E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Environment

View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 31 60.78%
No 15 29.41%
Styrofoam for Everyone! 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

09-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #23
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER11 View Post
WOW... just WOW.

You would drive a VW, wouldn't you. Why are you in Texas, California would be a much better place for someone like you... or Pandora.
Eh? I picked the best car that I could get for my budget for university. I don't see how what I drive is relevant. I wish I could be in an E46 M3, but I am not that far along yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
I like you.
You took my exact sentiments and worded it perfectly. I hope one day we will both make a difference, however small it may be, to this place we call earth.

I too agree that our society's political, legal and economic system will break down somewhere in the future, only to be replaced by a bigger and better world-governing body. A new world order is in store for us...

Quote:
I was driving in my F-250 diesel the other day and came up on this prius with hippie and tree hugger stickers all over the back of it. I pulled up next to him and noticed his window was down, I then punched the throttle and watched his car fill with thick black smoke in my rear view mirror... He sure was pissed but couldn't catch up to me because...well...he was driving a stupid prius. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and just thought I would share.
Meh...as much as I hate Prius' for being useless-environmentally-unfriendly-hippy cars, I must say I also hate you dickheads that drive around in your trucks spewing black smoke everywhere. And even more so the people that have a truck but don't actually use the truck bed for anything worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #24
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

I love you tree huggers.. you keep the value of recycled paper high! Btw, those environmentally friendly lightbulbs you see advertisements for are the least cost effective invention in the last 20 years. I love the reaction I get when I tell people it is illegal to throw them in the garbage with their normal waste and they need to pay an EXORBITANT fee to recycle them. 30 lightbulbs, avg cost to purchase $30.00 ... Avg cost to recycle 40 bulbs $150.00 - $225.00. As a little side note as well, the amount of mercury in a fluorescent bulb compared to incandescent ones... Wanna venture a guess? Try 50 to 100 times more... So you save energy and don't have to replace your lightbulbs as much. Great, right? Wrong, now you have just introduced more mercury to landfills than has ever been seen in human history. Thanks tree huggers!

Don't even get me started that you tree hugging hippies made Al Gore one of the richest men in the world. He sells imaginary carbon credits. Gimme a fucking break. I am on the frontlines of recycling and honestly it is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever.

San Francisco is so proud of what they have done in their city with waste streams. Yet they destroyed 30 companies in the process and now have 1 company handling every scrap of waste in the whole city. That's right a complete monopoly. People are getting price gouged and don't even know it, because they don't have any other options for waste removal. Not even 1800 got junk can get into San Fran.

Last edited by NYCGarbagePrince; 09-15-2010 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #25
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Eh? I picked the best car that I could get for my budget for university. I don't see how what I drive is relevant. I wish I could be in an E46 M3, but I am not that far along yet.

Meh...as much as I hate Prius' for being useless-environmentally-unfriendly-hippy cars, I must say I also hate you dickheads that drive around in your trucks spewing black smoke everywhere. And even more so the people that have a truck but don't actually use the truck bed for anything worthwhile.
Yep, I don't think I have a scratch in the bed of my truck and never really used the 4 wheel drive either.

What in the hell are those nut bag liberal professors teaching you at SMU(I'm guessing). Brain washing you into thinking that a one world government is good idea or even feasible.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #26
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

monster is a typical texan lol
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #27
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
Yep, I don't think I have a scratch in the bed of my truck and never really used the 4 wheel drive either.

What in the hell are those nut bag liberal professors teaching you at SMU(I'm guessing). Brain washing you into thinking that a one world government is good idea or even feasible.
I hate people who have trucks that don't even us them for their purpose. Completely moronic. I get so sick of the rednecks in this state and their lifted trucks.

I go to A&M, not SMU. Maybe government wasn't the right word, maybe organization would be better. It is definitely possible, however many changes would have to be made. Obviously, it is not possible in the current world we live in. As I expressed earlier, there are too many selfish politicians or corrupt leaders. All of those people would need to be done away with or removed from their positions. If for example it is Kim Jong Il (spelling?) then just put a bullet in his head, I don't care, I just know it would be for the better of everyone. Also, countries would need to have the mindset of future-proofing the Earth and our species, making life better for everyone, and thus we must all work together at full capacity if we are to achieve this.

That's all for now, gotta go to class. Sorry for any typos... on my phone.

Last edited by DougLikesBMW; 09-15-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #28
blueshark
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "transportation" for now

What's up with this Monster11 foo?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #29
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I hate people who have trucks that don't even us them for their purpose. Completely moronic. I get so sick of the rednecks in this state and their lifted trucks.

I go to A&M, not SMU. Maybe government wasn't the right word, maybe organization would be better. It is definitely possible, however many changes would have to be made. Obviously, it is not possible in the current world we live in. As I expressed earlier, there are too many selfish politicians or corrupt leaders. All of those people would need to be done away with or removed from their positions. If for example it is Kim Jong Il (spelling?) then just put a bullet in his head, I don't care, I just know it would be for the better of everyone. Also, countries would need to have the mindset of future-proofing the Earth and our species, making life better for everyone, and thus we must all work together at full capacity if we are to achieve this.

That's all for now, gotta go to class. Sorry for any typos... on my phone.
I guess it really doesn't matter because you would have to have a world full of "left" thinking people, which will never happen, Thank God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark View Post
What's up with this Monster11 foo?
Are you following me??? I'm sorry I don't agree with you that someone should have control of every point of our lives... I don't see why people can't just take care of their own shit. I don't give a shit about some poor peice of shit fucker on welfare, it's not my problem. I'm just rambling now, so I'm going to go...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #30
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I guess it really doesn't matter because you would have to have a world full of "left" thinking people, which will never happen, Thank God.

Are you following me??? I'm sorry I don't agree with you that someone should have control of every point of our lives... I don't see why people can't just take care of their own shit. I don't give a shit about some poor peice of shit fucker on welfare, it's not my problem. I'm just rambling now, so I'm going to go...
Don't forget your tinfoil hat
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #31
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Doug... please read this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Shrugged...4641979&sr=8-1

perhaps the idea that selfishness is the root of all evil will seem a bit less credible. You need selfish people in this world. If we lived in a utopian society nothing would get done. Everyone would depend on others to do it for them, and there would be no competition. Competition breeds innovation.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #32
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
Don't forget your tinfoil hat
Damn, I left it at your mom's house... She likes it when I...oh nevermind. Will you pick it up for me? If you can climb off of Gore's "north pole", of course. jk, but seriously... let me know if you find it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #33
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
I love you tree huggers.. you keep the value of recycled paper high! Btw, those environmentally friendly lightbulbs you see advertisements for are the least cost effective invention in the last 20 years. I love the reaction I get when I tell people it is illegal to throw them in the garbage with their normal waste and they need to pay an EXORBITANT fee to recycle them. 30 lightbulbs, avg cost to purchase $30.00 ... Avg cost to recycle 40 bulbs $150.00 - $225.00. As a little side note as well, the amount of mercury in a fluorescent bulb compared to incandescent ones... Wanna venture a guess? Try 50 to 100 times more... So you save energy and don't have to replace your lightbulbs as much. Great, right? Wrong, now you have just introduced more mercury to landfills than has ever been seen in human history. Thanks tree huggers!

Don't even get me started that you tree hugging hippies made Al Gore one of the richest men in the world. He sells imaginary carbon credits. Gimme a fucking break. I am on the frontlines of recycling and honestly it is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever.

San Francisco is so proud of what they have done in their city with waste streams. Yet they destroyed 30 companies in the process and now have 1 company handling every scrap of waste in the whole city. That's right a complete monopoly. People are getting price gouged and don't even know it, because they don't have any other options for waste removal. Not even 1800 got junk can get into San Fran.
what about LED bulbs?
any tips for people who actually want to recycle right?
      09-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #34
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

My car gets 12 mpg combined city/highway.

LAWL.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #35
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Someone want to tell me why Antarctica is getting larger? I mean I know people want to keep talking about Greenland because it helps put asses in priuses and money in Gore's pocket. But if the world was getting warmer, why is it actually getting colder? And why is the continent of Antarctica getting larger? That wouldn't make sense based on IPCC's beliefs, would it? Keep drinking the Kool-aid, hippies.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #36
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
what about LED bulbs?
any tips for people who actually want to recycle right?
Absolutely, I can forward you the address of some E-Waste recycling programs that will send you a bucket for like $100.00. You fill the bucket with burnt out LEDs and they send you back a certificate.

They take the LEDs and crush them into tiny little bits while a vacuum sucks all of the nasty stuff into a coal filtration unit and then a hepa filter. I have installed a couple of the actual machines in some of the larger office buildings in NYC to deal with the 1000's of bulbs they dispose of a month. Pretty cool lil contraption.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #37
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
People like you are what's holding us back.

Quote:
Doug... please read this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Shrugged...4641979&sr=8-1

perhaps the idea that selfishness is the root of all evil will seem a bit less credible. You need selfish people in this world. If we lived in a utopian society nothing would get done. Everyone would depend on others to do it for them, and there would be no competition. Competition breeds innovation.
Downloading the ebook now... I realize that competition breeds innovation. There is nothing wrong with some selfishness. What I was referring to was the politicians we have today.

I definitely disagree with your statement that nothing would get done in a utopian society. If anything, more would get done. Efficiency would go through the roof.

Quote:
Absolutely, I can forward you the address of some E-Waste recycling programs that will send you a bucket for like $100.00. You fill the bucket with burnt out LEDs and they send you back a certificate.

They take the LEDs and crush them into tiny little bits while a vacuum sucks all of the nasty stuff into a coal filtration unit and then a hepa filter. I have installed a couple of the actual machines in some of the larger office buildings in NYC to deal with the 1000's of bulbs they dispose of a month. Pretty cool lil contraption.
Now that is cool.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #38
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Damn, I left it at your mom's house... She likes it when I...oh nevermind. Will you pick it up for me? If you can climb off of Gore's "north pole", of course. jk, but seriously... let me know if you find it.

i hate gore
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #39
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark View Post
Very sad, some of the opinions out there. Humans have advanced to the point that we can destroy all life on earth. At the same time, many among us don't comprehend that it's happening right now, or don't care. Our need for short term gain is a seemingly uncontrollable monster.
That's why SkyNet wants to kill all of us first...
      09-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #40
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post

i hate gore
Me too!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #41
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=DougLikesBMW;8010003]People like you are what's holding us back.
QUOTE]

Holding you back from what... the progressive movement. Doug might like BMW but wants us all to drive a Chevy Volt...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #42
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:

Most people use fluorescent bulb because it "use" less electricity and cost them less on electricity bill. I don't think that much when I pick up some light bulbs, plus when I moved to a new home, local supermarkets just give them out free. That was the main reason to use them. Everything is all down to one cause - cost.

carbon credits or whatever airline sells you 50 cents per mile for carbon footprint off set...that piss me off somewhat....tree huggers should starting to kill off all cattles as their fart contains more methane than a Land Rover (according to Top Gear! ).....

aw shit nevermind....we'll just go back to our caves and back to stoneage....
      09-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #43
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
People like you are what's holding us back.
Holding you back from what... the progressive movement. Doug might like BMW but wants us all to drive a Chevy Volt...
Notsureifsrs.

Chevy Volt is retarded.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #44
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:

Appreciate 0