E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Help On Office Window Tinting...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-14-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
 
hl0m4n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

Posts: 4,838
iTrader: (41)

Cool Help On Office Window Tinting...

my dad signed another lease of a building as his company is growing. we got a pretty good deal too. the building is a fairly new (4 years old) and we don't need it but the owner is providing us new paint, ceiling, lights, and carpet.

the point...the windows are very easy shape rectangular. instead of having the person that tinted my windows come down and lay solar guard, i was wondering if i can buy the film and do it myself with my dad. its not an irregular shape and with a ladder we can start from top and work way down or bottom to top and work across.

anybody have any advice, brands, etc? thanks.
hl0m4n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
mpimping
Banned
 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny,ny

Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
my dad signed another lease of a building as his company is growing. we got a pretty good deal too. the building is a fairly new (4 years old) and we don't need it but the owner is providing us new paint, ceiling, lights, and carpet.

the point...the windows are very easy shape rectangular. instead of having the person that tinted my windows come down and lay solar guard, i was wondering if i can buy the film and do it myself with my dad. its not an irregular shape and with a ladder we can start from top and work way down or bottom to top and work across.

anybody have any advice, brands, etc? thanks.
go to tintdude.com art of tint might do it but I think he does only Manhattan...
mpimping is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
 
hl0m4n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

Posts: 4,838
iTrader: (41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
go to tintdude.com art of tint might do it but I think he does only Manhattan...
well i always go to toms to get my windows tinted. i didn't ask for a quote yet but if i got him to come i believe it would be more then $3k being compared to car tinting prices.

i mean if i can get the film, i just apply and get rid of bubbles by smoothing. any such thing on the market?
hl0m4n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
mpimping
Banned
 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny,ny

Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
well i always go to toms to get my windows tinted. i didn't ask for a quote yet but if i got him to come i believe it would be more then $3k being compared to car tinting prices.

i mean if i can get the film, i just apply and get rid of bubbles by smoothing. any such thing on the market?
That's why I told u to go to tint dude. If i knew how to tint I would do it myself
mpimping is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
Patricius
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Posts: 532
iTrader: (0)

www.huperoptik.com
Patricius is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST