View Single Post
      03-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #20
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Some asshole that wasn't paying attention to traffic patterns cut me off today.

I was making a right turn at a light (had the green). The road I turned onto has two lanes temporarily. The right lane ends after about 15-20 yards and traffic must merge left.

I turned right, staying in the right-most lane. I signaled to merge left, and then did so immediately. Some jackass came racing up the right side of me, in the right lane that was about to end.

Despite the fact that I had backed off the throttle to let him pass (wasn't trying to run him off the road, though in hindsight I should have), he ran out of road and swerved into a bunch of dirt, gravel, and broken pavement off the side of the road.

When he swerved back, cutting me off, his car sent a bunch of debris bouncing off the road surface right at my front end. Luckily there weren't any cars behind me so I slammed the brakes and did some Matrix maneuvers to avoid a bunch of rocks skipping into my car at 30 mph.

Damn that story turned out to be too long. Just wanted to vent about this tactic. Hate it when people veer off the road and send rocks and crap hurling toward me.

Sorry to hear about your windshield, OP.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0