E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 4200 stuck on ship, no power, no food, no water, no plumbing, people shitting in bags

02-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

I would have chartered a helicopter off if I had comunication.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #24
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

going on a cruise in June......... i think. i agree, ceo of that cruise company should have done something better than towing that boat for 4 days? thats insane. i would be pissed.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #25
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
hmmmm you're right, not docking side by side...but you can load them onto a transport boat, the ones that u get off the islands with, and put the passengers on a vacant sister ship...just do anything to get off that ship...

each of those transport boat can hold 300 passengers, do that 10x and everyone's off, as for the luggage, tell people to put it all on decks and they'll grab it eventually, just need to take passport and ID with them...
There are no vacant sister ships. That would be a losing business plan in the cruise industry.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #26
schoy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
Poor poor people they have it so tough!!! They just got a free cruise plus another $500 towards another plus more Im sure.
I'm guessing you don't work, because for many who do work (especially those who work hard), these are lost vacation days. Money isn't the problem; time is.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #27
schoy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
1st of all stop thinking it's the government's idea to take care of everything. When it gets to the point that the government takes care of everything you'll wish they weren't.

2nd, what a bunch of pansy bitches our country is populated with. OMG, 5 days without plumbing and AC!?!?!? What ever will we do!! There's not but a few people on that boat that going 5 days without food would do them good.

What's the big effing deal? Accidents happen, deal with it.
So if this happened to you, are you saying you wouldn't complain? And what if the cruise company decided to not compensate you, would you complain then? Or would that just make you a "pansy bitch"? Just wondering ...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #28
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
So if this happened to you, are you saying you wouldn't complain? And what if the cruise company decided to not compensate you, would you complain then? Or would that just make you a "pansy bitch"? Just wondering ...
You know how many people are furious about the stupid lights going off in the Super Bowl? What kind of shit is that?!? People expect everything to be perfect, every company should be able to for see every possible accident. And if there IS an accident of some sort people expect there to be a magic button that fixes everything, instantaneously!

In St. Lucia, SUPER beautiful island, super beautiful resort, majority of people on their honeymoon or to be married in just days. The outrage of the people at the resort because the island's water would turn off randomly for an hour or so each day was disgusting. People bitching and bitching at people who had no control of the water. People demanding room upgrades because of their "inconvenience". Who was supposed to compensate my wife and i when it rained during our wedding at this resort? The St. Lucian government, the resort, the locals??

And yes, i've been on a shitty cruise. Not as bad as this, but the actual itinerary of the cruise was completely changed due to 40' swells. So we just had 4 "fun days at sea" in 60 degree temperatures accompanied by 30 knot winds; which you had to endure because anywhere inside the ship reeked of puke from everyone being sea sick. While we were under power and able to get back into port, our cruise line opted to keep us out there voluntarily. No one got their money back, no one sued the company, it was a crappy experience and a waste of money. But you know what, if i wanted to ensure my experience to be a positive one, i wouldn't have chosen a vacation in which we had no control of.

Death & taxes, those are your guarantees in life. If you experience a wonderful cruise, good for you. If it's a crappy cruise, sorry for your luck, odds are the next one will be much better. I'm sorry but some people act like being without the luxuries of plumbing and AC for 5 days is the end of the world! People need to accept life for what it is and deal with it.
      02-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #29
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Put me on that ship! Lived on 2 carriers without water (non-essential) and stuff called "food" for a few weeks and followed that up with GI.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:54 AM   #30
schoy
Major
Rep

Quote:
You know how many people are furious about the stupid lights going off in the Super Bowl? What kind of shit is that?!? People expect everything to be perfect, every company should be able to for see every possible accident. And if there IS an accident of some sort people expect there to be a magic button that fixes everything, instantaneously!

In St. Lucia, SUPER beautiful island, super beautiful resort, majority of people on their honeymoon or to be married in just days. The outrage of the people at the resort because the island's water would turn off randomly for an hour or so each day was disgusting. People bitching and bitching at people who had no control of the water. People demanding room upgrades because of their "inconvenience". Who was supposed to compensate my wife and i when it rained during our wedding at this resort? The St. Lucian government, the resort, the locals??

And yes, i've been on a shitty cruise. Not as bad as this, but the actual itinerary of the cruise was completely changed due to 40' swells. So we just had 4 "fun days at sea" in 60 degree temperatures accompanied by 30 knot winds; which you had to endure because anywhere inside the ship reeked of puke from everyone being sea sick. While we were under power and able to get back into port, our cruise line opted to keep us out there voluntarily. No one got their money back, no one sued the company, it was a crappy experience and a waste of money. But you know what, if i wanted to ensure my experience to be a positive one, i wouldn't have chosen a vacation in which we had no control of.

Death & taxes, those are your guarantees in life. If you experience a wonderful cruise, good for you. If it's a crappy cruise, sorry for your luck, odds are the next one will be much better. I'm sorry but some people act like being without the luxuries of plumbing and AC for 5 days is the end of the world! People need to accept life for what it is and deal with it.
Your examples are different. No one can control the weather. Here, there was an engine fire, and someone (i.e. the cruise company) is clearly at fault. Are we supposed to just suck it up and let cruise companies get away with poor maintenance? Again, just wondering ...

Sure, accidents happen, but this wasn't an accident. This was likely the result of negligence. Does that change your analysis? Would your analysis change if this was the result of arson?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #31
!JGunz_325
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy
Quote:

Your examples are different. No one can control the weather. Here, there was an engine fire, and someone (i.e. the cruise company) is clearly at fault. Are we supposed to just suck it up and let cruise companies get away with poor maintenance? Again, just wondering ...

Sure, accidents happen, but this wasn't an accident. This was likely the result of negligence. Does that change your analysis? Would your analysis change if this was the result of arson?
The engine caught on fire so it's the company's fault???
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #32
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post

No it doesn't. Government and companies can't plan for and prevent every possible situation. The individual however, can mitigate as much or as little risk as they want.

So your in depth investigation has determined that the fire was due to negligence, huh? Sure about that? Could it have been a part failure? Could it possible have been a brand new faulty part the cruise line decided to change in the name of preventative maintenance? People are crazy enough to shoot up theaters, why not set fire to a ship with intentions of it sinking?

The fact of the matter is that the fire could be the result of any number of reasons, including arson. People chose to take a cruse and the more time passes the more people forget that life involves risk everyday. The more time passes the more people think that companies and governments have made a completely safe world for them to live in and enjoy. That's NOT life.

Call me crazy, paranoid or what you will but when i travel i take items with me that i may need should the situations take a nose dive. The less control i'll have during that vacation and the more remote the destination, the more contingency i prepare for.

You call it what you want, i'll call it being responsible for my actions and decisions. The less people do this the more disappointed they will be when things turn south. If i take a cruse, i know the weather may not be good, the seas may not be kind, the ship may have mechanical difficulties, and i know the other passengers will be floating along in their own little false utopian world.
      02-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #33
F80M
Major
Rep
Drives: M Fap

...shouffe shouffe shouffe

wondering what did it sound like when shit dropped in the bags...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #34
BostonBeemah
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: AW 135i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Barack Obama does not care about white people

-Kanye West-
yepp