F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Dog cover for rear seat
GetBMWParts

07-13-2022, 07:07 AM   #1
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Dog cover for rear seat

Hey guys,
I have a generic dog cover from Amazon that buckles onto the headrest. It's better than nothing. I'm looking for an easy to connect dog cover with matching door panel cover. He's starting to make a mess of the rear door panel.

I don't want the oem one. I won't pay that much money for bmw brand. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket dog cover that fits well in a 2014 F30?

Thanks
Tom
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 09:25 AM   #2
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
Hey guys,
I have a generic dog cover from Amazon that buckles onto the headrest. It's better than nothing. I'm looking for an easy to connect dog cover with matching door panel cover. He's starting to make a mess of the rear door panel.

I don't want the oem one. I won't pay that much money for bmw brand. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket dog cover that fits well in a 2014 F30?

Thanks
Tom
Check out Weathertech
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8301.00
      07-16-2022, 03:15 PM   #3
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks
Tom
Check out Weathertech
Thanks. I have but didn't find what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a better rear seat cover + matching door panel covers. I know bmw makes one but it's ridiculously overpriced. Any brand is fine as long as it's quality. He's a 103 lb English lab. He likes to hang his out the window. Chin on the door. It's just getting filthy and I'm tired of cleaning it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 09:38 AM   #4
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks
Tom
Check out Weathertech

I'm looking for a better rear seat cover + matching door panel covers. I know bmw makes one but it's ridiculously overpriced. Any brand is fine as long as it's quality. He's a 103 lb English lab. He likes to hang his out the window. Chin on the door. It's just getting filthy and I'm tired of cleaning it.
Remember the old plastic slip covers to protect furniture? My mother still has them on her dining room chairs that she had installed to protect the fabric in 1968! See photo of an OTS version that can be purchased today.

Amazon has a whole variety of them, even from big companies like 3M and Scotch. Perhaps you could cut/adapt one of them to protect the door card that your dog uses?

Also maybe talk to some car wrapping companies. Maybe there is a vinyl product with the same color as your car's interior, that could be applied to the door areas that get the dog wear, that has a lighter adhesive that is easily removed without damage? They make hundreds of adhesives with many different properties. It's likely that there is one that will work.

Good luck!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 01:45 PM   #5
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks
Tom
Check out Weathertech

Remember the old plastic slip covers to protect furniture? My mother still has them on her dining room chairs that she had installed to protect the fabric in 1968! See photo of an OTS version that can be purchased today.

Amazon has a whole variety of them, even from big companies like 3M and Scotch. Perhaps you could cut/adapt one of them to protect the door card that your dog uses?

Also maybe talk to some car wrapping companies. Maybe there is a vinyl product with the same color as your car's interior, that could be applied to the door areas that get the dog wear, that has a lighter adhesive that is easily removed without damage? They make hundreds of adhesives with many different properties. It's likely that there is one that will work.

Good luck!
Actually not a bad idea.
How could I get it to hook into the window channel though? Maybe rivet on a L bracket or 4?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 12:06 PM   #6
Fliplegend
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435ix F33

This is what I have and having the side flaps that help cover the door panel really help. I also have small terriers. It may not be as protective for larger dogs.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ktaxon-Do...5-c5d2661b22e2
      07-27-2022, 07:33 AM   #7
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Would something like this work for you?

I never bothered. So cringe at these pics: lol

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 11:39 AM   #8
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliplegend View Post
This is what I have and having the side flaps that help cover the door panel really help. I also have small terriers. It may not be as protective for larger dogs.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ktaxon-Do...5-c5d2661b22e2
Thank you. Not sure that'll work especially having straps to the "oh shit" handles.

I'm looking for something with independent door panel covers. The ones that hook into the window track.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #9
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Would something like this work for you?

I never bothered. So cringe at these pics: lol

I have something like that already. The hammock style rear seat protector but the sides are short and just there to tuck under the seat so it doesn't move.

I guess I'm looking for independent door panel covers that hook into the window track.
Appreciate 0