View Single Post
      02-14-2024, 11:59 AM   #23
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Here’s your answer. $15+/hr. Those incompetent McDonald’s employees who can’t find their own butt with both hands want us to show them the money. They no longer consider working the counter at McDonald’s a part-time, high school, stepping stone job. These days it’s the career they aspire to and they gotta have a “living” wage.

I hate that this is true, but McDonald’s makes good coffee and I like Egg McMuffins, so I still eat there occasionally. It’s hard not to, because there is one literally on the lot next to my condo building. I can get a large coffee for 99 cents, so the total is just under $6. But, I utterly despise McDonald’s as a company.

I love Chick Fil A and I eat there occasionally. I’m not a growing teenager, so I get just the basic chicken sandwich and a small sweet tea and refill the tea. But, it’s still pushing $9 these days.

I like Chipotle, but last time I was there about a month ago I noticed they’ve had a significant price increase.

Right now, for me, Panera Bread is my go to. There’s one on the way to my dad’s place, so I eat there a lot. BUT, here’s the key. Get their “Value Duet” meals. I believe there are seven choices. Depending on location they are $7 - $9. It’s a large half sandwich, chips, and a “cup” of soup, which is actually a bowl of soup. It is plenty of food and I think it’s probably enough for a teenager. There are also two salad and soup options. A Greek salad (the one to get) and a Caesar salad. You need to like tomato soup or chicken with wild rice. They come with a baguette by default, but you can [...]
a livable wage is heavily defined by the cost of everything around u... when housing costs skyrocketed as well all input costs... wages needed to adjust

bringing down labor costs now is just making everyone poorer... mickey d's used to at least be a way of getting by when you could rent a room for $500... it no longer is