E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > "Refreshing" my 07 335i

09-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
cjbroom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sport Premium

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
"Refreshing" my 07 335i

Hey guys, I have been a reader of these forums for quite some time, as I have always loved the E90.

Back in April I picked up a pre-owned 2007 335i (still under factory warranty... and in beautiful condition I might add).

A few days ago I had a minor fender bender (purely cosmetic... trailer hitch through the passenger side of the front bumper) and instead of putting the stock bumper back on, I have been toying with the idea of getting the M Tech bumper put on.

After that (and once I save up a little more cash) I am going to complete the M Tech aerodynamic kit and was thinking of adding the more aggressive looking rear diffuser that is made by Duke Dynamics (I think).

I have also been toying with the idea of doing the following:

- CSL bootlid (painted to match the body)
- Blackline tail lights
- Either the Lux 5.0 or the Duke Dynamics crystal white LED angel eye mod
- The DRL harness mod to make the angel eyes become the DRLs
- 3D Stuide Lip for the M Tech bumper

Does anyone have any experience with the above mods... i.e. suggesetions, places to purchase (I'm in US-Georgia)?

I'm particularly interested in manufacturers for the CSL bootlid, and people's experiences with the Lux 5.0 and the Duke Dynamics angel eyes, as well as the mod that makes the angel eyes DRLs (I know there are a few different harnesses out there that do this... opinions?)

Also, if anyone has any suggestions about getting rid of the amber in the headlights, it would be much appreciated... I have looked into the ambergones, but there are mixed reviews on them...

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Zasquatch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbroom View Post
Hey guys, I have been a reader of these forums for quite some time, as I have always loved the E90.

Back in April I picked up a pre-owned 2007 335i (still under factory warranty... and in beautiful condition I might add).

A few days ago I had a minor fender bender (purely cosmetic... trailer hitch through the passenger side of the front bumper) and instead of putting the stock bumper back on, I have been toying with the idea of getting the M Tech bumper put on.

After that (and once I save up a little more cash) I am going to complete the M Tech aerodynamic kit and was thinking of adding the more aggressive looking rear diffuser that is made by Duke Dynamics (I think).

I have also been toying with the idea of doing the following:

- CSL bootlid (painted to match the body)
- Blackline tail lights
- Either the Lux 5.0 or the Duke Dynamics crystal white LED angel eye mod
- The DRL harness mod to make the angel eyes become the DRLs
- 3D Stuide Lip for the M Tech bumper

Does anyone have any experience with the above mods... i.e. suggesetions, places to purchase (I'm in US-Georgia)?

I'm particularly interested in manufacturers for the CSL bootlid, and people's experiences with the Lux 5.0 and the Duke Dynamics angel eyes, as well as the mod that makes the angel eyes DRLs (I know there are a few different harnesses out there that do this... opinions?)

Also, if anyone has any suggestions about getting rid of the amber in the headlights, it would be much appreciated... I have looked into the ambergones, but there are mixed reviews on them...

Thanks in advance!
I just picked up a 2007 335i a few weeks ago.. Barely driven it though - it's at the dealership getting two brand new turbos on BMW's coin... I can't argue with that!

The first thing I did was get the DAEOS wiring harness from JleviSW. Installation was a breeze and it works great. Only throws a code when you put it in "parking lights" mode, but I keep it on "auto" or "on" so that really doesn't bother me.

I also ordered the LUX 5.1's from namotorsports.net but they are backordered and expected to ship the first week of October... They have gotten great reviews though, so I am hoping they are worth the hype.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
cjbroom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
I just picked up a 2007 335i a few weeks ago.. Barely driven it though - it's at the dealership getting two brand new turbos on BMW's coin... I can't argue with that!

The first thing I did was get the DAEOS wiring harness from JleviSW. Installation was a breeze and it works great. Only throws a code when you put it in "parking lights" mode, but I keep it on "auto" or "on" so that really doesn't bother me.

I also ordered the LUX 5.1's from namotorsports.net but they are backordered and expected to ship the first week of October... They have gotten great reviews though, so I am hoping they are worth the hype.
Yeah, I've had a bit of work done as well, all under warranty of course

Let me know if you notice any fluttering or "bouncing" of your adaptive headlights when hitting small rough patches in the road (even on the highway)

It's been something I have been trying to get BMW to fix ever since I got the car but they keep giving me this "working as desinged" or "unable to reproduce" BS...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
WSTO in IL for everything, particularly the 3D lip.

They are on the Forum....dave@wsto
      09-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

You have quite a solid list there. They are pretty popular mods so you can search around for other's experiences but we can help out with the majority of those parts.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

For the rear bumper, if you're considering changing it, I would look at the M Sport Rear with the 335is Performance Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Good job on turning lemons into lemonade! I am thinking of 'refreshing' my 07, even though I haven't been hit by anything yet!
      09-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
If the car in your avatar is yours then I def recommend going with blacklines (oem) with sparkling graphite. I was torn for the longest time but finally figured to try em out so bought a set used as they seem to hold their value as they are always in demand. I threw them on and was pretty impressed, then finally sealed the deal when a car with my identical exterior (SGM 335 ZSP) parked right next to me and coming back to my car I was amazed at how much better I preferred the blacklines

Just my 2c on the blacklines mod
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFV335i View Post
WSTO in IL for everything, particularly the 3D lip.

They are on the Forum....dave@wsto

These guys will certainly take care of you and work with you to choose the right path/parts and make sure you'll be happy with the result
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
cjbroom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
Good job on turning lemons into lemonade! I am thinking of 'refreshing' my 07, even though I haven't been hit by anything yet!
Yeah... I was the "at fault" driver... but let's put it this way... the other guy shouldn't have even been on the road. The identification he gave to the officer was some foreign (Mexican?) ID card, an expired passport, and a sketchy looking insurance card from a company that I have never, ever heard of. The officer then ran the guy's information and took him into custody. He then told me that he couldn't find any proof that the guy was a legal resident of the US and definitely shouldn't have been driving. The guy's trailer hitch pierced the bumper but that was the extent of the damage more or less. That's what happens when a guy stands on his brakes at a yield sign when there is no car in front of him and no oncoming traffic on the cross street... Yield = Caution... NOT STOP.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
cjbroom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
If the car in your avatar is yours then I def recommend going with blacklines (oem) with sparkling graphite. I was torn for the longest time but finally figured to try em out so bought a set used as they seem to hold their value as they are always in demand. I threw them on and was pretty impressed, then finally sealed the deal when a car with my identical exterior (SGM 335 ZSP) parked right next to me and coming back to my car I was amazed at how much better I preferred the blacklines

Just my 2c on the blacklines mod
Yeah... That's my girl in my avatar... the only woman in my life that doesn't bitch, moan, and complain! Other than my lovely mother, of course!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #12
cjbroom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
P.S. - I'm trying to upload a picture of Bumper VS. Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
Alexm007
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3, 09 E70,07 E92 335i

I took a look at the blackline lights for the e90, they look awesome! I was bummed to hear that they are "only available for e90?"

At least thats what I read on a few other posts. I would be interested to hear where people found them for their e92 coupe. I also read that it's a good first mod, which would be appropriate, since my car is stock now.

Alex

Current: 2019 G01 X3
Before that: 2009 e70 X5
Before that: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe - ZSP
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

I wanna buy blacklines. Who sells oem ones. Also, are depos darker than oem?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #15
cjbroom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post
I wanna buy blacklines. Who sells oem ones. Also, are depos darker than oem?
Personally, I'm going to stick to the OEM tails. I am also reconsidering the CLS bootlid. I just feel like the options out there are a little too pricey for what they are. I mean, it looks badass... but I'm already going to be dropping serious cash for the rest of the mods...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #16
cjbroom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Also, the blacklines are supposed to have amber turn signals, right? Anyone?
Appreciate 0