

He did refund my money the next day but that is pretty shady business practices in my opinion. Good luck getting your money back. I would have your bank/PayPal cancel/refund payment if it hasn't been too long. There is nothing you can do with that lsd but sell it at a potential loss.
I'm not local, he shipped it. I never talked to him about axles, so i can't help you there :/
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #29
elijahcole92
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gilles View Post
Easy answer for the OP... The seller committed fraud. Call your bank, call the police, take him to small claims court. You can't just complain about something and not take action. Only wives are allowed do that
Well Paypal conference called my bank with me but they said since i authorized the transaction through paypal there was nothing my bank could do, only if it was an unauthorized transaction.

I've never anything like the other options, how do you go about doing that? All i have for proof are texts, and the paypal transaction?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #30
j1gilles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahcole92
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gilles View Post
Easy answer for the OP... The seller committed fraud. Call your bank, call the police, take him to small claims court. You can't just complain about something and not take action. Only wives are allowed do that
Well Paypal conference called my bank with me but they said since i authorized the transaction through paypal there was nothing my bank could do, only if it was an unauthorized transaction.

I've never anything like the other options, how do you go about doing that? All i have for proof are texts, and the paypal transaction?
Small claims court is pretty straight forward and you could probably get by without an attorney. Court fees are usually low and you can add those into the amount you are seeking. It sounds to me like an open and shut case.
      01-02-2015, 10:33 PM   #31
Seven11
Private
Rep
Drives: X4m

the bank usually reverses the charges, surprised to hear they didnt do it for u
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #32
j1gilles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
the bank usually reverses the charges, surprised to hear they didnt do it for u
+1
      01-04-2015, 12:31 AM   #33
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Can't you open a paypal claim? This seems pretty cut and dry.

FWIW, I'm in the market for a used 3.08 MT LSD. Should you wish to get rid of it, PM me
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #34
elijahcole92
Private First Class
Rep

No as by the time i found out it wasn't a 3.46 it had been 45 days since i sent him the money. JMARS however, finally gave me a partial refund and we are settled. Props to him.
Appreciate 0