Thread: LAKERS vs. SUNS
View Single Post
      05-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #71
huchung
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

rchanou, theres not much to hate on but some images put out by the NBA and Nike Public Relations to endorse him to the casual fan...I was once on the Kobe bandwagon (when he was traded to LA), but his situation with shaq, and his at any cost mentality (a la AI) has made me weary of his game. Hes the best HORSE player in the league, but basketball isnt a game of HORSE or A**. There are shot selections, game flow, schemes, attack points, etc etc. Take out the shot selection because he'll jack up any shot over 5 defenders...Take out the game flow, cuz its the black hole when you give it to him...

Hes a great individual player, a la a young MJ, but if he keeps jacking up shots, thats all he'll ever be. Hes shown some sign in the playoffs by being more team oriented and "passive" (ONLY taking 19.25 shots/game), but I dont judge a player by ONE series. To be great like Mike, he needs to make his teammates better, which weve only seen glimpse of in this series. If he improves his team game, then hell, i'll admit hes got TEAM game. Til then, I'll stop 'hating' and admit that hes the best HORSE/1-on-1 player in the league...In the meantime, if you buy that hes a great team player, then I got snake oil I think you'd be interested in.

Note: Regarding his 8 assist game, he also had 7 Turn Overs. Very harmful considering they're playing the team that likes to run.
Appreciate 0