E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Money problem. With your friends or girl. how do you handle it?

09-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #23
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt1811
like Pac said, keep ya head up, im sure some honest people will walk into your life soon!
Ha Not to get off the subject, but man I wish Tupac and west coast gangsta rap was still around! That was the only genre of rap I actually loved. Personally I hate this whole hip hop thing...I mean how many times can you sing about your car and crib and all that other bling bling crap.

Now "Ain't nuttin' but a G thang" "Hit 'em up" "Krazy" "It was a good day" "Gin and juice"...now they were classics!!! Tupac, Ice Cube, Snoop D-O-double G, Dr. Dre...gotta love them!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2005, 02:50 PM   #24
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Ha Not to get off the subject, but man I wish Tupac and west coast gangsta rap was still around! That was the only genre of rap I actually loved. Personally I hate this whole hip hop thing...I mean how many times can you sing about your car and crib and all that other bling bling crap.

Now "Ain't nuttin' but a G thang" "Hit 'em up" "Krazy" "It was a good day" "Gin and juice"...now they were classics!!! Tupac, Ice Cube, Snoop D-O-double G, Dr. Dre...gotta love them!
Hahah i have 3 older brothers, so whenever i was with them, all i heard was NWA, Eazy E, Dr dre, Cypress Hill..etc. I didnt get into tupac until about a year or 2 ago, and ever since.. man hes just one of the best rappers.. Its all bout life.
      09-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #25
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

The only rap group I ever listened to was the 2 Live Crew....
because they were hilarious.........otherwise....rap
      09-28-2005, 09:05 AM   #26
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
its better not to lend money cos then it gets to awkward situations
      09-29-2005, 04:03 AM   #27
Kurupt1811
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183

Krazy is my all time favorite Tupac song followed closely by Starin Thru My Rearview". As amazing as Pac was at gangsta rap I think he was even better at making deep intellectual songs about life. there are just so many positive messages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Hahah i have 3 older brothers, so whenever i was with them, all i heard was NWA, Eazy E, Dr dre, Cypress Hill..etc. I didnt get into tupac until about a year or 2 ago, and ever since.. man hes just one of the best rappers.. Its all bout life.
hahaha no doubt! Bella, you have some impeccable taste in music!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2005, 01:17 PM   #28
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

No, they never forget, they're just hoping you will.

When I lend money to my friends, I let them know that I won't forget, because I write it down in my little notebook. I also badger them if they "forget"; it may seem a little parsimonious, but I always get my money back.

It depends on the amount though, $5-$20 loans usually recirculate in our circle anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #29
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt1811
hahaha no doubt! Bella, you have some impeccable taste in music!
Ya i got a lil thug in me.. Ha...
      09-29-2005, 03:41 PM   #30
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Man, you guys are so lucky. I wish I lived in California.

I love Cali like I love woman
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #31
btc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06/330i/SB/TERA/AL

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Ok, let me begin with saying, $$$ PROBLEM SUCKS!!

How do you guys deal with money issues or deals with your
girlfriend or very close friends?

Like when you let them borrow money and they don't pay you back.
or they forgot about it. but you really need it back, but you are afraid
to ask for it because you might be treated as a "greedy guy/gal".

Like when they only remember how much they let you borrow,
but they don't remember how much you let them borrow..

or ANYTHING. god, I hate dealing with $$$ crap when it comes
down to close relationship people. I know its smart not to begin
at all, but there are times when you have NO choice..

Sorry to hear you go thru this. I was in the same situation at onetime. You are not be treated as greedy, it your money to beging with, you work hard for it, get it back. Good luck........
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #32
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Ya i got a lil thug in me.. Ha...
What's his name? Does he know you refer to him as little?
      09-30-2005, 01:56 AM   #33
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercat
What's his name? Does he know you refer to him as little?
Hahah i was waiting for a response like this..
      08-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #34
sungmin
playing the field
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Lunch is for Wimps

its not good to lend anyone money, even your family. Once you do, they will never look at you the same and will always rely on you to save their financial problems. I've had shit snowball on me so much I lent my brother 20 bucks 5 years ago and that turned into 70k because he started getting hungry with gambling problems and basically started stealing from me.

NEVER lend money to anyone. NOT even your gf/bf. If they cannot respect that, then you shouldnt be around them. Sure youll be alone sometimes like these guys mention in prior posts, but at least they avoid the drama.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #35
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

I agree with alot of the above posters above, any money I lend out to a real friend, I don't really care if I get it back, though I very rarely lend out that much money. It's usually spotting someone for drinks or dinner, stuff like that. BTW, Don't these people have credit cards? That's kinda what they're for. Anything beyond what a credit card can get you sounds like loan time to me.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #36
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
I've never loaned out a significant amount of money to a friend.

My biggest problem with friends and money are the ones that sit there and let people pick up tabs and rounds of drinks but never reciprocate. I hate hate hate freeloaders and/or cheapskates.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #37
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
when i give/buy stuff for friends i make sure they know its either a gift or i'm wanting money back. if the person forgot that they borrowed money from you, and you were expecting it back then you should remind somebody. if the friend is a good friend they would understand your concern... i mean sure you might say that if U were a good friend you would wait for them to kindly tell you that he/she will pay you back soon or something along those lines but if they forget... remind em.

if you need money, then its time for them to help you back... it shouldnt be like "i did this for you, so you have to do this for me"... it should be more like... "i need help, will you help me"

iono if i was clear but thats how i feel. i rarely give friends money cause my friends are somewhat wealthy and stingy. so yeah...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #38
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
but when your friend goes, "hey man, I really wanted to buy this, or I really
needed this, can you please please let me borrow some money?
I'll pay you right back."

How can you say NO! in this situation to your friend.. I can't do it.
Unless I really don't have any money.
You have to say 'no' unless the amount is mice nuts or you know this person has your back...and you will find out if he really is a friend...I have never asked or been asked to borrow big money from any of my 'real' friends...it just isn't cool to do...way too awkward.

Example of 'real' friends...we go back every fall for a Purdue football game...I buy the game tix and give to everybody (loan)...without a word being spoken everybody else pays me back in another way...whether it is them driving down...buying tailgate food/booze...dinner at night...these are 'real' friends, the ones you don't have to worry about jobbing you.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #39
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
I've never loaned out a significant amount of money to a friend.

My biggest problem with friends and money are the ones that sit there and let people pick up tabs and rounds of drinks but never reciprocate. I hate hate hate freeloaders and/or cheapskates.
I hate this too...I remember being in SoCal right out of college and going to happy hours with people from the office...well, just because I hate awkwardness and appearing cheap to the waitress I'd buy the first round...sometimes with over 10 people...fully expecting to be taken care of as the night went on but invariably 3-4 would leave after the first drink...another couple after the second and my 'real' friend and I would get hosed by picking up the first couple rounds...it drove me nuts people had no qualms about leaving...no can I get one for you before I leave or whatever...and no remembering the next time either...plus my friend and I were $4 beer drinkers and got shafted for their $8 premium drinks...well it didn't take long for me to just go to the bar and buy my own and when the waitress came around I could just say I was OK...people are cheap ba$tards!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #40
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
I don't lend my friends money... it's that simple. If we go out for drinks or something, I have no problem picking up the first round, because I know they'll grab the next one. But as for just lending them some cash, not a chance in hell.

The only person I ever loan money to is my gf, and that's after 3 years. Even then, I think $500 or so is the most she's borrowed, and we set up a payment plan each time I loan her money.
      08-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #41
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I generally don't lend money to friends. But if a friend didn't pay me back, I really wouldn't consider that person a friend. You could also go the Stewie route:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP3F5S_ECbQ
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #42
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Here's a few points on lending money.

Never loan out an amount you can't live without.

Set up a payment plan. Who ever borrows money should pay you back, or if they can't. They should at least communicate with you about why they can't. Anything less is disrespectful.

Everyone owes money to someone. If you own a home, a car, whatever. What ever the financial institute is, they expect to get paid back their loan, and you're no different in that respect. Plus financial institutions charge interest.

If a friend can't pay you back, just write it off and don't lend them money again. Period!

But remember this, you became friends for a reason and just because they're bad with their finances doesn't mean they're a bad person.

Also remember, sometimes we out grow friendships.

Last two points, but not least.

1. Count your blessings that you're the one who can lend the money and you're not the one in need of financial assistance.

2. You get what you give! Trust me on this one!
      08-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #43
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD
I generally don't lend money to friends. But if a friend didn't pay me back, I really wouldn't consider that person a friend. You could also go the Stewie route:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP3F5S_ECbQ
LOL I freain love that video man
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #44
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

a very good simple advice that ive heard is just not to loan money. what you can do is just tell the person that you dont loan money and you'll just give them some amount that you have that you can afford to give away.

and yes. its always better to be the fortunate one who can give some.

there's a bad karma and a good karma.