03-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #43
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
How's everyone keeping up with their NYR?

So today, after the lights went off at our local outdoor court, we started dicking around and I attempted several dunks. On March 28, exactly 86 days after setting my goal of "Dunking at the age of 30", I successfully pulled down a clean dunk which me and my friends agreed was legit. I was not able to replicate the feat due to hours of ballin and two sprained ankles but was extremely happy nonetheless. On Jan 3, my standing vertical was 19" and today it is 32".

3 painful months of training and injuries paid off with just one successful leap. So glad I committed to this and I'll continue to train so I can pull one down consistently.
That's awesome man, congrats! Gaining 13" of vertical in 3 months is very impressive. Now you just need to get to the point where you can get the training done without injury as things can and will stay more consistent.

I have been doing pretty damn well keeping with my NYR, making a few good hires at the end of last year has really helped me be able to cut down on the number of hours worth of bullshit I have to deal with on a weekly basis. Having the extra hours during the week is still a little odd to me though, but I'm sure I will be able to fill that up more easily once the weather here in the midwest starts to get to a point that being outside is a little more enjoyable. Once I can start golfing here and not get on a plane, I can start to work on the second NYR I had.
Appreciate 0