View Single Post
      10-04-2022, 04:13 PM   #7
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I like this car as a car, apart from some of the quirky looks, I just don't like it as a Corvette. That doesn't mean that I expect the Corvette to never change, I would just prefer that it not change significantly in the direction of exotic cars. I want my F/R V8 Corvette to look like a Corvette, sound like a Corvette, and be a bargain...as it has always been.

To me, making a Corvette mid-engine and giving it a flat-plane crank sound is like making a Lotus heavy, or a Bugatti spartan, or a Mustang/Camaro expensive, or a Honda hard to maintain. It just doesn't fit.

And with todays prices, even the bargain thing is out the window. I have a buddy in the car business that buys these at $20K over sticker only to resell them at $50K over sticker.

All I can say is that I'm glad my automotive stable is complete.
I agree with you to a degree. I consider myself a Corvette guy. I've been a fan since I was a kid. I've owned a few including my all time favorite 2007 C6 Z06. I understand why they went mid-engine. It took the Corvette into another category as far as overall performance is concerned, but it also took it into other categories that I am not too thrilled with. One, the cost. It has gone up a lot overall. Corvettes were always known for their performance value. They were more accessible to the average guy. There were discounted on a regular basis and they were easily found on lots or ordered. Now, its impossible to find one at MSRP unless you go with the big name dealers and you wait a year. Two, everyone wants one. Not just Corvette guys. A lot of "outsiders" are buying them. A lot of social-media-gotta-have-it-now-because-I-need-likes-to-live crowd are buying them. I get that that is good for business and the survival of the Corvette for the future generations. Its just different now. Its pretty annoying and takes the fun out of it. I cant go order a Z06 because all the flippers and social media retards bought up all the allocations. Hell, I cant even go order a Stingray without waiting 1+years for it.
Appreciate 3
AlexFL7839.00
///MPhatic13997.50
Cos270608.50