E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rear toe maxed out and won't toe in

12-23-2019, 05:06 AM   #1
Veton_335d
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d M-Sport (e92)

Rear wheel won\'t toe in

I've recently purchased an e92 335d and went through a new set of tyres in 2k miles with excessive inner tyre wear. I went to have the alignment checked and they told me the rear drivers side (UK) toe was way out and could not be adjusted due to seized bolts.

I then changed the bolts and bushes on both swing arms/roll over struts and changed the upper and lower control arms at the same time.

I went back to the alignment shop and they could now adjust the toe, but it could not be brought in. The best they could do was around -2 degrees, where it should be around 0.07 degrees. For this reason, they adjusted the left side to toe in +2 degrees to bring the total toe down to near enough 0. However, the thrust angle is way off because both rear wheels are pointing right slightly and now it's crabbing.

They came to the conclusion that something must be bent on the right drivers side corner but couldn't see what it was with the naked eye. They measured the arms and they were all good too. Any ideas as to what this could be? Maybe a bent hub/knuckle?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 07:03 AM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Could be any one, or a combination of, many things.

Recently saw one on here where a bushing had been drilled oversize, for some reason...
Appreciate 0