05-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #89
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy View Post
Monaco? F1 is often a parade, and Monaco is one of the worst. In town would be $$$, out of town would be a lousy commute. Maybe use a train? I suppose the track lets you get closer to the cars than most these days.

I did Monza once. You can stay in Milan, it's big enough that the prices don't get jacked up. And take a train/short shuttle bus to the track. Nice cultural experience. After the race, I joined the crowd rushing the track. Kind of fun, if you didn't fight it, and let the crowd carry you where it would. After the podium ceremony it broke up, and you could walk around the track. Under the old banking was very cool. The one disappointment was the pit stops. I had a seat directly across, but they had shields up and you could see very little.

I don't think F1 has pit passes, except for the well connected. If you want to buy tickets you might think about doing it as soon as the track will sell them. 6 months before Monza was too close, the track had none, and I had to buy one from what here would be a scalper. Something like 5 times face value. It's a well organized system, lots of established vendors, all gets done over the Web.

Spa looks like it would be a hoot, but you have a very decent chance of awful weather. In my book, the last great track, with some really fast turns.
wow thank you for all the info....monaco is on my bucket list and so is spa!!!!!!!! think spa would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!