View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #129
Ti335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicbimmer19 View Post
All I was trying to say was that Audi is not a truly prestigious brand imo, not as desirable as BMW, the same way BMW isn't quite as prestigious as Mercedes.
The prestige hierarchy that you are suggesting simply does not exist anymore. Mercedes has long stopped being #1. In fact, most of their models, except for the very high end ones, cost less than comparable Audi and BMW models. In a way, they have become the "value brand" of the European luxury segment.

In Germany, Audi is by far the best selling luxury car. More than that, it's the second best selling car brand period, second only to VW. To me, success in the German domestic market is much more indicative of the true quality of the product than success in the USA. Most Americans have absolutely terrible taste in automobiles and spend big money crappy cars like Lincoln, Lexus, Cadillac Escalade, etc. Audi also easily outsells Mercedes and BMW in the rest of Europe, Russia, China and many other Asian countries. Audi's sales are also growing at a greater rate as compared to BMW's or MB's.
Appreciate 0