View Single Post
      01-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #28
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.....

Regardless, I've tried watching a couple of these videos about this and I find myself getting upset with both sides of the gun control issue.

The anti-gun crowd for the most part seems to have no experience with firearms and often shows they dont know what they are talking about when they say they want to ban something that to them is evil.

On the other hand, you have these pro-gun nutjobs that think the government is out to get everyone and after they forcibly take away our guns they're just going to kill everyone... There was a link on that infowars video to another video where that is what the guys says. They say that their right to gun ownership is in order to protect against a tyrannical government, yet how many of them would actually use their weapons against another human?

What upsets me is that there is a big part of gun ownership that seems to be overlooked by both sides. I don't feel the need to own firearms to keep the government from taking away my rights (which most people have done nothing to earn) nor do I have such paranoia that i feel i must be armed at all times to stay safe, I dont even have an interest in hunting. I just like going to the range and shooting, I'm a recreational shooter. I have fun trying to hit a target with a projectile. It is a sport to me just as golf is to others. When I go shooting it is usually about spending time with friends who share the common interest and a friendly competition to who can perform better. W

So what upsets me about these gun control advocates is not that they want to take away my ability to protect myself, but they don't seem to care that a responsible gun owner enjoys the recreation of target shooting. At the same time, I am blindly thrown into the same crowd as the ones who say "the government is out to get us mannnnn", and "its right in front of you, just look at all these general places" without citing an actual event.

In Maryland the 2 biggest talked about items in the election were same sex marriage and allowing more gambling in the state. What I realized then more than before is that Americans just love to kill the fun of anyone who doesn't think exactly like them. So fucking what if 2 people who have the same genitals want to get married?! And people are going to gamble anyways why not make some profit for your state? Why are these things and gun control even up for debate. IF you take away the guns, guns will still exists and people will still be murdered. It happens, it sucks, its part of life in a big populated country filled with people who have different opinions and a shitty education system. Stop trying to kill someone else's good time.