E90Post

jb4store

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Closing of "The People's House"

03-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Mss396
Jet Pilot
Germany

Drives: 4 wheels

Closing of "The People's House"

How dare they close "The People's House" to the people! First Someone needs to spend less of the "People's" money on Golf and Aspen ski vacations and Hawaiian holidays before they close the people's house to the people

Last edited by Mss396; 03-14-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Strangely enough, I live in the area and I've had no wish to go visit for the last five years or so. Maybe after they repaint and delouse in '16......
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
JAM3S
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

The govt doesnt work for us anymore. We work for them and do as we are told or else Obama will send a predator drone and blow up your house (and the 5 houses next to you, just collateral damage bro).
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: I Can not say

Interesting Forbes Article on the topic
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Interesting Forbes Article on the topic
it's funny that you can apply the same article and logical thinking to anything this administration says. Or any other administration for that matter. Our government is a joke.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
Andy H.
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Strangely enough, I live in the area and I've had no wish to go visit for the last five years or so. Maybe after they repaint and delouse in '16......
Agreed.
      03-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Awe that's not very nice. The Obamas always speak kindly of you. They ask about you often.

Perhaps on your visit in '16 maybe you'll catch a glimpse of President Clinton ...and/or her husband
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Awe that's not very nice. The Obamas always speak kindly of you. They ask about you often.

Perhaps on your visit in '16 maybe you'll catch a glimpse of President Clinton ...and/or her husband
Would that she was there now as opposed to the current mess. She's a different breed of cat, pragmatist, understands power, not consumed by ego or ideology. Liked her before I hated him.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Would that she was there now as opposed to the current mess. She's a different breed of cat, pragmatist, understands power, not consumed by ego or ideology. Liked her before I hated him.
Yeah but that was after you first hated her and before you even knew who he was. Let's check your hate meter in '16. I predict you'll be eating those words.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #10
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Quote:
Yeah but that was after you first hated her and before you even knew who he was. Let's check your hate meter in '16. I predict you'll be eating those words.
Naaah, I am into kool aid now. Like Cool Hand Luke, I'm getting my head right. No worries, I now realize that, in the grand order of things, a Hillary is a relatively benign-neutral solution--didn't know how bad "bad' really could be until now. I do know who he is now but I have to wonder if even the dems knew who he was back when they gave him the mike a couple of conventions ago. Whoever arranged/maneuvered for him to give that keynote address is one of the most brilliant pols of all time, hands down. Hillary in '16 isn't nearly as horrible a prospect as some of the alternatives, especially if the reps still own at least one house of congress. Of course she's the anointed one now but the weather can change in about five cosmic minutes.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
JAM3S
Lieutenant

lol @ the people who continuously route for establishment candidates election after election.

Why dont we just try something outside the box just once to see if it works??
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
lol @ the people who continuously route for establishment candidates election after election.

Right?! Lose the 2 party system and lets just call the candidates as the cheating, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, arrogant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit that they all are!

Thank you Clark.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Right?! Lose the 2 party system and lets just call the candidates as the cheating, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, arrogant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit that they all are!

Thank you Clark.
Clark W. Griswold Jr.!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:

Because the majority of people are morons.

That was an easy question.
      03-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Didn't republicans try that last go round? Rember the Republican presidential primaries of 2012 featuring that crazy clown show with Rick Perry and Herman Cain and Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum? All that free entertainment and you still ended up with the establishment guy, Mitt Romney with his sorry attempt at trying and to reinvent himself yet again.

Btw if the CPAC convention in going on in DC right now is any indication of what the folks on the right think is outside the box, good luck for a long time cause you're gonna need it.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #16
JAM3S
Lieutenant

Quote:
Didn't republicans try that last go round? Rember the Republican presidential primaries of 2012 featuring that crazy clown show with Rick Perry and Herman Cain and Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum? All that free entertainment and you still ended up with the establishment guy, Mitt Romney with his sorry attempt at trying and to reinvent himself yet again.

Btw if the CPAC convention in going on in DC right now is any indication of what the folks on the right think is outside the box, good luck for a long time cause you're gonna need it.
Im talking about the guy who both parties are afraid of... yes Ron Paul. Yes lets dismiss him like all the talking heads say to, but I know for a fact if he was the President we wouldnt have the PATRIOT ACT/NDAA, the TSA, and DHS wouldnt be buying billions of rounds and tanks. Id take that over the current course we are on.

Perry, Cain, Bachman, and Santorum are all establishment neo con republicans.

Real conservatives arent pro war and intervention like the GOP has become (and Obama).

Both parties are the same and promote the same big govt policies. The ONLY differences are social issues which have no effect on most ppls lives.

I cant wait til 2016. Rand Paul can play the game better than his father and will be harder to ignore.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
Mss396
Jet Pilot
Germany

Quote:
know for a fact
That is a strong statement for you to make given you are not that person?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
JAM3S
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mss396 View Post
That is a strong statement for you to make given you are not that person?
Those things are easily repealed via executive order.

Anyone who has followed Ron Pauls career would know that those items would be cut as well as many more things that the Federal Govt has created since 9-11.

But fine.... "I can say with great confidence that.... blah blah blah"

Better?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
Mss396
Jet Pilot
Germany

Quote:
Those things are easily repealed via executive order.

Anyone who has followed Ron Pauls career would know that those items would be cut as well as many more things that the Federal Govt has created since 9-11.

But fine.... "I can say with great confidence that.... blah blah blah"

Better?
Yes. Just remember until you walk a mile in another mans shoes. You don't know what it's really like
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
Mss396
Jet Pilot
Germany

Isn't this just great!

Quote:
DEM Senators voted Wednesday to keep the White House closed to public tours, turning back a GOP-led effort to free up money to open the building back up after the sequesters

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...#ixzz2O78Xq2bJ
Follow us: washtimes on Twitter
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
You guys are all so concerned about the White House being closed for visitors. How do you folks feel about the working poor having the rug pulled out from under them due to cuts from the sequester? Such as maybe 100,000 homeless people losing their assistance. How about 70,000 children losing the assistance they receive from the Head Start program? What about the 125,000 families that struggle with their meager incomes and have to take assistance from the government for their rent?

Nope, you guys apparently don't care one bit about those people, otherwise you would have brought that up. Nope, instead you guys just regurgitate yet another talking point from your lords over @ Fox News. Have to say, I am not surprised at all.
      03-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #22
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
You guys are all so concerned about the White House being closed for visitors. How do you folks feel about the working poor having the rug pulled out from under them due to cuts from the sequester? Such as maybe 100,000 homeless people losing their assistance. How about 70,000 children losing the assistance they receive from the Head Start program? What about the 125,000 families that struggle with their meager incomes and have to take assistance from the government for their rent?

Nope, you guys apparently don't care one bit about those people, otherwise you would have brought that up. Nope, instead you guys just regurgitate yet another talking point from your lords over @ Fox News. Have to say, I am not surprised at all.

Really, what of your scenario has actually occurred? Just checking. Won't even ask you to tell me about how successful these programs have been at actually fixing a problem, lowering the numbers of participants, accomplishing their mission.

And whining about Fox news and using words like "regurgitate" is just so trite. It doesn't score any points any more.
Appreciate 0