View Single Post
      09-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #168
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRider23 View Post
That is just absolute bullshit. It's babying adults. Adults can manage their own lives FFS. We don't need the government getting into the lives of adults because they might have to live a different lifestyle after a divorce...
I agree. As I mentioned in one of earlier posts, most of the divorce laws were designed decades ago. Those day woman used to stay home and take care of kids. After divorce there was very little chance for her to get a job paying enough money to survive. As we all know that has changes. woman can earn as much as men. But divorce laws have remained the same most part.

And the worst part is not the amount of alimony, it is the length. If you divorce after 9 years, you could get a away with 2-5 years of alimony. But once you exceed 10 years most likely you are in for life. Knowing that there is no end to it really sucks. You will have to make a lot of sacrifices in order to pay your alimony while she is enjoying your money at a beach some place in Hawaii probably with a boyfriend is like a nightmare...maybe even worse
Appreciate 0