View Single Post
      05-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkraven View Post
Well, here's my experience with a BMW driver today that left me scratching my head.

At a left turn light with two lanes turning left. I was in the outside lane next to this beautiful sparkling graphite E92 who had been behind me for the last couple of miles. I drive a Monaco Blue 335i E92, debadged. Sparkling Graphite was my next choice. He still has his new car registration stuck to the windshield.

So this guy is in his car and he's got a pretty girl in the seat next to him, and their window is down, so I roll down my window and say casually, "Nice car, man." Totally sincere, no sarcasm, I had no idea what kind of 3er it was, since he had been behind me the whole time.

He rolls up his passenger side window. FLOORS it when the left turn arrow turns green, turns into the outside turn lane (MY lane) and slams on the brakes in the middle of the intersection, then flips me the bird and stomps on the gas and drives off.

I dunno.

Maybe some people just have asshole permanently wired into their little insecure peabrains. As he drove off, I saw it was a 328i, similarly debadged.

That's why people think BMW drivers have a bad rap: plenty of them are assholes. It's just that there are so many more asshole Toyota drivers, when a BMW driver is an asshole to you, you REMEMBER they were driving a BMW (or a Mercedes, or a Lexus), and you start making correlations between money, your own insecurity, and rude behaviour.

For the record, I have no idea what set this guy off, or if it had anything to do with what I said, what I drive, or whatnot. All I know is he drove like an asshole and if I wasn't a better driver, I would have gotten into an accident in the middle of an intersection.

So I've learned my lesson. Next time I see you assholes driving around in your pretty E92s, I'm going to keep it to myself!
Good, leave me to my asshole ways
Appreciate 0