E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Ayrton Senna Movie Trailer

04-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #89
cmark8
M52, M62TU, S50US, S54, S65
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT, E36 Touring MT

^watch it! the full length one has more interviews. I love how Alain Prost and Senna were extreme rivals and after Senna's death, he became one of Senna's charity ambassador.

1995 E36 M3 USA / 2002 E46 M3 SMG / 2008 E90 M3 6MT
1996 E36 328i Touring 5MT / 1998 E36 323Ti M Sport 5MT
2002 E39 540i Protection
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #90
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Last night I watched the (short version)film again - but this time with the directors comments switched on(well three of the guys who did this docu project). MAN o-MAN... what a film. They talked about how hard it was to get the film under 100 minutes. And that one day they think they will come out with a special edition version that is FIVE hours long! Man... I can't wait to watch that version.

Btw... I still am searching for the longer version of this film. Anyone have a link to point me in the right direction>?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #91
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I watched the 2+ hour version today with my wife and two other friends. What a deeply moving film. The last 20-30 minutes were so difficult and painful and tearful to watch (I wasn't a racing fan during Senna's period but I knew how it was going to end.). I just kept hoping it would not end with that crash--thinking somehow as I was watching time could be rewritten by wishing a different outcome.

I totally agree with Cmark8 about Prost. As bitter as the rivaly was they needed each other in some odd way. The "I miss you Alain" note seems to say that I think. Prost speaks of how changed Senna was towards the end, but it seems he was changed a good deal as well by that note and what happened over the next few days.

I'd never seen Senna drive until today. Certainly some controversy in some of those races (as Jackie Stewart articulated clearly) but man I've never seen anything like how Senna could drive. Clearly always on the razor's edge of control and out of control--the absolute limit and beyond. Simply mind-blowing.

Really a film that says with you. I'm sure it will be on my mind for some time to come.

It's also sad that human folly is such that it takes a major loss to change things (improve safety). This, of course, is not limited to auto racing.

If you haven't seen this, watch it.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 02:47 AM   #92
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

I just got the DVD here in Shanghai (pirate of course, so you have to wait a few weeks after release) and spent a sunday morning watching the movie, as it if it was a F1 race sunday, when I lived in the states, that normally meant 630 am, I didnt like taping it, its was great drama live, even practice and qualifying. I hunted this movie down in countless DVD stores in the city, and Saturday night after sushi, there was a dvd store next door, so I walked in, and before I finished saying the name Senna, the chinese kid ran to the shelf, he said they sold 11 copies that day, 1 was left, and a guy walked in after me, saw me holding it and said, where is that...I pointed him to the last one. Its the 145 version.

This film was bitter sweet, in a very accurate way, the format was unusual as a documentary, as it never stopped the focus of who this man was, how his life evolved and the people that interacted with i him, in a intimate way thats really a tribute to the film makers, as they only used, original footage, and no after the death interviews for the most part. The music was eery and moving, as was all the images and drama. I could not help but shed some tears,, its just very emotional film unfolding, you know the outcome, but its so serene the way it unfolds.

Its nice to see a story of a man at this level in sport, that succumbed to the dangers drivers face in a high risk battle to win, but too see the real man behind the helmet, was special.

Its a very good film, for anyone, whether they like racing or not, this man was a small part of history for many people, and his death effected all of them to a degree.

I was lucky enough to see Senna win the US Grand Prix in Detroit in 1986. That was a race, he got a flat, and still won. I started to get into F1 in 1984, Nigel was my man then, of course Jackie Stewart had a special place, if you remember ABC Wide World Of Sports, he was a legend, like Ali, and Pele in sports back then.

Today I watched the scene/film makers comments, just an amazing piece of film making, I would love to see the 5 hour version....

Last edited by RaceBlood; 08-22-2011 at 03:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #93
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Need to watch this again... I need my teery eyes and/or balling my eyes out session.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #94
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

This is why I love Virgin Atlantic. I flew into London yesterday and one of the chooseable inflight movies was Senna.

Watched it on my flight, confused the crap out of my sister, had an awesome time.

I almost lost it a few times, but I was really hoping that they would show more of the side of him helping Brazil instead of that passing mention and then the naming of his posthumous charity foundation.

I also had no idea that Prost was such a dick about everything when it came to Senna.

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #95
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I'm flying to Honolulu direct (11hrs) on Sat and am going to watch it again.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #96
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Thumbs up Senna film out on DVD in Germany!

Hi Guys,

Look what I got in the POST last week! I gotta say this film deserves a spot on every racing fans dvd library. WHAT a film! I bought it(2 disc dvd) on www.Amazon.de for 16 euros. They also have the blu-ray dvd as well.

Name:  IMG_8015.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  66.5 KB

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...keywords=senna
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #97
ziggomatic
Rep
Drives: N55

great film, wish it was released on DVD in the US already....
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #98
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggomatic View Post
great film, wish it was released on DVD in the US already....
You should buy a code-free dvd player - that is what I have. I have a Philips dvd player bc just about all thier models can be made code free. Walmart sells them for like $46 - I think.

Here is a great website... most of the time you just need to enter a special code or press certian remote buttons in a special sequence. You might just check your dvd model IF yours can be made to be "code free".

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #99
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Check out Formula1.com for new Senna dvd/Blu-Ray releases.
http://f1store.formula1.com/stores/f...aspx?pid=98272

Including a special edition.
http://f1store.formula1.com/stores/f...aspx?pid=98282
      10-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #100
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Gsus its 275 pounds!

Appreciate 0