E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Contact Lenses

10-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #23
nicosusername
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Ive worn them for years.. Wearing them now actually. I can take them out without a mirror but cant put them in. What SUCKS is being a girl I wear eye make up. If a tiny piece of makeup gets into my eye its OUCH!!!!!!!!
you're a girl?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #24
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslickak View Post
I would suggest NOT putting them in after showering. I put them in before. Just don't get water in your eyes in the shower.

When I would put them in after showering: A. my eyes would be too dry and B. it actually would sting a little due to my fingers having soap residue or something on them.

Just stick with it and soon enough it will be second nature. The wetness thing is key. If your eyes and the lenses are wet enough, then you should just be able to barely touch the lenses to the eyeball and it will kind of just suck itself into place.
I disagree about before showering. A lot of people shower as soon as they wake up. I use that time to get all the "sleep" out of my eyes. And I don't put them in immediately out of the shower. I let some of the heat and steam leave the bathroom and get ready before I put in my contacts.

I've been putting (contact safe) eye drops in my eyes before I put the lenses in. Notice a slight improvement in eye dryness. Optive was recommended by my eye doctor. As well as a "Stay away from Visine and Clear Eyes."
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #25
LTO
Optometrist Prime
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I disagree about before showering. A lot of people shower as soon as they wake up. I use that time to get all the "sleep" out of my eyes. And I don't put them in immediately out of the shower. I let some of the heat and steam leave the bathroom and get ready before I put in my contacts.

I've been putting (contact safe) eye drops in my eyes before I put the lenses in. Notice a slight improvement in eye dryness. Optive was recommended by my eye doctor. As well as a "Stay away from Visine and Clear Eyes."
I would also disagree about putting on your contacts before showering. If you shower right after you get up in the morning, you should let your eyes breath. Plus showering with contacts can dehydrate them a little. Have you ever tried removing contacts after showering? When I try, they're usually stuck more than usual onto my eye. Can possibly cause an abrasion if you work too hard to loosen them.

Also make sure that the contact is closer to the tip of your finger and only touching the center of the lens when you put them on. If it is laying on the side then it will not stay on your eye. Dry fingers are better. Make sure you old both the upper and lower lids to prevent blinking and popping the lens out of your eye.
      10-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #26
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92to997 View Post
you're a girl?
No Im not.... idiot
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #27
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
lol
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #28
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
First of all I am Asian and small eyes are at a disadvantage compared to all you lucky mofos with big eyes. With that being said here is my method which worked for me. I had trouble the first week, but it will get easier. I still have to try a couple times once in a while, but the key is to have certain fingers dry and not wet so you can keep open the eyelid. I'll try to give you a step by step guide and hopefully it works. Maybe someone already posted this in the posts above mine but i'm too lazy to read all the previous posts.

1) Take out the contact lense (right or left it dont matter). Put it in the palm of your left hand.

2) Pour some solution on the lense to clean them as directed in the instructions of the bottle or optometrist. I prefer the no rub solutions b/c they are more lubricated and requires less rubbing when cleaning the lense. Oh by the way even though it says no rub solution, you still need to rub them to clean it.

3) Take your right index finger to rub and clean your lense. Make sure you keep your right middle finger and left index finger dry. (you'll need them to keep your eyelids open)

4) Rinse the lense one last time with the solution w/out rubbing them.

5) Pick up the contact lense with your right index finger and make sure it is not flipped inside out.

6) Take your left index finger (which should be dry) and lift your eyelid upward and take your right MIDDLE finger to pull DOWN on lower part of the eye, thus creating some room to use your right index finger that is holding the lense and placing the contact on your eyeball.

7) Make sure you have the contact lense nice and lubricated so that once part of the lense touches your eye even if it's not centered, it will shift automatically to the correct position after a couple blinks.

8) use the same technique for the other eye. Sometimes when it takes me a couple tries it's b/c my eye lashes are blocking the lense.

9) If you fail after a couple of attempts, re lubricate the contact lense before trying again or else it'll sting like a mofo once inserted onto your eyeball.

10) if you are left handed, then i guess it's vice versa to everything i said.

Good luck and congratulations on passing contact lense installation 101
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #29
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
oh and when you want to remove them, and they are soft contact lense, just take your index finger and thumb to pinch that bish out and put them in the solution and container and you're ready to do it again the next morning.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #30
em2b96p
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: cbr600rr

ask your opt about RGP lenses. i have been wearing them since i was 16 and now im 23. they are supposed to be healthier because they slide on your eye and allow air and fluid to pass behind it. also the clarity and sharpness is better than soft lenses.

i absolutly love them. easy in easy out and easy care. if i get irritated all i do is pop them out and rinse them under plain water then reinsert!

the only downside is losing a lens since you only have one pair.

i have been ordering my lenses from www.aclens.com and they range anywhere from 30-80 a lens. Pretty damn cheap if you ask me. i personally use the optima extra, which cost 34 a lens i believe.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #31
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Great Advice Guys!!!

Thanks to everybody!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 02:08 AM   #32
nicosusername
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
No Im not.... idiot
its called sarcasm.... idiot
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 02:49 AM   #33
m2kev
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

It became second nature for me, I was exactly how what you are at now. After a few weeks it became a lot easier, and now I don't even think when I put in my lens, its an automatic thing. to think back I have never messed up or dropped my lens, or had it popped out in the last two years... lol

practice makes perfect!
      10-31-2008, 09:59 AM   #34
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
ask your opt about RGP lenses. i have been wearing them since i was 16 and now im 23. they are supposed to be healthier because they slide on your eye and allow air and fluid to pass behind it. also the clarity and sharpness is better than soft lenses.

i absolutly love them. easy in easy out and easy care. if i get irritated all i do is pop them out and rinse them under plain water then reinsert!

the only downside is losing a lens since you only have one pair.

i have been ordering my lenses from www.aclens.com and they range anywhere from 30-80 a lens. Pretty damn cheap if you ask me. i personally use the optima extra, which cost 34 a lens i believe.
They have a lot of lenses like that now.

I'm actually considering of going against the grain next year and trying out hard contact lenses. I've talked to people with similar allergies and astigmatism like me (not bad enough to qualify for the soft lenses) and they've said they work a lot better for them.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #35
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
this is just like walking, riding bike, learning stick, etc. give it a couple weeks and u'll do it in a second. we've all been there
Appreciate 0