View Single Post
      07-30-2014, 04:23 AM   #64
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I think if you want to know that your car is being driven absolutely as fast as it can be, then Lewis is your man, if you want slightly less speed but a "smarter" driver then Alonso is top of the list.
I'd take LH first myself.
Ricciardo drove brilliantly in last two races, he has great overtaking skills and a lot of speed, its going to be interesting to see how he fits into the driver ratings - him in the same team as LH or FA would be fascinating.
It must be tough if you are a Vettel supporter to see your man being overshadowed but he is taking it with good grace, which says a lot about his character - weirdly I like him more now than when he was winning!
BOT and HUL are unknowns as well - they both seem fast but is that because their team mates are not?
Feel a bit sorry for Nico - he is a very fast driver who in most any any other team would look exceptional.
Jules Bianchi may be a bit of a dark horse, rumored as having a chance of a switch to Ferrari...jammy bastard, film star looks and gets to drive an F1 car.
I agree, other than the pick of HAM over ALO if I was a team boss. I also look at BOT and HUL from more than this year. To me they have shown great relative speed in poor cars and faster cars and across a few different team mates. BOT is seriously competitive in a faster car and drove way above the cars competitiveness when he had a crap car. HUL has only been in crap cars and shown very good speed and results for what he has to drive. Not sure about ROS, seems a bit like Seb. I agree though, unlucky for him it's HAM and not WEB...

I also agree about Vettel, I didn't like him as a champ but this year his personality is so much better. A very good loser but a pretty poor winner.

Last edited by solstice; 07-30-2014 at 05:06 AM..
Appreciate 0