E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Will US car prices have to rise? Weakening dollar

10-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #23
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
It's not that Bush has that much control its the situation. We are at the end of a 2 term presidential term. He is for all purposes a lame duck president at this point. meaning that no one is at the wheel trying to help the economy because their re-election counts on it. The Democrats would rather the economy tank because they can blame it on Bush. The Republicans don't really care because if they get into office they can claim they turned it around and blame it on the Democrats. It's not about the president but the upcoming elections.

That's not to say that everything will be fixed once whoever gets into office they will have a lot to do. But then again all of these foreclosures and stuff should start to turn around by the time the next person gets in office just in time for that person to claim that they have done a fantastic job at their 90 days in office.

It's all about timing and perception.
That is the truth. People don't realize when a new President comes in the office and proposes a new economic plan it doesn't happen until at least couple of years and certainly doesn't happen overnight.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #24
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
That is the truth. People don't realize when a new President comes in the office and proposes a new economic plan it doesn't happen until at least couple of years and certainly doesn't happen overnight.
I think people do realize that...
One thing is for sure -- we need to get rid of the lunatic that is looking for more wars and conflicts -- the diplomacy is completely lost last 6 years. Then, maybe the respect and trust in the USA will return... Most likely nothing major (including economy, troop withdrawal or expansion, and so on) will happen in the next presidential term (4 years), but in a long run -- this madness has to stop! I said numerous times that I am not concerned for myself (short term) but for my kids -- long term effects...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #25
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Yeah we have definately lost a LOT of good will throughout the world in the last 6 years. After 9/11 we were the darlings of the world. Only George could use that and anything else we've built up to drive us into the depths we are today. Nice going bud!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 05:25 PM   #26
C4talyst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Do you really think the President has that much control? This is due to Congress fucking around and due to the general public.
This is a very highly technical evaluation.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 07:01 PM   #27
jimlai322
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 535i & E90 325i

Not sure why people are saying the war spending is hurting the US. Wars have always increased a country's GDP / wealth.

2008 SG E60 535i
2006 AW E90 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #28
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
What is with this notion that once Bush is gone the United States will randomly go crazy and be up again?

Do you really think the President has that much control? This is due to Congress fucking around and due to the general public.

Did Bush cause all these foreclosures recently, because people were dumb and purchased homes they cant afford? People need to get real and realize it is more than just the President that we should be getting rid of and we should be looking at ourselves.
i didn't know smart people still existed in america!!! i wonder if you exist because Bush is almost out of office... soon little you's will sprout everywhere. thanks god Bush is almost gone!!! praise HILLARY!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 07:06 PM   #29
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

but really, we replaced a heavy spending strict agenda following congress with congress who has absolutely no agenda so they just spend money cause they have nothing else to do... really now... who is doing the most damage? the president? i think not... it's only the people who are to blame.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 12:33 AM   #30
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
What? You mean make money shipping Pontiac Grand Am's and Jeep Cherokees to China?
Not cars but electronics maybe clothes. I wonder how much shipping would eat into your profits... I heard you can make money buying and shipping used cars to the middle east/europe but you need connections to do it legally.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 01:06 AM   #31
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
Today the Euro is trading at 1.44 dollars thats a slide that I don't expect the USD can recover from. The Dollar is finished as the currency of choice, I don't see how it will come back from that level of depreciation without paying off some debt.
Currency prices are cyclical. I believe we had Canadian dollar parity 20 or 30 years ago too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #32
IboughtafreakingBMW!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i and 2007 e92 335i

Our dollar is at an all time record high. I have lost $15,000 dollars by buying my car in Canada :sad0147:

p.s. I can't even take solace in the fact that $15,000 Canadian dollars is only $less USD. Its actually like $16,000USD
Appreciate 0