E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Spooky ghost stories!

11-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #23
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Fair enough! We already have you in the "mad Aussie stuck in Canada" box.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615601.00
      11-02-2021, 05:36 PM   #24
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Pretty fascinating stuff. Keep 'em coming.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 05:37 PM   #25
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Ah, that explains it lol.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 05:53 PM   #26
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Well, this is kind of creepy to tell.

My mom passed away from cancer 3 years ago, she was an artist. Many many years ago, she had painted a white vase with blue vines all over it that was in her art studio (someone had brought it in for still life study)...

Flash forward to her passing and cremation, and my dad has her ashes placed into a vase that was given to him by the funeral parlor. It is an EXACT copy of her painting from many years ago, no mistaking it. We were all stunned. I have a picture of the vase in front of her painting, I will have to post it when I find it...

Edit: I found it
Attached Images

Last edited by BMWGUYinCO; 11-02-2021 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 8
vreihen1615601.00
King Rudi13159.00
Bunnny219.50
upstatedoc7570.00
540iSUP704.00
      11-02-2021, 06:01 PM   #27
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
The only time I've ever experienced anything was when my Grandmother passed away. She lived with us from about her 60's to her 80's. When she died, we flew her body to the Philippines and buried her there. One night, while in the Philippines, my cousin and I were sleeping in one room, and my Aunt and other cousin was sleeping in another room down the hall. I remember waking up for some reason and out of the corner of my eye I saw a fuzzy orb, kind of like the light you would see reflect off your watch while driving. The light was up in the air near the doorway and then it went down the hall towards the room my Aunt was in. When I looked over to the bed next to me, I saw that my other cousin wasn't there. I followed the light out of the room and as I was walking down the hall I could see the room that my Aunt was in. Now, my Aunt and 2 cousins were in the room and when they saw me coming down the hall, they all looked at me, wide eyed, and stopped talking. Apparently, my cousin that was in the bed next to me had one of those episodes where it feels like someone or something is putting immense pressure on your chest. He said he couldn't move and he tried to call out to me but he couldn't get his voice out. When he was finally able to move, he bolted straight for his mom's room. As he was explaining what happened to his mom and brother, I walked out of the room and down the hall. They asked me what I was doing up and if I was ok, I told them I saw a light or something so I followed it to their room.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks and we are back in SoCal. I'm by myself in my parent's 2 story home where I lived with my Grandmother. My parent's weren't home at the time and I was cleaning some stuff up. I went downstairs to the living room to chill for a min, when I heard footsteps above me. Now if you lived in a 2 story home for sometime, you get to know the different sounds. It was for sure footsteps that I heard and they were right above me, where my Grandmother's room was. Being a skeptic, I thought "yeah right". Then I heard her closet open all the way, and then shut all the way. It's a sliding door closet so I heard the door slide across the floor and hit the side, then slide across and hit the other side to close. I thought "well, if its a ghost, it's probably my grandmother and it would be scary, but kind of neat to see the ghost of my grandmother." So I walk up the stairs and into her room; at that moment, my dog that was just outside her window in the back yard started barking out of nowhere. I ran down to see what was going on and then the dog just stopped. I kept this to myself and never told anyone.

A few days later, my mom, who is grieving the death of her mom, went to see a psychic. I thought it was silly, but my mom said that the psychic recorded their session so she could listen to it whenever she wanted. My mom told me that I needed to listen to the tape. So she pops the cassette into an old stereo we had and I'm listening to this lady speak and I'm thinking "blah blah blah, she's feeding off your grief", but then she starts to talk about me.

She starts talking about how my Grandmother went to see me and my cousins in the Philippines. She said that my Grandmother was trying to hug my cousin. I never told my mom about that incident and my mother never gave the psychic any clues to that interaction. The psychic also says that my Grandmother and my Grandfather went to visit me at home. She said my Grandmother was showing my Grandfather around the home she was living in. My grandfather died before my step mom met my dad, so I never got to meet him. She also said that they didn't want to scare me, so when I went to look for them, they left. At the time my Grandmother died I was 20 and my two cousins were 25 and 28, so its not like we were little kids.

That is the only supernatural event that has ever happened to me. The creepiest part was the taped psychic session. How did she know all those things about me when I never told anyone, nor did my mom tell her anything. As a matter of fact, the psychic didn't even ask my mom any questions, she just started telling my mom all this info and recorded it. Since then, I don't question psychics.
That's a good one! I have similar stories with my grandmother. She and I were very close. She died when I was in my late 20's. She would take nylon stockings/pantyhose and wrap around the end of her dryer vent hose, then direct the hose out of the top, in the back of her dryer to add heat/a makeshift humidifier in her tiny house. She was also very particular about her plants and placement of everything on her screened in porch. I, myself, have not seen any of the following, but her neighbors (who were always close with our family) asked if they could buy her home after she passed. They have rented the place to 3 different people and all 3 stayed a very short time; all stating the same claims. If it's cold, the dryer turns itself on around 10 pm, if people leave anything on the screened in porch they find it in the front yard the next morning and there are random loud noises, that the tenants state sounds like the attic access ladder is being slammed shut. Currently the house is vacant and has been for years. the neighbors still go by and keep the place clean, mow the yard etc. Again, I know none of this to be true for myself. I've only heard the stories that the neighbors have told my uncles.

Btw, after reading back on what I typed here, and much of everything else I post on here; I imagine could be difficult to believe at times. It is rather odd that I have the shit happen to me that happens. I'll just throw this out there as well. Current home, I won't say is haunted, but I feel like my dad is there at times. All sorts of crazy events have happened in the 6 years I've lived there. The girlfriend has got pretty used to my house at this point. She isn't phased by any of it anymore, but before we started dating; females that came to my house had to get the "before you stay the night" disclosure. I've had 2 leave in the middle of the night, one talked to me the day after, the other I never heard from again. The one that I spoke to the day after told me that we could see each other again, but she wasn't coming to my house. So, when dad died, one of the things I was left from him was an old trunk from the 1800's, nothing special about the trunk other than it's just bad ass. All my father's personal items, such as work boots, old family pictures, family history type stuff, letters from his father etc. are all in that trunk; along with his ashes. The trunk resides in the back corner of my living room. This area, the hallway and the kitchen are the hot spots of activity. Nothing major, like cabinets opening or chair stacking, but we get some good stuff and not "maybe" type anomalies. If you're there, there's no question about what you are experiencing.

Things happen so often that we don't even really pay any mind to them anymore. Honestly, it's why I mentioned the house I posted yesterday and didn't even give a second thought to my current place. Weird, I know. Below is small list of weird things that have happened in the past 6 years.

A friend of mine from England and I were sitting on my back deck during the middle of the day, in the summer, having a drink. She gets visibly upset and asks if I'm expecting company. I respond with no, then she gets up and runs into my house as if she is chasing something/someone. By the time I catch up to her, she has ran through my house and is in the driveway confused. To this day she still swears she saw a man standing in my kitchen.

An ex-girlfriend and I were sitting in the living room on a Sunday morning having breakfast. We were discussing our relationship and how nice it was for both of us not to be with the type of people we had previously been with - we both just got out of bad relationships. Suddenly, my printer, starts printing...out of nowhere. We both look at each other completely puzzled. I go to the printer and on the paper is printed "Congratulations." The computer that printer is connect to isn't even turned on. I still have the paper.

The ongoing light escapade - This gets it's own chapter. Everyone who comes to my house gets briefed and experiences it for themselves at some point. I have 3 lamps in my house that love to turn themselves on and off and on. I have to tell people so they don't get freaked out. The cool thing is, more often than not; when I tell people about it, it usually happens right then. I have to say, I enjoy the look of pale face or complete shock when it happens just as I warn them.

How can I upload videos from my phone or the cloud here? I've got some good one's I'll share.

Again, I'd also like to mention again, I understand that how some of what I post could seem completely unbelievable. I'm not here to get anyone to believe me; just sharing my experiences is all.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
The only time I've ever experienced anything was when my Grandmother passed away. She lived with us from about her 60's to her 80's. When she died, we flew her body to the Philippines and buried her there. One night, while in the Philippines, my cousin and I were sleeping in one room, and my Aunt and other cousin was sleeping in another room down the hall. I remember waking up for some reason and out of the corner of my eye I saw a fuzzy orb, kind of like the light you would see reflect off your watch while driving. The light was up in the air near the doorway and then it went down the hall towards the room my Aunt was in. When I looked over to the bed next to me, I saw that my other cousin wasn't there. I followed the light out of the room and as I was walking down the hall I could see the room that my Aunt was in. Now, my Aunt and 2 cousins were in the room and when they saw me coming down the hall, they all looked at me, wide eyed, and stopped talking. Apparently, my cousin that was in the bed next to me had one of those episodes where it feels like someone or something is putting immense pressure on your chest. He said he couldn't move and he tried to call out to me but he couldn't get his voice out. When he was finally able to move, he bolted straight for his mom's room. As he was explaining what happened to his mom and brother, I walked out of the room and down the hall. They asked me what I was doing up and if I was ok, I told them I saw a light or something so I followed it to their room.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks and we are back in SoCal. I'm by myself in my parent's 2 story home where I lived with my Grandmother. My parent's weren't home at the time and I was cleaning some stuff up. I went downstairs to the living room to chill for a min, when I heard footsteps above me. Now if you lived in a 2 story home for sometime, you get to know the different sounds. It was for sure footsteps that I heard and they were right above me, where my Grandmother's room was. Being a skeptic, I thought "yeah right". Then I heard her closet open all the way, and then shut all the way. It's a sliding door closet so I heard the door slide across the floor and hit the side, then slide across and hit the other side to close. I thought "well, if its a ghost, it's probably my grandmother and it would be scary, but kind of neat to see the ghost of my grandmother." So I walk up the stairs and into her room; at that moment, my dog that was just outside her window in the back yard started barking out of nowhere. I ran down to see what was going on and then the dog just stopped. I kept this to myself and never told anyone.

A few days later, my mom, who is grieving the death of her mom, went to see a psychic. I thought it was silly, but my mom said that the psychic recorded their session so she could listen to it whenever she wanted. My mom told me that I needed to listen to the tape. So she pops the cassette into an old stereo we had and I'm listening to this lady speak and I'm thinking "blah blah blah, she's feeding off your grief", but then she starts to talk about me.

She starts talking about how my Grandmother went to see me and my cousins in the Philippines. She said that my Grandmother was trying to hug my cousin. I never told my mom about that incident and my mother never gave the psychic any clues to that interaction. The psychic also says that my Grandmother and my Grandfather went to visit me at home. She said my Grandmother was showing my Grandfather around the home she was living in. My grandfather died before my step mom met my dad, so I never got to meet him. She also said that they didn't want to scare me, so when I went to look for them, they left. At the time my Grandmother died I was 20 and my two cousins were 25 and 28, so its not like we were little kids.

That is the only supernatural event that has ever happened to me. The creepiest part was the taped psychic session. How did she know all those things about me when I never told anyone, nor did my mom tell her anything. As a matter of fact, the psychic didn't even ask my mom any questions, she just started telling my mom all this info and recorded it. Since then, I don't question psychics.
That's a good one! I have similar stories with my grandmother. She and I were very close. She died when I was in my late 20's. She would take nylon stockings/pantyhose and wrap around the end of her dryer vent hose, then direct the hose out of the top, in the back of her dryer to add heat/a makeshift humidifier in her tiny house. She was also very particular about her plants and placement of everything on her screened in porch. I, myself, have not seen any of the following, but her neighbors (who were always close with our family) asked if they could buy her home after she passed. They have rented the place to 3 different people and all 3 stayed a very short time; all stating the same claims. If it's cold, the dryer turns itself on around 10 pm, if people leave anything on the screened in porch they find it in the front yard the next morning and there are random loud noises, that the tenants state sounds like the attic access ladder is being slammed shut. Currently the house is vacant and has been for years. the neighbors still go by and keep the place clean, mow the yard etc. Again, I know none of this to be true for myself. I've only heard the stories that the neighbors have told my uncles.

Btw, after reading back on what I typed here, and much of everything else I post on here; I imagine could be difficult to believe at times. It is rather odd that I have the shit happen to me that happens. I'll just throw this out there as well. Current home, I won't say is haunted, but I feel like my dad is there at times. All sorts of crazy events have happened in the 6 years I've lived there. The girlfriend has got pretty used to my house at this point. She isn't phased by any of it anymore, but before we started dating; females that came to my house had to get the "before you stay the night" disclosure. I've had 2 leave in the middle of the night, one talked to me the day after, the other I never heard from again. The one that I spoke to the day after told me that we could see each other again, but she wasn't coming to my house. So, when dad died, one of the things I was left from him was an old trunk from the 1800's, nothing special about the trunk other than it's just bad ass. All my father's personal items, such as work boots, old family pictures, family history type stuff, letters from his father etc. are all in that trunk; along with his ashes. The trunk resides in the back corner of my living room. This area, the hallway and the kitchen are the hot spots of activity. Nothing major, like cabinets opening or chair stacking, but we get some good stuff and not "maybe" type anomalies. If you're there, there's no question about what you are experiencing.

Things happen so often that we don't even really pay any mind to them anymore. Honestly, it's why I mentioned the house I posted yesterday and didn't even give a second thought to my current place. Weird, I know. Below is small list of weird things that have happened in the past 6 years.

A friend of mine from England and I were sitting on my back deck during the middle of the day, in the summer, having a drink. She gets visibly upset and asks if I'm expecting company. I respond with no, then she gets up and runs into my house as if she is chasing something/someone. By the time I catch up to her, she has ran through my house and is in the driveway confused. To this day she still swears she saw a man standing in my kitchen.

An ex-girlfriend and I were sitting in the living room on a Sunday morning having breakfast. We were discussing our relationship and how nice it was for both of us not to be with the type of people we had previously been with - we both just got out of bad relationships. Suddenly, my printer, starts printing...out of nowhere. We both look at each other completely puzzled. I go to the printer and on the paper is printed "Congratulations." The computer that printer is connect to isn't even turned on. I still have the paper.

The ongoing light escapade - This gets it's own chapter. Everyone who comes to my house gets briefed and experiences it for themselves at some point. I have 3 lamps in my house that love to turn themselves on and off and on. I have to tell people so they don't get freaked out. The cool thing is, more often than not; when I tell people about it, it usually happens right then. I have to say, I enjoy the look of pale face or complete shock when it happens just as I warn them.

How can I upload videos from my phone or the cloud here? I've got some good one's I'll share.

Again, I'd also like to mention again, I understand that how some of what I post could seem completely unbelievable. I'm not here to get anyone to believe me; just sharing my experiences is all.
Upload to imgur
      11-03-2021, 07:06 AM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Well, this is kind of creepy to tell.

My mom passed away from cancer 3 years ago, she was an artist. Many many years ago, she had painted a white vase with blue vines all over it that was in her art studio (someone had brought it in for still life study)...

Flash forward to her passing and cremation, and my dad has her ashes placed into a vase that was given to him by the funeral parlor. It is an EXACT copy of her painting from many years ago, no mistaking it. We were all stunned. I have a picture of the vase in front of her painting, I will have to post it when I find it...

Edit: I found it
Dude....that's really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
Upload to imgur
Have never used it before. Uploading now. I'll report back.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      11-03-2021, 07:31 AM   #29
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Cool! It worked!!

In this video, We (me and whoever was in bed with me, I don't remember) were woke up in the middle of the night by the light in hallway turning itself on. Unsure if you are able to hear the inconsistent buzzing associated with the fluctuating brightness in the flickering light. Also not sure if you can make out what is being said. I think I'm saying, "It's doing it again" or something to that effect. Anyway, this is one. I'll post up a few more.

View post on imgur.com

This video, I believe may have been the first video I recorded in the new house. I do remember I was home alone, asleep and the flashing light woke me up. You can clearly hear how startled I was from my breathing. I'm at work and haven't listened to the entire thing for quite some time. If I say something stupid, please overlook me. I was pretty well freaked out. Also, excuse the mess. This was when the boys still lived at home.

View post on imgur.com

This video was recorded when the ex-wife, my step daughter and her friend were in the living room, I had been in the garage. When I came inside, the light instantly starts going ape shit on me. If you look closely in the right side of the screen, you can see the light in the living room going crazy at the same time. You can also hear the step daughter mention, "Look at that one!" referring to the light in the hallway that I'm standing in front of. Interesting none the less.

View post on imgur.com

I have other pictures of weird shit that I have found throughout the house over the past 5-6 years. Let me look and I'll get some weird shots uploaded. I come home to odd stuff pretty often. Stuff like pictures that were hanging on the wall laying in the floor, smoke detectors laying in the floor, came home once to my front door being wide open - it stays locked and no one uses the front door. Hamilton the Maine Coon, used to hang out in the corner where dad's trunk is and just stare and meow at nothing. He also started spraying in that corner, Hamilton was fixed. Crazy stuff. Anyway, I've got to get some work done. I'll dig for pictures and post when I have time.

Last edited by King Rudi; 11-03-2021 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 3
      11-03-2021, 08:08 AM   #30
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
I know my place and I am comfortable with it
Appreciate 1
kscarrol8952.50
      11-03-2021, 08:35 AM   #31
Mike.
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Cool! It worked!!

In this video, We (me and whoever was in bed with me, I don't remember) were woke up in the middle of the night by the light in hallway turning itself on. Unsure if you are able to hear the inconsistent buzzing associated with the fluctuating brightness in the flickering light. Also not sure if you can make out what is being said. I think I'm saying, "It's doing it again" or something to that effect. Anyway, this is one. I'll post up a few more.

View post on imgur.com

This video, I believe may have been the first video I recorded in the new house. I do remember I was home alone, asleep and the flashing light woke me up. You can clearly hear how startled I was from my breathing. I'm at work and haven't listened to the entire thing for quite some time. If I say something stupid, please overlook me. I was pretty well freaked out. Also, excuse the mess. This was when the boys still lived at home.

View post on imgur.com

This video was recorded when the ex-wife, my step daughter and her friend were in the living room, I had been in the garage. When I came inside, the light instantly starts going ape shit on me. If you look closely in the right side of the screen, you can see the light in the living room going crazy at the same time. You can also hear the step daughter mention, "Look at that one!" referring to the light in the hallway that I'm standing in front of. Interesting none the less.

View post on imgur.com

I have other pictures of weird shit that I have found throughout the house over the past 5-6 years. Let me look and I'll get some weird shots uploaded. I come home to odd stuff pretty often. Stuff like pictures that were hanging on the wall laying in the floor, smoke detectors laying in the floor, came home once to my front door being wide open - it stays locked and no one uses the front door. Hamilton the Maine Coon, used to hang out in the corner where dad's trunk is and just stare and meow at nothing. He also started spraying in that corner, Hamilton was fixed. Crazy stuff. Anyway, I've got to get some work done. I'll dig for pictures and post when I have time.
that's bizarre
King Rudi13159.00
      11-03-2021, 08:37 AM   #32
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Very cool! We have a haunted bed & breakfast here that I've wanted to go stay at. Have tried several times to line it up for my birthday, but have yet to be able to make it happen.

Ghost Hunters International used to do their ghost hunt but looks like Ghost Hunters Weekend is doing it now. Still plan to do this at some point.

https://www.tnvacation.com/events/re...t-ghost-hunt-3

How was the Myrtles Plantation?
It was pretty cool. I love scary movies, so I organized a bunch of my friends to stay the weekend there. It was nice that it's only 90 miles from New Orleans. We brought a lot of alcohol, were allowed to walk the grounds at night. I brought a Ouija board that Dana purchased from the thrift store in New Orleans for a quarter. We used it. Nothing happened.

The only thing I remember happening, or it could have just been misplaced was my toothbrush went missing. In the morning, I couldn't find it anywhere. I had one of my friends, Dana, look in the bathroom, look all around our room. She watched me unpack and repack my duffle bag, couldn't find it. Felt gross that we drove all the way back to New Orleans and I hadn't brushed my teeth.

Once I arrived home, I unzipped my duffle bag to begin unpacking and there it was. Right on top of all my clothing. It kind of freaked me out just a bit, it was as if someone planted it there, but that's the only "spooky" thing that happened.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      11-03-2021, 08:52 AM   #33
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
that's bizarre
Right? I can remember having a girl stay the night with me once. We were sitting in the living room, with the light in the second video behind me. I was in the process of explaining "If you see flashing lights or weird noises, don't get freaked out" bit. Her face went completely "deer in headlights" and pale. I asked, "The light behind me?" as she nodded in disbelief, I turned around just in time to watch it turn itself off, just as soon as I turned my head to look back at her, it turned right back on. She was the one that left in the middle of the night and I never heard back from her.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      11-03-2021, 08:58 AM   #34
Mike.
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
that's bizarre
Right? I can remember having a girl stay the night with me once. We were sitting in the living room, with the light in the second video behind me. I was in the process of explaining "If you see flashing lights or weird noises, don't get freaked out" bit. Her face went completely "deer in headlights" and pale. I asked, "The light behind me?" as she nodded in disbelief, I turned around just in time to watch it turn itself off, just as soon as I turned my head to look back at her, it turned right back on. She was the one that left in the middle of the night and I never heard back from her.
Have you ever checked for weird power surges in those outlets?
      11-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #35
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Have you ever checked for weird power surges in those outlets?
I have. A close friend is an electrician. He came by after I first bought the house and witnessed one of the lights in the bedroom flickering. I explained the situation, which lights flicker - not that my house is haunted. He checked wiring, connections, continuity and fuses; no issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 10:52 AM   #36
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Oh, I have a spooky story. Some of you may know this already, my walk in closet light randomly decides to turn on. I have placed electrical tape over the sensor.....still comes on
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #37
Socaldriver
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnny View Post
What's your scariest experience?
or story of haunted places?

Bout 8 years ago I started working for a retail chain selling sports wear. When I got hired they were just setting up in a large, old brick building downtown. It was formally known as the Alberta Hotel Building, and is along a block of super old buildings in the city.
Inside were three floors, mostly an open concept store with a large metal staircase in the center. It was the second week when we were making jokes about how spooky it was at times in the store & having a laugh that there were "ghosts". By the first month the jokes had formed to statements with staff having their own experiences.
The door at the back of the store, which had an electronic lock, and could not be tampered with, would lock our manager's out when they would go out the back for a smoke. Several pieces of clothing would be picked up off the racks as if someone was looking at it, and then dropped to the floor. A dark figure would wander in around the clothing racks upstairs (we got this on security camera, my manager showed me).
When I started in the early mornings (6 or 7am), the clothing manager would call me to see when I'd be there because it was 'too scary' to go in alone. And to be fair, mornings were the worst.
I'd be upstairs counting the cash infront of the security monitors, seeing no one in the store- except the clothing manager on a different floor, and while hearing boots stomping outside the cash office. They would start in the office and then carry on downstairs. Sometimes sounds would happen over the store intercom early morning also.
In the basement, we had huge storage racks and if you were in at the back, we would sometimes hear someone digging around in the next racks over but no one would be there. And never take the elevator. It would get stuck, especially in the basement.
Before I left, a pot light worked itself out of a vertical wall that was 20 feet in the air, and missed hitting my coworker very closely. She felt the air of an object fly by her head.
Things would usually cool off during the day time however, and we didn't notice them when we closed at 9:30pm.
Working 4 years in that building hardened me up to anyone jumping out and surprising me.

I did some research and found the building was once a hotel, and burned down tragically in a fire with people inside. It was also once a law office, and it burned down also. You could still see charred wood and brick from the inside. I asked the retail place next door if they had the same sort of things happening and they said they did. Apparently the same restless activity happens all over the block.
My aunt passed away many years ago in Seattle. I caught an early flight from SoCal and arrived in Seattle exhausted. I asked to take a power nap in my cousins home inside a room. So I slept and then felt a bump at the end of the bed. I woke up and saw my dead aunt as she stood at the end of the bed. I was scared but something calmed me down and I continued to sleep. Come to find out that I was sleeping in my aunt's room. Goosebumps all over me but I recall that my aunt use to take good care of me when I was a child.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13159.00
540iSUP704.00
      11-11-2021, 01:28 PM   #38
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaldriver View Post
My aunt passed away many years ago in Seattle. I caught an early flight from SoCal and arrived in Seattle exhausted. I asked to take a power nap in my cousins home inside a room. So I slept and then felt a bump at the end of the bed. I woke up and saw my dead aunt as she stood at the end of the bed. I was scared but something calmed be down and I continued to sleep. Come to find out that I was sleeping in my aunt's room. Goosebumps all over me but I recall that my aunt use to take good care of me when I was a child.
No way....she looked perfectly normal or was see-through like we seen in the movies, etc? You saw a ghost standing there (albeit of your aunt) and just went back to sleep?
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      11-11-2021, 01:40 PM   #39
Socaldriver
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Quote:
My aunt passed away many years ago in Seattle. I caught an early flight from SoCal and arrived in Seattle exhausted. I asked to take a power nap in my cousins home inside a room. So I slept and then felt a bump at the end of the bed. I woke up and saw my dead aunt as she stood at the end of the bed. I was scared but something calmed be down and I continued to sleep. Come to find out that I was sleeping in my aunt's room. Goosebumps all over me but I recall that my aunt use to take good care of me when I was a child.
No way....she looked perfectly normal or was see-through like we seen in the movies, etc? You saw a ghost standing there (albeit of your aunt) and just went back to sleep?
My aunt looked perfectly normal as if nothing happened to her. It was a shock to me when I saw her at the end of the bed but most likely my aunt put me back to sleep like I was a little boy again.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      11-11-2021, 01:44 PM   #40
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My aunt looked perfectly normal as if nothing happened to her. It was a shock to me when I saw her at the end of the bed but most likely my aunt put me back to sleep like I was a little boy again.
Really interesting. How old were you growing up w her and how old when you last saw her, and when you saw her ghost?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #41
Socaldriver
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Really interesting. How old were you growing up w her and how old when you last saw her, and when you saw her ghost?
I was probably 6 or 7 years old when my aunt took care of me. I was in my twenties when this happened.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      11-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #42
Socaldriver
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was probably 6 or 7 years old when my aunt took care of me. I was in my twenties when this happened.
My cousin Louie died of cancer last year and left behind a wife and two girls. Last Thanksgiving, they had a small get together and it was the first time without Louie. I wasn't there but my cousin Chris, Louie's brother noticed something really strange from Louie's daughter, Althea as she sat on a chair with relatives around her. It didn't look like her according to Chris. Suddenly, Althea started talking in perfect Tagalog. Althea then stated, "I miss my family! I'm not ready to go! I'm not ready to die! Chris. Promise me to take care of my family! Althea then looked over to her uncle Ricky (Louie's brother) and yelled stop smoking!" She stopped, started to cry and then says, "I can feel my dad is here with me." Althea doesn't know how to speak Tagalog. I was freaked out when my cousin told me about it. Althea doesn't remember a thing on that night. You only see these strange things in the movies.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      11-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #43
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My cousin Louie died of cancer last year and left behind a wife and two girls. Last Thanksgiving, they had a small get together and it was the first time without Louie. I wasn't there but my cousin Chris, Louie's brother noticed something really strange from Louie's daughter, Althea as she sat on a chair with relatives around her. It didn't look like her according to Chris. Suddenly, Althea started talking in perfect Tagalog. Althea then stated, "I miss my family! I'm not ready to go! I'm not ready to die! Chris. Promise me to take care of my family! Althea then looked over to her uncle Ricky (Louie's brother) and yelled stop smoking!" She stopped, started to cry and then says, "I can feel my dad is here with me." Althea doesn't know how to speak Tagalog. I was freaked out when my cousin told me about it. Althea doesn't remember a thing on that night. You only see these strange things in the movies.
That's otherworldly.

My mom died when I was young and under bad circumstances. I miss her every day. Always wished I could see her in some way like that, or feel her presence somehow.
      11-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #44
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
My mom died when I was young and under bad circumstances. I miss her every day. Always wished I could see her in some way like that, or feel her presence somehow.
Sorry man, lost my dad when I was young too. It sucks.
Appreciate 2
Esteban44731.00