02-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #51
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
wow. with some bolt-on's, it will be faster than an m3, but that goes for many cars out there. m3 isn't a drag racing power house. but on the other side of things, you buy a vette, you're getting a fiberglass bath tub with a huge engine and a crappy interior. what sounds more civicy to you? not to mention that i'll roast a non-Z06 vette in the corners every single time.

to the OP - my vote is for the vette, too, if all you want is a fast 2 seater. if you want some luxury too, 335 is the best choice.
Roast a non-Z06 vette in the corners? Did you happen to see what the non-Z06 did to an M3 in the Lightening Lap in 2008 with Car and Driver? Try that the non-Z06 Vette was 4 seconds a lap faster than the M3! That is an eternity on a road coarse. The CTS-V was quicker than the M3.
Go to the bottom and click on the "downloads" Results Chart.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...p_2008_feature

You are comparing a VERY good GT (M3) vs. a sports car. The Vette weighs quite a bit less than the M3 as well. You're trying to compare apples and oranges. The M3 will not compete with the Vette, even the standard Vette. The 335 doesn't stand a chance unless you spend major $$$ to upgrade and then it's not going to be stock vs. stock anyway.

For those of you that don't think the Vette is liveable for daily use - no worry. I've owned a C6 Z06 and it was fantastic daily. The Vette's have always been praised for their useability and ability to be driven from coast-to-coast. Don't even worry about it. There is a ton of room in the car and the trunk space is huge. Fuel mileage I have seen (in the Z06) on the highway was 26 - 27 mpg (that was when I was making 440 rwhp).
Appreciate 0