10-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #110
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
This is funny considering the E46 came out in 2000 as an '01 (..sedan), and it took Infiniti 4 years to come out w/ a car to battle an aging platform (..and it was only marginally successful in that attempt). The E46 was done as of '05. Way to go Infiniti (...sarcasm)!
Ehh I beg to differ being that 2003 was the first time Inifniti has come out with anything along that line, as far a sports coupe. Inifiniti before that point was pure luxury, thats it (no sports line like the M series). BMW has been playing that same image "im a BMW, buy me for that reason" up until this point. Now they have competition so THEY stepped their game up. People started thinkning, why am I buying a BMW for 40k when I can have a car that performs similar (if not better) and looks nice for 36K.

And come on man. Im not too sure of what the e46 series consist of, but please do not tell me you are talking about the 330i or 325i. I do believe a G35 can and has handled them. If im wrong of what an e46 is please excuse my ignorance, im pretty new to the BMW scene, but has been watching from the outside.
Appreciate 0