10-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #107
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeveryday View Post
I dont disagree with you at all. However, i do disagree with you saying that we are always in denial with the 335. No one feels the 335 isnt a great car but it is CLOSE competition to the G37, as ALL magazines have stated(some stating one or the other on top). Also, if you want to make that point of numbers then why do 328i drivers compare it with the G35 when clearly as you stated the "hard" numbers state it is a better car.

Also, I doubt the reasons are that people cant afford the 335 but rather they may not see the point of paying 6K more for a car that is THAT close in performance and style.

Thats where im at right now. However, fact remains the 335 is an excellent car, IMO.

LOL, however it did take them (BMW) 4 years to make a response to the G35.
For me, the awesome potential of the N54 engine with affordable mods was more than enough to justify the higher price. I do think the G37 is a very nice car. But I didn't like the 5 speed automatic, and the heavy weight of the car. I think they should have charged a little more money, and spent it reducing its weight and giving it a respectable 6 speed automatic.

But Carlos Ghosn كارلوس is about cutting costs, so they ended up with a compromise. When is the G40 Twin Turbo coming out?
Appreciate 0