11-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

** Official Bimmerpost Photo Contest #64 | Color as Subject

Hello everyone!

Your task is challenging, if a little vague. Your goal is to compose a photograph that uses color as subject, similar to the works of William Eggleston.

The actual content of your photograph, rather than dominating the physical scene, will serve to inform the colors you see, providing a context for why those colors are relevant to the message you are trying to send.

Loosen up--forget everything you've been told about physical space. Approach every photograph you wish to take in the context of what the colors mean to you. You can photograph the most mundane, dry, even unpleasant objects or spaces--if done right, the colors will do all the talking.

Some of Eggleston's work:

SUBMISSION WILL CLOSE BY SUNDAY 11/11/2012 11:59PM PST --I know this is short, so if people need more time, we can extend it--

RULES:

1. Any interpretation of the theme that falls within Bimmerpost.com rules is welcome.
2. You must be the person that took the photo. Previous photos are acceptable as long as you are the one that captured the image.
3. One submission per contest, and you cannot resubmit a photo that you've submitted before in a previous contest.
4. Images must be no larger than 1024 px in any direction. Links to larger images are allowed but you must have one that is under 1024 px for the poll.
5. All contestants must host their own pictures (which includes hosting them on Bimmerpost).
6. All images must have a title.
7. While post processing in Photoshop is allowed, adding or removing parts of the picture is not. In the event a photo is suspected to be "photo-chopped," the contestant will be asked to provide the original picture.

For this contest, rule #7 is tricky. Post-processing is absolutely allowed as always, but when it comes to editing color and light, step back and make sure that the aesthetic hasn't crossed the fine line between ethereal and digitally surreal.

Last edited by xDrive35i; 11-04-2012 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0