E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > First World Problems

05-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #1849
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22
Had planned on going to Vietnam until I found out it's 95* every day with 90% humidity...having second thoughts now.
No shit. Same as Singapore. But Singapore is nice. I think Vietnam is rough because of no AC.
Vietnam has AC everywhere now. Funny thing is I was born there but don't remember it being that hot. I might just to go Cannes/Nice for a few days and then Austria. There is a film festival going on in Cannes.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #1850
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Houston was miserable in the summer. I hated it when folks I went out to dinner with decided to sit outside because "it's so nice out." 99F and 90% humidity IS NOT NICE. Nothing like trying to enjoy dinner with sweat dripping off your chin.

South Korea in the 70's was really bad, too. No a/c and no clothes dryers. Uniforms got moldy as hell. Nasty on the skin. Then it would get to -40F in the winter. Land of extremes.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #1851
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
I'm all for free speech but I absolutely hate when my chauffeur gives me attitude.
One more episode and he's fired,he's also my 20th this year.
It's hard to find good help these days
Back in 2007 I was young....we were having scotch after work (I don't like it but I'm the young kid so have to fit in). I offered the giant shrimp cocktail to the chauffeur, which he correctly declined. One of the managing directors saw me do it. It was the end of my career at that firm. I get that there is social strata but sometimes people are too serious with it.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #1852
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Amazing....

The landskeeper/gardner for our HOA came into the property at 1pm, and they are STILL working on it at 7:38PM.

Just by looking at them from 2nd floor, I think they will be here till 8:15pm.
I hear lots of commercial lawn mower motor running everywhere as I type.

At least they made the grass/tree/flowers look real nice at our neighborhood.)
      05-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #1853
GB-335xiCoupe
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 29k mi per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
How else am I supposed to flirt? Learn a new language? I don't have that kind of patience.

I don't think "Mi juevos es grande" would work too well. Maybe "El stroke-o my banana-o" would. Who knows. Guess its worth a shot.
Learn the language of love. And suckysuckyfivebucky
Maint: Walnut blast 101k, Trans/T-case Fluid 103k, OFHG 195k
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #1854
bmwmsport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
That's like every day in Mississippi, you'll get used to it.
+1 its so humid here that my car gets washed every day because of the water in the air, just to have the birds crap all over it
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #1855
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

South Korea between 50-79 was one of the poorest. Their GDP was lower than North Korea around 1968-72 ish.

Try Seoul now, it is funner than Hawaii+LasVegas combined. One think I hate that place the most is the traffic. I would rather live in a boring nowhere with no traffic, than top 5 densely populated cities int he world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Houston was miserable in the summer. I hated it when folks I went out to dinner with decided to sit outside because "it's so nice out." 99F and 90% humidity IS NOT NICE. Nothing like trying to enjoy dinner with sweat dripping off your chin.

South Korea in the 70's was really bad, too. No a/c and no clothes dryers. Uniforms got moldy as hell. Nasty on the skin. Then it would get to -40F in the winter. Land of extremes.
      05-20-2015, 09:09 PM   #1856
JerryDelXi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi, black, bone stock

Hell froze over and my girl is playing my ps4
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #1857
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelXi View Post
Every girl I've ever dated or been with has always been into video games. Given, I'm only 22, but still.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #1858
JerryDelXi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr
Quote:
Every girl I've ever dated or been with has always been into video games. Given, I'm only 22, but still.
I'm only 24 and I've never had that perk.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #1859
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess it really depends on the type of people you surround yourself with. I generally go for girls with very similar interests and personalities to mine. Most of my best friends are female, as well.

One of my best friend's Instagram/Twitter/XBL description simply reads, "I like video games and Taco Bell".
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 12:44 PM   #1860
JerryDelXi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I guess it really depends on the type of people you surround yourself with. I generally go for girls with very similar interests and personalities to mine. Most of my best friends are female, as well.

One of my best friend's Instagram/Twitter/XBL description simply reads, "I like video games and Taco Bell".
I want some Taco Bell now.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #1861
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Me too. .__.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #1862
JerryDelXi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Me too. .__.
Now THAT is a first world problem!

/thread

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 03:52 AM   #1863
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

I guess the coffee does effect me. I thought it did not. I can't sleep right now, and watching CNBC Eu. Too much free refills at Starbucks.
      05-22-2015, 11:25 PM   #1864
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

My wife used to play video games, but now she's addicted to phone games. This new One Piece game takes up much of her time.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #1865
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker
My wife used to play video games, but now she's addicted to phone games. This new One Piece game takes up much of her time.
One Piece = Tinder?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #1866
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Here is my First World Problem I have been dealing with. My current lease will be up in Feb 2015, and I am already building my next BMW. I have been to a couple dealerships to do some eyes on comparisons, and I know my next car will be an X6. Having a hard time choosing between a 50i M Sport, or a full X6M though. Tough choice, indeed. lol

Here is where my problem comes in. My GC has 3 bubbles in the front driver's side Run Flat Tire. Other than that, all of my tires are in great shape (except for the fact that they are Run Flats, which experience has tought me to NEVER do that again). I don't want to buy new tires for a car that I don't drive that often, especially since the season came around a couple months ago, I use the bike for most of my traveling. I know driving on a tire with bubbles can be dangerous, but I dont want to buy 4 new tires now, then end up having to buy another set when it's time to turn in the lease for my next BMW this coming winter. I can buy one new tire to replace the bubbled up one, but then the GC might drive awkwardly with the other 3 tires that have 19,500 miles on them, just enough tread wear to probably feel the difference with the new one combined with the old ones.

Basically, I don't want to spend money on tires. Not too excited on spending money on an outgoing car because I am already saving my pennies for my next car.

What do you guys think? Should I just replace the damaged tire and rock on?

Should I just replace all 4 tires, and hope I don't have to buy ANOTHER full set when it's time to turn the car in?

Or should I just drive it until the wheels fall off, (literally) then replace the tires when I turn in the car for my next ride?

What are your experiences with turning in a lease with the original tires from the day you drove the car off the lot?
      05-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #1867
GB-335xiCoupe
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 29k mi per year.

Plugged the toilet this morning...
Maint: Walnut blast 101k, Trans/T-case Fluid 103k, OFHG 195k
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:27 AM   #1868
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Here is my First World Problem I have been dealing with. My current lease will be up in Feb 2015, and I am already building my next BMW. I have been to a couple dealerships to do some eyes on comparisons, and I know my next car will be an X6. Having a hard time choosing between a 50i M Sport, or a full X6M though. Tough choice, indeed. lol

Here is where my problem comes in. My GC has 3 bubbles in the front driver's side Run Flat Tire. Other than that, all of my tires are in great shape (except for the fact that they are Run Flats, which experience has tought me to NEVER do that again). I don't want to buy new tires for a car that I don't drive that often, especially since the season came around a couple months ago, I use the bike for most of my traveling. I know driving on a tire with bubbles can be dangerous, but I dont want to buy 4 new tires now, then end up having to buy another set when it's time to turn in the lease for my next BMW this coming winter. I can buy one new tire to replace the bubbled up one, but then the GC might drive awkwardly with the other 3 tires that have 19,500 miles on them, just enough tread wear to probably feel the difference with the new one combined with the old ones.

Basically, I don't want to spend money on tires. Not too excited on spending money on an outgoing car because I am already saving my pennies for my next car.

Should I just replace all 4 tires, and hope I don't have to buy ANOTHER full set when it's time to turn the car in?

Or should I just drive it until the wheels fall off, (literally) then replace the tires when I turn in the car for my next ride?

What are your experiences with turning in a lease with the original tires from the day you drove the car off the lot?
I had to make that decision with my Z4. Left front had a defect which the dealer replaced, but they wouldn't replace both fronts, so I sprang for the other tire. It was worth it to keep the balance right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-335xiCoupe View Post
Not so much a FWP. Now if you broke the bidet...

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #1869
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

I had to make that decision with my Z4. Left front had a defect which the dealer replaced, but they wouldn't replace both fronts, so I sprang for the other tire. It was worth it to keep the balance right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-335xiCoupe View Post
Not so much a FWP. Now if you broke the bidet...
Good advice! Thanks. I can just replace both front tires. Great idea.
      05-24-2015, 12:00 PM   #1870
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Didn't cook food at home so had to order Swiss Chalet to work...nom nom nom
Appreciate 0